Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

3 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Oh i forgot to reply to this. I completely agree that if its a signing that the FFA want but the club doesnt or they are lukewarm about then, yes i completely agree the FFA should pay for it or at least subsidise the club.

But this all came about because people were complaining that the FFA wont help us pay to keep Bruno here.

And after last night i will say that i was completely wrong about this. The club, the FFA, the fucking state and federal governments need to do everything in their power to make sure he stays.

Tear up passport pls.

1 hour ago, SF33 said:

At what point does the Uruguay national team have to start taking a serious look at including him?

At the point that he is playing in a league they've heard of and rate.

Now I think they should be looking at him for a squad, but can't imagine they actually are. Remember their first choice striker is at a little club named Barcelona.

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Now I think they should be looking at him for a squad, but can't imagine they actually are. Remember their first choice striker is at a little club named Barcelona.

Cavani is no spud either. 

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Oh yeah, I'm not expecting him to be getting picked ahead of Suarez, but getting named to one of those 24 man squads doesn't seem outside the realms of possibility to me.

8 hours ago, CityGirl said:

I signed up half way through the season and Bruno is the only guy l know by name. Probably because he scores every game!

Yes, there's nothing like repetition to reinforce a memory. Hopefully he keeps scoring so much that you'll be mumbling his full name in your sleep, Bruno Fornaroli Mezza.

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Yes, there's nothing like repetition to reinforce a memory. Hopefully he keeps scoring so much that you'll be mumbling his full name in your sleep, Bruno Fornaroli Mezza.

Hopefully he does keep scoring but there won't be any mumbling his name in my sleep :D

• Like 1

First class attitude. BTW the full interview is in the Audio and Video thread:

Fornaroli reveals secret to success, Sorensen hails City's recovery

By Michael Huguenin

18/04/2016

There is a simple reason why Melbourne City's gun striker is flying in the A-League, while their goalkeeper was thrilled with how they responded against Perth Glory

Melbourne City striker Bruno Fornaroli has revealed his secret to finals success, while goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen described Sunday's win over Perth Glory as "top notch from start to finish".

Fornaroli again hogged the headlines after his impressive brace in City's 2-0 triumph at AAMI Park, with the Uruguayan executing an overhead kick in the first half and curling a free-kick into the top corner of the net in the second to send his team into the A-League semi-finals.

The two goals took Fornaroli to 25 in his debut A-League season and the 28-year-old explained a positive frame of mind was critical for him in the pressure-cooker atmosphere of the finals.

"I'm enjoying [my football] with the fans, I'm enjoying with my team-mates - this is perfect for me," he told reporters on Monday.

"I think when you play the final, you need to enjoy [it]. This is the secret."

Fornaroli seemed slightly bashful when discussing his bicycle kick that gave City the lead in the 40th minute on Sunday's elimination final.

But the former Sampdoria and Panathinaikos forward claimed the hosts took control of the match following his opening goal.

"I think the team worked hard yesterday, very hard," Fornaroli said.

"When you don't have a second opportunity, you need to work like this, and I think team worked very good yesterday."

City's response after losing their final two matches of the regular season was impressive against Glory, who had beaten Fornaroli and Co. in the penultimate round.

Sorensen was thrilled with how City recovered at home and claimed he is looking forward to another chance at revenge versus premiers Adelaide United on Friday night.

Adelaide defeated City 2-0 on April 8 to eventual lift the Premiers Plate.

"We had a little bit of a sticky patch come the end of the [regular] season, so it was important to get things back on track and I though the performance [against Glory] was top notch from start to finish," Sorensen said.

While City lost at home to the Reds in the last round before finals, they have triumphed in both meetings in Adelaide this season.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2016/04/18/22511442/fornaroli-reveals-secret-to-success-sorensen-hails-citys

7 hours ago, SF33 said:

Oh yeah, I'm not expecting him to be getting picked ahead of Suarez, but getting named to one of those 24 man squads doesn't seem outside the realms of possibility to me.

It's very unlikely, unless he goes to Europe and starts performing there

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

You should see Timmy Cahills range of plain white tees then

I think the tee's are a great idea and actually look good. But $40 for a plain white cotton tee with just a print is not worth $40. Don't want to sound like a tight arse, but remember you could've bought MCFC jersey's for $30. I reckon if they were @ $20 each a hundred plus fans would buy one rather then @ $40 each and a dozen fans purchasing it. I wouldn't buy a Timmy Cahill top even it was $5 :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

I think the tee's are a great idea and actually look good. But $40 for a plain white cotton tee with just a print is not worth $40. Don't want to sound like a tight arse, but remember you could've bought MCFC jersey's for $30. I reckon if they were @ $20 each a hundred plus fans would buy one rather then @ $40 each and a dozen fans purchasing it. I wouldn't buy a Timmy Cahill top even it was $5 :D

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

You don't want to know how much the kids at the front of the terrace are paying for their clothes if you think $40 is expensive for a tee

I'm an old tight arse, so i think along the same lines as Tony

• Like 3

I've been trying to go through Uruguayan news sites to see if Bruno is attracting any attention in relation to their national set up. There's not a lot I've found so far, but this one mentions his national team prospects.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/resto-america/2016/04/17/5713cc62268e3e95158b45bd.html

A pesar de sus cifras, parece poco probable que Óscar Tabárez le tenga en cuenta de cara a la Copa América Centenario que se disputará el próximo verano en Estados Unidos. El delantero del Melbourne City ni siquiera se ha estrenado con la celeste y no parece que Australia sea el escenario propicio para llamar la atención del técnico 'charrúa'.

(Despite his (scoring) numbers, it seems little likely that Oscar Tabarez has him in mind for the Centennial American Cup which will be contended next summer in the US. The Melbourne City striker hasn't ever made his debut for the sky-blue (Uruguay nation team) and it seems that Australia is not the ideal stage from which to call attention of the Uruguay coach.)

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Yeah sounds like he is gone. Although he has a two year contract. I'm hoping it's just mis written 

Unfortunately the contract doesn't mean anything if the club accepts an offer for him and the new club give him personal terms he accepts. 

• jw1739 locked this topic