Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

lol, the 2016 MLS season doesn't start until March 2016, so I don't see Fornaroli leaving Melbourne City for NYCFC in January or even February (pretty sure the transfer window slams shut a few days into Feb).

If this is anything beyond a joke and such a loan move ever materialised then Melbourne City might as well stop selling memberships, because people wouldn't buy them.

lol, the 2016 MLS season doesn't start until March 2016, so I don't see Fornaroli leaving Melbourne City for NYCFC in January or even February (pretty sure the transfer window slams shut a few days into Feb).

If this is anything beyond a joke and such a loan move ever materialised then Melbourne City might as well stop selling memberships, because people wouldn't buy them.

They start pre-season training in January.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Tuna really makes you appreciate just how shit every other forward that we've  ever had really is.

Even the good ones in Babalj and Lord Sibon were only half as good tbh. 

C'mom Jimmy

what about Willo, I mean the guy got a standing ovation at Del Piero's farwell match, those fans knew what a class player he is :tooth::tooth::tooth:

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Tuna really makes you appreciate just how shit every other forward that we've  ever had really is.

Even the good ones in Babalj and Lord Sibon were only half as good tbh. 

I def agree but this also the first time in MHFC/MCFC History we have had a good Number 10 and a Good Number 9 in Mooy and Tuna.

Sibon never had a good Number 10 behind him, Eli did have Fred but he was injured half the time, Tadic had a dead Fred, Misfud was plain shit and Kennedy dead was himself when he rocked up at MCFC. (In his defence Willow did look alright when Orlando was setting him up with those unbelievable passes from DM.)

I think the best thing about Tuna was pointed out by Telsa before he had even played a match which was that the club seemed to finally seriously go looking for a Striker who would both fit our system and more importantly the League itself.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tesla said:

Possibly the best player in the league TBH.

Actually agree, Same qualities as Berisha in hold up play, harassing defenders, finding space and good finishing, with the added bonus that he is fucking silky on the ball and can pick a pass himself. Never seen him play in Europe, but can't understand how he didn't make it there tbh. 

IF we get our defence with Zullo, Franjic and Hughes to come back all sorted we'll come mighty close to winning the league. Mooy, Novillo, Fornaroli are probably three of the top five or six players in the league IMO. No excuses this year.

25 minutes ago, perthheart said:

Actually agree, Same qualities as Berisha in hold up play, harassing defenders, finding space and good finishing, with the added bonus that he is fucking silky on the ball and can pick a pass himself. Never seen him play in Europe, but can't understand how he didn't make it there tbh. 

IF we get our defence with Zullo, Franjic and Hughes to come back all sorted we'll come mighty close to winning the league. Mooy, Novillo, Fornaroli are probably three of the top five or six players in the league IMO. No excuses this year.

Glad you put the word IF  in there

Melbourne City’s Bruno Fornaroli on Uruguay’s 2006 World Cup exit to Australia

November 10, 2015

Matt Windley

NO SOONER than he is asked to provide his memories about the 2006 World Cup qualifier between Australia and Uruguay does Bruno Fornaroli interject.

“Two times, yeah?” Melbourne City’s Uruguayan striker asks, two fingers raised to emphasise his point.

“You always want to speak about the last one, eh? I remember two — the last one not so good — but I remember two.”

The “two” he refers to is the pair of two-legged qualifiers Australia and Uruguay fought out in the first half of the last decade.

The first, to qualify for the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea, ended in a 3-1 aggregate loss for the Socceroos.

And Fornaroli, all of 14 at the time, was in the stands at the fabled Estadio Centenario in Montevideo to see the second leg as Uruguay advanced.

The second, to qualify for Germany 2006, ultimately ended in the most famous of penalty shootout successes for Australia at ANZ Stadium in Sydney, which qualified the Socceroos for their first World Cup in 32 years.

“The first one I go to stadium for this match. I like this match,” Fornaroli said.

“The second qualification, I don’t like it for us.

“In Uruguay, all the people, it’s all about football.

“It’s not like here where you have the footy or the rugby. In Uruguay the most important for everything is football.

“So is sad for everyone in the country, but now I think we have a good team and I hope this time we don’t have to play Australia, we go straight to Russia (2018).”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/melbourne-citys-bruno-fornaroli-on-uruguays-2006-world-cup-exit-to-australia/news-story/6166709ef72ee4cafbd19200630e3f66

7 hours ago, n i k o said:

Maybe it's my severe lack of sleep the last two days but that sentence makes no fucking sense to me 

Just like our lack of results given the squad we have.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

• jw1739 locked this topic