Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

• 5 weeks later...

The guy's one touch play is amazing, even if he doesn't end up being a prolific goal-scorer I can see him racking up the assists

What can I buy with all the green lines I'm going to receive for this shit?

Edited by Tesla

Fornaroli really impressed me against Heidelberg. I thought his link-up play around the final third (with players like Mooy and Koren) was excellent. His 2 goals were very good to watch--his positioning was good and his finishing clinical. Also he's high energy, providing good hustle and defence all game, and working hard until the end of the game (with his injury time goal being a good sign of that).

I can see him cracking the 10 goal mark next season, especially because he's very fit and a good age (at 28), and I can see him being our starting striker for the vast majority of matches this season (something we haven't had for 2 seasons, one striker who will start every game, with Kennedy and Dugandzic/Williams/Koren last season, and Mifsud and Williams the season before). I reckon just having regular focal point up front and a settled attack will do great things for our team, so Fornaroli is an excellent addition.

• 2 weeks later...

Very impressive personality/attitude. Fornaroli's a bona fide fighter, and he has the quality to make the difference in the final third too.

It'll be a joy watching this guy this season, who's at a footballer's peak period at 28 years of age. And it's awesome knowing we've got this guy contracted for next season too. 

• Like 4

Need more players like him

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/a-league-melbourne-city-striker-bruno-fornaroli-on-hot-scoring-streak/story-e6frf4gl-1227573428976

"

More importantly though, according to Retre, is the fact that the man known as “El Tuna” is one of those players who “plays for the shirt”.

“It lifts the team dramatically,” Retre says.

“You need players who are going to stand up for you in a game and he stood up for us (on Saturday night) in some crucial moments.

"

Edited by haz
  • Like 2

Really impressed by Bruno.

The target VISA striker in the A-League is basically Berisha. Hard working, harasses opposition, can hold onto the ball, draws defenders, can create chances and when he gets a chance he takes it. Fornaroli has already demonstrated he can do all of those, and like Berisha is happy to get under defenders skin.

Really looking forward to seeing him become more comfortable in the league and squad, and hopefully he'll actually get some support from his teammates in future. Way to often he had to hold onto the ball for ages with nothing to pass to.

• Like 2

• jw1739 locked this topic