Melbourne Football

2015 City FFA Cup Campaign: Semi Final V The Cap Cheats in Perth

Dylan

It's a shithole because that's where all the commission houses are. During the 1956 Melbourne Olympics the athletes stayed around Olympic Village. After the Olympics it all turned into commission housing.

Favorite venues?  Personally, I think it's a hole. The lighting is shit, ground has a hill where the goals are and stadium is so dull. But you are right, it hasn't changed at all even when I played for their yoof 15 years ago. And to this day I don't know what they are? They spoke Maco, had Maco music game day then spoke Greek when the wind blew.

ah well we can't  all live in affluent , of should I say effluent suburbs,

trying living where I grew up ,and choose to still live, Nth Dandenong bordering on Lyndale commission housing estate, 

the world in one suburb

Is it right next to Northland or am I looking at the wrong ground?

Correct. If driving better to park at Norfys and walk across the bridge.

Extra time taken for the gyros to cook...

Last time I was there (earlier in the year), you had to line up to pay then get a ticket then line up again to pick up the drinks and souvas, pure Greek style organising.

From memory #1 carpark in the state for break-ins.I had my soccer bag (containing my mouth plate) stolen from my car there a few years ago.

well there was that infamous car jacking a few years ago where the druggies took the car & the kids (they were fine in the end), but I've been there umpteen times and never had a problem day or evening.