Melbourne Football

Sign Archie Thompson

kingofhearts

Definitely a top notch signing if we can land him! 

What's even better is that I've heard he's a really great person off the pitch and he treats everyone with respect.

This season he has been good off the bench. When ever he has been in the starting X1 he has had a poor game. And he is slowing down.

We can forget about our finishing problems with this guy! Archie once scored thirteen goals against American Samoa! That's right... American Samoa! That's more goals in one game than David Williams in one A-league season! On that stat alone he is good enough to warrant an Aus marquee salary and at just 36 he still has plenty of years left in him! 

We're Ganna win the league with Archie!

Given he's been celebrating his derby goals directly in front of us rather than his own fans for the last 5 years this doesn't surprise me.

In all seriousness, if we sign this wifebeating c*nt I'll post my membership back to la trobe.

I'll shout you postage, don't need unloyal fans like you pretending you know better than the CFG anyway!

Given he's been celebrating his derby goals directly in front of us rather than his own fans for the last 5 years this doesn't surprise me.

In all seriousness, if we sign this wifebeating c*nt I'll post my membership back to la trobe.

I'll shout you postage, don't need unloyal fans like you pretending you know better than the CFG anyway!

Spot on. Don't need supporters like himself content with mediocrity. We would be championship contenders imo with archie.

Supposedly he volunteers to help women who have been affected by domestic violence, what a top bloke.

Spot on. Don't need supporters like himself content with mediocrity. We would be championship contenders imo with archie.

Supposedly he volunteers to help women who have been affected by domestic violence, what a top bloke.

After all these positive endorsements i've changed my mind. Would be a good positive move. Make it happen. 

In fact make it the first move in the off season, I wouldn't be surprised if he was invited tonight to present the awards tonight,

My two year old will be playing for city before archie does.

Are you sure? How many times has your 2 year-old scored 13 goals against American Samoa? 

Even if he had, I doubt our club would want your son as he doesn't have a long history of injuries (I hope) and isn't over the age of 33

Given that he's an Australian, I think signing Archie would be really great in attracting more Australians to the club. Apparently there's a lot of Australians in Melbourne so we can really extend our fanbase by getting him.

Silly "like" quota.

Actually he volunteers to help women about to be affected by domestic violence, but otherwise you're right, he's a stellar character and the kind of energy and potential he brings will lift the entire squad.

Let's stop being ridiculous, he is too old to be a player for us, and he should retire TBH.

However, as an ex professional player with a couple of friends at the club, he is automatically qualified to be our attacking coach and we should sign him immediately. Also, does he have a brother who we can appoint as our football director?

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Let's stop being ridiculous, he is too old to be a player for us, and he should retire TBH.

Tesla is it possible for any player to be too old for us? Maybe we could sign Pele as a marquee?

Would still score more than Williams.

• Like 1

He wishes he could play for City.. I would take him even if he was for free and no wages.. any club that takes him if he doesn't stay where he is.. would be stupid..

The Shirt Colours might change but Archie's heart will alway bleed Victoyless..

If the club sign him they will lose 1 foundation member me.