Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

2 hours ago, strider said:

Novillo has not been on any of the membership promotions. Neither has Mooy. 

I would think this is very understandable. In terms of Novillo, I don't think you go from being suspended by your club to being an advertisement for the club all in a matter of weeks. And in terms of Mooy, everyone would accuse the club of being misleading if we used him as a centrepiece of the marketing campaign knowing that there was a good chance that he would leave.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I would think this is very understandable. In terms of Novillo, I don't think you go from being suspended by your club to being an advertisement for the club all in a matter of weeks. And in terms of Mooy, everyone would accuse the club of being misleading if we used him as a centrepiece of the marketing campaign knowing that there was a good chance that he would leave.

Maybe the club is not using Mooy because he looks like the monk from The Da Vinci code.

Would rather use players that are more "photogenic"

Where is he going to go?

To a better league where he is a nobody?

To some bumpkin town like Newcastle?

To Victory and be a side-switching shitcunt?

To Sydney and be a second-rate visa player to some Eastern European superstar whose only in the A-League cause their country isn't in the EU?

You guys clearly don't know Novillo, he isn't going anywhere.

Edited by Tesla

4 hours ago, R410 said:

Maybe the club is not using Mooy because he looks like the monk from The Da Vinci code.

Would rather use players that are more "photogenic"

He looks like an alien (or at least the common representation of what an alien looks in the media). Been saying it since he shaved his head, surprised how few other people see it.

6 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Where is he going to go?

To a better league where he is a nobody?

To some bumpkin town like Newcastle?

To Victory and be a side-switching shitcunt?

To Sydney and be a second-rate visa player to some Eastern European superstar whose only in the A-League cause their country isn't in the EU?

You guys clearly don't know Novillo, he isn't going anywhere.

Presumably if he is leaving it would be a club decision. I can't see him wanting to move unless he hates the people involved with the club.

Just now, The Aardvark said:

Presumably if he is leaving it would be a club decision. I can't see him wanting to move unless he hates the people involved with the club.

It would make a lot more sense if it's a club decision.

I'll have to go find my previous posts and try claim some green lines if it is a club decision :up: 

6 minutes ago, Tesla said:

It would make a lot more sense if it's a club decision.

I'll have to go find my previous posts and try claim some green lines if it is a club decision :up: 

Still waiting for your character analysis of the playing list. Novillos so far is looking pretty accurate. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tesla said:

He looks like an alien (or at least the common representation of what an alien looks in the media). Been saying it since he shaved his head, surprised how few other people see it.

One can't help but focus on his football instead of his looks for some reason. If he becomes a shitcunt though I'm sure that reference to his alien like looks will start to come out more. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, carlings said:

He was shocking last week. But I agree in the fact when he's on,  the rest of the team seem to step up and get around him big time. 

I don't think he was shocking last week.

Got zero opportunities or space all game. Few moments of brilliance still - one of which almost resulted in a goal for Marino before he put the other away.

Many of his performances recently have been judged on the number of goals he's scored, or lack thereof. I'd like to know his shot/assist count and pass count prior to the domestic incident and after. Something tells me the whole incident changed his attitude towards his work ethic and the way he performs. Because it appears to me, especially his first two games back, he is working harder during games, scoring less and passing more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, n i k o said:

Many of his performances recently have been judged on the number of goals he's scored, or lack thereof. I'd like to know his shot/assist count and pass count prior to the domestic incident and after. Something tells me the whole incident changed his attitude towards his work ethic and the way he performs. Because it appears to me, especially his first two games back, he is working harder during games, scoring less and passing more.

Feel free to hide this post if you're now embarrassed by it. Tonight he was IMO an absolute disgrace to himself and the shirt. Had zero interest in anyone except himself. I hope the club has sufficient grounds for terminating his contract and we see the back of him. Maybe we can then fill the visa place with someone who plays for the team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Feel free to hide this post if you're now embarrassed by it. Tonight he was IMO an absolute disgrace to himself and the shirt. Had zero interest in anyone except himself. I hope the club has sufficient grounds for terminating his contract and we see the back of him. Maybe we can then fill the visa place with someone who plays for the team.

No chance I'll hide anything and I'm sure as shit not embarrassed by my comments. I stand by it because it applies to those games he played.

Tonight is a completely different scenario though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

Has been cited. Would miss the next match you would think. Not ideal.

I'd say his time with City is falling apart. Can't control himself either on or off the pitch. Plenty of visa players out there who don't behave like dickheads.

• Like 2

On 06/08/2015 at 8:58 AM, Tesla said:

His instagram confirms everything, he is an egotistical attention seeking glory hunter. Hence why every time the ball comes his way he feels the need to have a shot regardless of how unlikely he is too score or whether teammates are in better positions.

It's all symptomatic of being a talented player at a young age but not going on to fulfil his potential. 11 years at the biggest club in his country at the time, and probably one of the better young players there, playing for the French youth teams, his mind filled with ideas that he would be some Ronaldo-level superstar. But he never made it in the end.

Why do you think he came to play in the A-league when there are better leagues he can play in? because he craves that same dominant position he had as a young player, he wants to be a star here rather than just another player in some euro league, the 'big fish in a small pond'. But he won't be.

He will be cancerous to the team, and this will not end well. JVS doesn't have the man management ability to reign him in. Best that will happen is 25 games into the season JVS will grow enough balls to drop him to the bench, and then Novillio will throw a fit. But well before then his teammates will probably already hate him because he just doesn't fit into the Australian culture of teamwork.

brb, switching careers to psychology.

• Like 3

I've known alot of dickheads over the years and not all of them have been disruptive in the team sense. Some are the likeable rogues.

He didn't after all punch or kick any of his own team mates he went after Mauk. 

So without knowing exactly what's been going on behind the scenes being a moron shouldn't be the determining factor alone.

Just saying.

• Like 2

A lot of people are jumping off the bandwagon.......

I don't think people understand that we are so short for options up front, that is he is to be suspended, we would be fucked.

Even as someone who has been critical of him of late myself can see how valuable he is to the team.

26 minutes ago, loveart said:

Much ado about nothing. 

Very true. But what I think is important seems to be quite different what these review mob think are important. 

A stray kick that misses ( or wouldn't hurt a fly anyway) is the worst thing ever but a trip behind play is "nothing to see here". I could go on but suffice to say see my posts in the Australian football section after ODonvan was rubbed out.

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

A lot of people are jumping off the bandwagon.......

I don't think people understand that we are so short for options up front, that is he is to be suspended, we would be fucked.

Even as someone who has been critical of him of late myself can see how valuable he is to the team.

I am just sick of him, he is destructive to the side on so many levels, etc, etc.

4 5 1 we will be no worse off without him. With him there is high probability he will self destruct again and we will be a man down anyway and the whole team morale will be affected.

Over it.

Bench him and if he doesn't like it piss him off.

16 minutes ago, playmaker said:

I am just sick of him, he is destructive to the side on so many levels, etc, etc.

4 5 1 we will be no worse off without him. With him there is high probability he will self destruct again and we will be a man down anyway and the whole team morale will be affected.

Over it.

Bench him and if he doesn't like it piss him off.

He is due for a big game.

That Wellington away final. If he is available he must play.