Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

7 hours ago, playmaker said:

I am just sick of him, he is destructive to the side on so many levels, etc, etc.

4 5 1 we will be no worse off without him. With him there is high probability he will self destruct again and we will be a man down anyway and the whole team morale will be affected.

Over it.

Bench him and if he doesn't like it piss him off.

Have you watched the last two games where Fornaroli has been mobbed by defenders? Maybe we should fly Koren back in he might save us.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, playmaker said:

I am just sick of him, he is destructive to the side on so many levels, etc, etc.

4 5 1 we will be no worse off without him. With him there is high probability he will self destruct again and we will be a man down anyway and the whole team morale will be affected.

Over it.

Bench him and if he doesn't like it piss him off.

Koren was destructive to the team :tooth:

It's more of a knee than a kick IMO, and not much of one at that. Still dumb act that will be looked on poorly.

This one will depend on evidence. Harry was issued a yellow, so if the ref says it was for that then that's the end of the matter.

if the ref was giving him a yellow for just being in the melee, which IMO would be unfair to single him out from everyone and hence the reason i think it was for the kick, then he has a case to answer.

Ref's evidence becomes the key factor at play here.

IMO he'll get off on that basis.

Edited by bt50

4 hours ago, bt50 said:

It's more of a knee than a kick IMO, and not much of one at that. Still dumb act that will be looked on poorly.

This one will depend on evidence. Harry was issued a yellow, so if the ref says it was for that then that's the end of the matter.

if the ref was giving him a yellow for just being in the melee, which IMO would be unfair to single him out from everyone and hence the reason i think it was for the kick, then he has a case to answer.

Ref's evidence becomes the key factor at play here.

IMO he'll get off on that basis.

But wouldn't they have discussed this with the ref before issuing this notice?

19 hours ago, Tesla said:

brb, switching careers to psychology.

"...egotistical, attention seeking glory hunter." Mate, you're bragging about being vindicated on an internet forum. Is the irony lost on you?

Furthermore, let's look at your predictions in detail. 'Cancerous to the team'? Debatable. JVS lacking the man management to control him? He's had one previous indiscretion and he was punished, some would say quite severely. Best case scenario being JVS dropping him to the bench and Novillo cracking it? Novillo appeared to cop his suspension with the suitable contrition and while his conduct on Friday was poor (to say the least), I could see any number of hot headed stars of the A-League doing something similar. Teammates will probably already hate him because he doesn't fit the Australian style? I think that's extremely debatable and that there's actually much more evidence that his teammates love him. And while Kisnorbo and co. would probably be as disappointed in his actions as the rest of us, a 'flying the flag' indiscretion like that is hardly likely to cause any enmity between him and the rest of the team.

The biggie: '...this will not end well'? Remains to be seen, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

But wouldn't they have discussed this with the ref before issuing this notice?

He was cited for the incident (the kick), which means that in the MRPs opinion, he should have been issued with a red card but it escaped the referee's attention.

So the show cause is for him to show cause as to why an offence should not be found to have been committed. 

The offence, if any, will be category 1, and most likely assault on a player (equivalent of a red card and defined as violent conduct when not challenging for the ball) and is minimum two weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Harrison said:

He was cited for the incident (the kick), which means that in the MRPs opinion, he should have been issued with a red card but it escaped the referee's attention.

So the show cause is for him to show cause as to why an offence should not be found to have been committed. 

The offence, if any, will be category 1, and most likely assault on a player (equivalent of a red card and defined as violent conduct when not challenging for the ball) and is minimum two weeks. 

Bu wouldnt they have consulted with the ref though before requestingfor him to show cause?

Would a stupid exercise if the ref had  given him the yellow for that incident already or can the MRP overturn a yellow

I'm assuming that the MRP look at the ref's report and the match report. Novillo and Mauk got yellow cards for unsporting behaviour but I'm thinking that they were for being heavily involved in the melee. 

In any case though, the MRP does confirm with the referee that they missed the incident ('missed' meaning they did not see it, their view was blocked) and then when that particular decision is made it can't be contested.

The process and the punishments are farcical. Novillo will likely get two matches for an incident that was hot-headed and caused no physical harm and probably wouldn't have done even if he'd connected. Muscat got 8 matches for cynically wrecking Adran Zahra's football career.

I don't care which player it is or what club he plays for, but FFA needs to get its house in order on this.

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The process and the punishments are farcical. Novillo will likely get two matches for an incident that was hot-headed and caused no physical harm and probably wouldn't have done even if he'd connected. Muscat got 8 matches for cynically wrecking Adran Zahra's football career.

I don't care which player it is or what club he plays for, but FFA needs to get its house in order on this.

Yeah its crazy.  eg:

• Gersbach's 2 footed knee high lunge - nothing to see here move along;
  • Mauk's deliberate trip on Dekker (put him out for the season) 10m off the ball - nothing to see here, 
  • That Chilean's "stiff arm" on Mate (at least 6 weeks in the rough and tumble world of Rugby League), 1 mere week;

TBH Berisha's was nothing too, but i didn't mind because he was acting like a dickhead all because he got a tap on the back of his head, accidentally, that wouldn't have hurt a fly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Yeah its crazy.  eg:

• Gersbach's 2 footed knee high lunge - nothing to see here move along;
  • Mauk's deliberate trip on Dekker (put him out for the season) 10m off the ball - nothing to see here, 
  • That Chilean's "stiff arm" on Mate (at least 6 weeks in the rough and tumble world of Rugby League), 1 mere week;

TBH Berisha's was nothing too, but i didn't mind because he was acting like a dickhead all because he got a tap on the back of his head, accidentally, that wouldn't have hurt a fly.

Is there footage of that mauk trip?

42 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Is there footage of that mauk trip?

Mauk acted right on the 90 minute mark.  Put his foot across him deliberately tripping him when the ball was long gone and was with Mooy many metres away.  No accident.

FFA don't like stuff "that looks bad", me, I don't like stuff that IS bad.  Dangerous tackles, shit off the ball.  Argy bargy and hand bags at 10 paces, who cares?  Adds colour.

This is pretty poor footage, but all I could find:

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

The only silver lining is that Harry can surely use this as a precedent 

I doubt it tbh. The victory defence centred around medical attention.

Horrible call from the ffa. Basically gives a degree of leniency to any player wishing to have a crack when receiving treatment. 

Wouldnt be the first timw theyve subconsciously looked after one of their two 'big clubs' ...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I'm suprised at the comments above. He tried to strike a player, and outside the field of play for that matter. Automatic suspension seems adequate as does the time frame. 

I agree.

But my outrage is that Berisha has gotten off. That he was getting treatment should mean absolutely squat. In fact theres an argument that ye kicked out in cold blood, at least harrys was in the heat of a fight.

On balance two weeks is adequate for both, but Berisha getting a discount is beyond a joke.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I doubt it tbh. The victory defence centred around medical attention.

Horrible call from the ffa. Basically gives a degree of leniency to any player wishing to have a crack when receiving treatment. 

Wouldnt be the first timw theyve subconsciously looked after one of their two 'big clubs' ...

If he was concussed then he wouldn't be able to lash out and kick someone. Fucken disgraceful decision 

4 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Mauk acted right on the 90 minute mark.  Put his foot across him deliberately tripping him when the ball was long gone and was with Mooy many metres away.  No accident.

FFA don't like stuff "that looks bad", me, I don't like stuff that IS bad.  Dangerous tackles, shit off the ball.  Argy bargy and hand bags at 10 paces, who cares?  Adds colour.

This is pretty poor footage, but all I could find:

First time I've seen this, absolute scumback. Fuck Mauk.