Melbourne Football

New Signing

strider

French, ex-Lyon, 23 years old. Next week.

Stay tuned.

A 23 year old french dude from the city of Lyon (not the club). Can play football, in fact do so well at for Yarra Jets that they thought he could be a significant player in their reserves. Unfortunately he injured himself and was released. Edited by Shahanga

There is one more signing to be announced. Announcement being held back to make more impact, but this week.

Don't know any further details on who and when.

Source: sponsors were told at yesterday's match v. Western Sydney.

sounds like its a bit of a coup then Some one at my local club was talking about city signing a guy from Lyon or had played for Lyon. I thought he had it wrong as he didn't really know too much about it.

Maybe he was right

Just gonna leave this here.

• Like 1

Putting on my amateur sleuthing hat, if this rumour is actually true then I'm going to bet that the player in question is Harry Novillo. He played two games for Lyon in 2010 after coming up through their academy and had a short series of loans to other French teams plus Mons (in Belgium) before transferring to Clermont in the French 2nd tier last summer. He was released by them in the middle of January, so he's currently a free agent. He's 23, has French citizenship although he's an international for Martinique (all of one cap from last year, but there might be more) and he plays on the left wing, which would seem practical since Koren is having to move around to cover Duff's absence at the moment.

Here's his Wikipedia and Transfermarkt pages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Novillo

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harry-novillo/profil/spieler/118294

Edited by Falastur
  • Like 6

Putting on my amateur sleuthing hat, if this rumour is actually true then I'm going to bet that the player in question is Harry Novillo. He played two games for Lyon in 2010 after coming up through their academy and had a short series of loans to other French teams plus Mons (in Belgium) before transferring to Clermont in the French 2nd tier last summer. He was released by them in the middle of January, so he's currently a free agent. He's 23, has French citizenship although he's an international for Martinique (all of one cap from last year, but there might be more) and he plays on the left wing, which would seem practical since Koren is having to move around to cover Duff's absence at the moment.

Here's his Wikipedia and Transfermarkt pages:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Novillo

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harry-novillo/profil/spieler/118294

This sounds promising!! It would be good if is true!

He left Clermont Foot (France, Ligue 2) by mutual agreement on 13th January 2015. He then went to St. Etienne (Ligue 1) on trial, but appears to have quit that for this "unknown club."

Hasn't had an awful lot of football wherever he's been.

Agree. Without doing any additional research he seems very unproven despite showing some talent to be at Lyons academy when he was young.

Edited by n i k o

He left Clermont Foot (France, Ligue 2) by mutual agreement on 13th January 2015. He then went to St. Etienne (Ligue 1) on trial, but appears to have quit that for this "unknown club."

Hasn't had an awful lot of football wherever he's been.

Well, if it is him; he wouldn't come to Australia if was playing regular football at just 23 years old.

A few days ago I tweeted harry Novillo saying welcome to Melbourne city and just then he retweeted it for what its worth

Remember when that big Yankee ex-number one pick was retweeting melbourne tweets?

That was fun.

Oh yes.. It shows just how unreliable people retweeting can be :)

If it is him, he hasn't shown much yet in his career so we can only hope that this can be a good move for him to perform.

^^ Great skill and creativity there, but given he has not been able to cement a place anywhere, one has to wonder what his attitude and desire to perform are.

Maybe he just hasn't had the chances to do so, but if its him we will need to wait and see what he brings to us.