Melbourne Football

Round 18: Melbourne City vs Perth Glory | Sun 22 Feb 5pm

hakz7

We could get lucky and they suspend Andy Keogh and Josh Risdon for this game.

PERTH Glory striker Andy Keogh and teammate Josh Risdon will be disciplined by their club after being arrested for refusing to leave an Adelaide nightclub hours after Glory’s 1-1 draw on Sunday.

Keogh was initially fined by police outside the nightclub at 3am Monday for disorderly conduct, but then arrested when he refused to leave.

Risdon was also arrested for refusing to move on, and both will face Adelaide magistrates court next month.

At http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/perth-glorys-andy-keogh-and-josh-risdon-arrested-for-refusing-to-leave-a-adelaide-nightclub/story-e6frf4iu-1227221852973

Melb City $2.35 - Draw $2.45 - Perth $2.85.

Umm what?? They must think we have both Villa and Lampard playing for them to think we're favourites,

If you look at most A League games its pretty rare that the home team isn't favourite. Not saying I agree just what I've noticed.

My heart says no, but my head says yes!

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/asian-cup-covered-benches-bound-for-the-a-league/7hk4txitcxqs1wepgpjz5iys3

Benches in place against Perth.  Some seats to have views restricted 'slightly'.  Will be installed without roof or sides.  Club will move any supporters to new seats free of charge if a reserved seat member is not happy with their view.

Why should we change Mooy's role? He's been our best player all season playing in the middle. Don't fix what aint broke.

Well the team is broke and it needs fixing. Either we bring in other players or look for solutions within the present squad. There is no point in Aaron being star player every week if we fail to win.

Now some will say we should drop Koren and go with a midfield three of Paartalu, Melling and Mooy. I would be prepared to give that a go, but unless we do something about the front three I can't see us winning. 

My idea about trying Mooy from the left is to see if he can give us more in the final third than we have at present. Maybe playing Koren deeper will give him the impetus to get more involved and allow us to control the game and attack more. 

The only other solution I can think of is if we play a 4-1-3-2 like this:

Velaphi

Safuwan            Chapman          Kisnorbo           Clisby

Paartalu

Melling               Koren               Mooy

Williams         Kennedy

With that system we would need to have Safuwan and Clisby getting forward to create width.

Unfortunately, JVS always goes with 4-3-3 and I don't think Koren can play wide left. Also since he isn't interested in playing either Dekker or Espindola, that means we are left with Ramsay.

As I said I do believe we need solutions to get a winning formula.

4-1-3-2 formation would be good, although running the risk of not using Kennedy to his full potential like not getting as many crosses in from the wingers.

I reckon we'll get something out of this one, Keogh & Risdon won't play and it's the Indigenous Recognition match so Willo will fire up

Both players have been let off with a fine and are free to play this weekend. Was just on twatter. I'll see if i can find the post

EDIT: http://www.perthglory.com.au/article/perth-glory-completes-investigation-into-adelaide-incident/bitxvddz3yi51il2tr3gfc75y

Edited by kingofhearts

I reckon we'll get something out of this one, Keogh & Risdon won't play and it's the Indigenous Recognition match so Willo will fire up

Both players have been let off with a fine and are free to play this weekend. Was just on twatter. I'll see if i can find the post

EDIT: http://www.perthglory.com.au/article/perth-glory-completes-investigation-into-adelaide-incident/bitxvddz3yi51il2tr3gfc75y

no point losing your best player tbh, altho it just send out message its ok to get drunk & act a prick in public cos you can get away with it :rolleyes:

EDIT: http://www.perthglory.com.au/article/perth-glory-completes-investigation-into-adelaide-incident/bitxvddz3yi51il2tr3gfc75y

Yeah just saw it on the teevs. We are officially fucked haha

EDIT: http://www.perthglory.com.au/article/perth-glory-completes-investigation-into-adelaide-incident/bitxvddz3yi51il2tr3gfc75y

Yeah just saw it on the teevs. We are officially fucked haha

With some luck if we're down by a lot at half time everyone will leave at half time and there will be no lines for beers lol

Perth may have let Risdon off and fined Keogh but both still have to go through the legal system.

However you look at it it can't be good preparation for an away trip. A ruthless opponent would smell blood and go for the jugular.

Yeah, you're clearly talking about a ruthless opposition not a toothless opposition.

• Like 1

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/asian-cup-covered-benches-bound-for-the-a-league/7hk4txitcxqs1wepgpjz5iys3

Benches in place against Perth. Some seats to have views restricted 'slightly'. Will be installed without roof or sides. Club will move any supporters to new seats free of charge if a reserved seat member is not happy with their view.

No roof is odd. It's one of the main reasons for having these benches installed. The seats will be better though, but still not ideal.

CCM had them installed tonight for the game with the roof installed. If the FFA are going for a consistent look, wouldn't it be wiser to have them all covered?

Oh well.. It's a start :)

Benches in place against Perth.  Some seats to have views restricted 'slightly'.  Will be installed without roof or sides.  Club will move any supporters to new seats free of charge if a reserved seat member is not happy with their view.

Without the roof, I doubt they'll impede the view much.

Not any worse than that glass that runs from First Touch area and across the seats in front of the visitors bench

Not any worse than that glass that runs from First Touch area and across the seats in front of the visitors bench

Well, it depends whether you're impacted doesn't it? I've put $5000 into two Premium A memberships over the five seasons, and I wouldn't be taking kindly to having a restricted view or changing seats if either happens. There are no spare Premium A seats in that particular bay or on the western wing at all - I know because I enquired only a couple of weeks ago. MrsJW can't take the sun so moving to the eastern side is out of the question.

I rang the club yesterday about this. As it happens it looks as though our row will not be affected, and I was advised that those members who will be affected will be contacted by City.

I don't often use expletives, but it's about fucking time FFA started to consider the fans who make this game rather than making ad hoc decisions from its comfortable offices in Sydney.

• Like 1

Benches in place against Perth. Some seats to have views restricted 'slightly'. Will be installed without roof or sides. Club will move any supporters to new seats free of charge if a reserved seat member is not happy with their view.

Well, it depends whether you're impacted doesn't it? I've put $5000 into two Premium A memberships over the five seasons, and I wouldn't be taking kindly to having a restricted view or changing seats if either happens. There are no spare Premium A seats in that particular bay or on the western wing at all - I know because I enquired only a couple of weeks ago. MrsJW can't take the sun so moving to the eastern side is out of the question.

I rang the club yesterday about this. As it happens it looks as though our row will not be affected, and I was advised that those members who will be affected will be contacted by City.

I don't often use expletives, but it's about fucking time FFA started to consider the fans who make this game rather than making ad hoc decisions from its comfortable offices in Sydney. Talk about fucking first world problems. Pull your head in mr. jw.

• Like 1

I don't often use expletives, but it's about fucking time FFA started to consider the fans who make this game rather than making ad hoc decisions from its comfortable offices in Sydney.

Yep, obviously it depends on whether or not the seats block your view.

But without the roof, I can't see it causing too many issues. I could be wrong.

I had to move bays because the glass pissed me off.

With these new 'dug-out' style benches, the best thing to do would be to actually put them in dug-outs at AAMI, so they can have the roof on and they won't mess with anyones view

Not any worse than that glass that runs from First Touch area and across the seats in front of the visitors bench Well, it depends whether you're impacted doesn't it? I've put $5000 into two Premium A memberships over the five seasons, and I wouldn't be taking kindly to having a restricted view or changing seats if either happens. There are no spare Premium A seats in that particular bay or on the western wing at all - I know because I enquired only a couple of weeks ago. MrsJW can't take the sun so moving to the eastern side is out of the question.

I don't often use expletives, but it's about fucking time FFA started to consider the fans who make this game rather than making ad hoc decisions from its comfortable offices in Sydney. Talk about fucking first world problems. Pull your head in mr. jw.

Morphine, I'm really pleased to see that you have a sound appreciation of the issues involved here.

• Like 1