Melbourne Football

That F word.

Jovan

Don't think we should talk about "finals" at all. Better to focus on each game as it comes. Field the best match-day squad for the game and set the right game-plan considering who our opponents are and when and where the game is, and focus on getting the best result possible in that game.

West Sydney are too far behind to make it

Newcastle are rubbish and need a massive overhaul to make it

CCM aren't much better than Newcastle and need an overhaul / things to really go their way

That for me leaves us in with a good shout, particularly with how Sydney are sliding down the ladder. They need some bloody good replacements for their injured players to stay in it.

That said the club has been so inconsistent and frustrating in the past I think it's a bit early yet

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

This reminds me of that scene in Gladiator when Marcus Aurelius is speaking with Maximus...."There was once a dream that was Finals. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile. And I fear it that it will not survive the summer.

• Like 1

This reminds me of that scene in Gladiator when Marcus Aurelius is speaking with Maximus...."There was once a dream that was Finals. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile. And I fear it that it will not survive the summer.

"At my signal, unleash Ramsay"

• Like 1

I think it will go:

tards

glory

city

phoenix

sydney

united

roar

wsw

mariners

jets

On current form, I could see the nix grabbing a top two finish. I think victory will start slipping soon.

Glory look the goods. Ao for me, from 4th down are up for grabs. Maybe even third

Adelaide won't fall that far, their squad is too good to dip below the top 4 imo

Glory are likely to get the Melbourne Storm treatment from David Gallop if the salary cap rort allegations are true and then will play no part in the finals

My understanding of the Glory situation is that they haven't done anything wrong. Merely that they would have gone over the cap if they had not moved players into Marquee status.

I don't see much difference between electing two players at the start of the season or mid way through.

Glory are likely to get the Melbourne Storm treatment from David Gallop if the salary cap rort allegations are true and then will play no part in the finals

My understanding of the Glory situation is that they haven't done anything wrong. Merely that they would have gone over the cap if they had not moved players into Marquee status.

I don't see much difference between electing two players at the start of the season or mid way through.

I think that they moved them after the breach was discovered. There's also the matter of unreported payments

• Like 1

I think that they moved them after the breach was discovered. There's also the matter of unreported payments

Didn't know about the unreported payments. If true they do need to be punished in some way.

As for the cap, I don't believe they did breach it rather that by season's end they would have if not moved outside. From my understanding the wages need to be actually paid or deemed to be paid to be counted towards cap not the wages that will be paid. Thus with under half the season wages paid at the time it is unlikely that they went over.

There's also the matter that marquee players, that is players paid wholly or in part outside the cap, have to be approved by FFA. It's not just a matter of finding that you are going to breach the cap and unilaterally choosing any old player to be a "marquee."