Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Hopefully not

I'm not against it if we can sign that player in January and his 14 games will take him all the way to a Grand Final. Only if he was definitely going to improve our starting XI.

I haven't looked at if the fixture so don't know if that example is feasible.

If we sign Pirlo on a guest stint we should tell JVS it's time to take his annual leave and just let Pirlo run everything for 14 weeks. Easy title.

But then we get to miss out on JVS press conferences pretending he knows what role and position will suit Pirlo best. Garunteed it won't be the right one. 

Does a guest player have to come in at the start of the season or can it be at any time? If the latter I would rather see how the season is going and then get an appropriate player.

Any time approved by FFA (i.e. at a time that suits Victory or Sydney or both).

• Like 4

I believe that for a player to be eligible to play finals, they have to play at least 5 regular H&A matches prior to the Finals Series so if we can get someone from Round 17 (inclusive), they can play 11 H&A matches and three finals (considering they'll help us make the GF).

Rd17 we play WSW on Friday 29th at Pirtek Stadium.

Start speculating 

Which returning Australian central defender has been invited to trial with @MelbourneCity this coming week. Listen to Stelths Scoops !

Mrcela, Herd, and others around the Socceroos level surely wouldn't trial. Not too mention can't see Mrcela or Herd coming to the A-League. Pretty sure Mrcela is moving forwards not backwards any way.

Wilkinson, maybe because he is old, but still don't see why he would need to trial.

Curtis Good probably the best player that you can see trialling, but I reckon he could get a decent Euro contract so don't see him coming to the A-League.

But i'm pretty confident it's no one as good as those guys, it's most likely either some young player that was on the books of a European team and now wants to get game time (Cameron Burgess? Giancarlo Gallifuoco?) or someone that went to Asia and they don't want to pay them the big $$$ any more (can't think of any CBs off the top of my head?

If I had to take a guess, Giancarlo Gallifuoco.

Edited by Tesla

Don't understand, surely the scouting network would help us to Identify obscure teenagers from Bunbury returning from Burnley? It's just a trial anyways. At least we are getting a look in at these guys coming back to Aus before other aleague clubs.

Only so much our scouts can be used for when 75% of our squad have to be australian.

speaking of obscure australians from England what happened to that Tom King guy we signed to the youth team?

Don't understand, surely the scouting network would help us to Identify obscure teenagers from Bunbury returning from Burnley? It's just a trial anyways. At least we are getting a look in at these guys coming back to Aus before other aleague clubs.

Only so much our scouts can be used for when 75% of our squad have to be australian.

speaking of obscure australians from England what happened to that Tom King guy we signed to the youth team?

He played a few times for the NYL side, but I haven't seen his name in any of the NPL reports. Suspect he's gone.

Seeing several Danish news sites in the last day again saying that Sorenson is Bundoora-bound.

http://www.bold.dk/nyt/bt-thomas-soerensen-skifter-til-melbourne

BT: Thomas Sorensen switches to Melbourne

BT: Thomas Sorensen switches to Melbourne
Foto: Getty Images
A-LEAGUE19.08.2015 14:44

According to BT, the former national team goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen in the next two years playing for Melbourne City. 

Info Box

Melbourne Heart - Wellington Phoenix
FFA Cup (26/08)
Typical2,103,403,00
bet3652,103,403,10
Thomas Sorensen stopped after last season to Stoke City, and now the former Danish goalkeeper allegedly agreed with Melbourne City on a contract. It learns BT. BT writes that the contract will be announced within a few weeks, and it is about a two-year agreement. Melbourne City is owned by English Manchester City and changed its name from Melbourne Heart after the acquisition. The club plays its home games at AAMI Park, where there may be up to 30,000 spectators.

http://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/generelle/thomas-soerensen-taet-paa-offentliggoere-melbourne-skiftet

Text: Torsten Kjems Hansen

Already earlier this summer were the cards that the former Danish international goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen takes a stint in Australian football, and now has moved to Melbourne reportedly close to becoming a reality.

Already at the beginning of July, it emerged that the former Danish national team goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen, who in virtually all his career has played in English club football, would continue his career in football in Australia with Melbourne City now club.

At that time, Sorensen, who was 39 years old, in the midst of its nearly 6,000-kilometer bike ride across the United States, where he has collected for charity for sick Danish children and wanted in no way to comment on the story and keep the full focus on his charitable goal - even though the agreement virtually at the time should have been in place with the Australian club.

Now Thomas Sorensen's bike ride successfully accomplished, which is also the reason why the story again emerged to the surface. This time it is BT, which announces that Thomas Sorensen is close to make the change a reality.

Sorry about the formatting... I have no idea what I'm doing.

Very interesting that the first one is reporting a 2-year deal though.

Forgive my ignorance. What is BT? 

***Warning warning the sky is falling in as ex epl keeper might be signing***

Another day on the Melbourne City forums.

We're locking in a 39 year old Visa player who is a goalkeeper for 2 years, of course it's concerning

Edited by Nate

• jw1739 pinned this topic