Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

is Edwards currently clubless? That makes it look pretty likely we're after him... Same route (via MCFC)  as a few others have taken to come here ( Bruno, Koren,Sorenson, maybe Hughes?)

Yes, he is. I noted him the other day trawling through transfermarkt.co.uk. He was released by Reading at the end of last season. I agree that it looks as though we might be signing him.

It looks as though players are going to Manchester for a few days and given the once over there before joining us. Much like you get the Head Office check and welcome before heading out to the mining site or whatever.

• Like 1

would take in a heartbeat, he's a really good footballer that we could probably get on low-ish coin. 

Plus we could really do with someone who can play on the right

Yes, he is. I noted him the other day trawling through transfermarkt.co.uk. He was released by Reading at the end of last season. I agree that it looks as though we might be signing him.

It looks as though players are going to Manchester for a few days and given the once over there before joining us. Much like you get the Head Office check and welcome before heading out to the mining site or whatever.

probably the best analogy I've ever seen on this forum, our club pretty much is a mining site

Good interview here with JvS: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/video/media---john-van-t-schip-1-9-15/1327524

I've put it in this thread because he specifically refers to the need to improve our goalkeeping stocks on last season and competition between Tando and Sorensen, and the reason for the departure of Germano. He suggests that we still have room for one more young player.

Worth a listen.

And we have no visa spots left.

surely he's applying for Australian citizenship?

on a more serious note it's hard to imagine a less suitable marquee. A high striker who sooks when things don't go his way. Well welcome to the a league when guys only think about passing once they've had the ball for 10minutes. Would get no service and then we would have to put up with a series of ridiculous posts from the unenlightened about how he is "shit" etc etc. 

• Like 1

Probably an NPL bloke. They seem to be training together in these pictures.

Back on Ryan Edwards, seem the club follow him on twitter. Mind you they follow 7088 other people so might mean nothing. But since he trained in Manchester as well it's another clue we might sign him.

2hefqxy.jpg

Edited by bellydrum

Who cares

um cos he's sexy...

So his dad Alistair (who has Scottish parents) played a few years in Malaysia so looking at Ryan's darker complexion and the fact that his brother Cameron is currently playing in Malaysia my guess is that he's half Malaysian, half Aussie/Scottish ;)

Weird mix but would cuddle 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could we use him again to replace another player (not Brown) once the 3 months is up? Knowing our injury form, we'd always have someone who he can replace.

Approval has to be given by FFA, but in principle the answer is "yes."

We also used the "International Replacement Player" rule last season  (IIRC no-one had heard of it before) so I'd say Richardson could be with us for the whole season. Depending on performance IMO we'll see him in the official squad next season.

How can Callum Richardson, a defender be an injury replacement for James Brown, a forward?

because he has an Australian passport. That's my understanding of like for like, it has nothing to do with positions but is "like for like" in visa categories. I think the other rule is he can't be paid more than the injured player.

because he has an Australian passport. That's my understanding of like for like, it has nothing to do with positions but is "like for like" in visa categories. I think the other rule is he can't be paid more than the injured player.

I dont think it even applies to Visa categories. Look at Sydney last season. They got Faty and Tavares as replacements so the visa spots were Abbas, Faty, Dimitreivich, Tavares, Janko, Petkovic for the season. 

Oh hang on. Its Sydney, sorry Lowy. They followed the rules

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic