Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

The good news, reading between the lines, is that Colosimo is backing Mclaren in his bid to leave Perf and hopefully at the same time stitching a deal between the lad and his old club Heart. Come on Shime, do it for your old club maaaaaate ;)

Reading between the lines? It clearly states that he is, and even if it wasn't stated obviously Colosimo is backing him because it's his job to do so.

Is that better ? B)

Edited by HEARTinator

Anyone seen the reports about Tim Cahill on his way out of Shanghai??

http://www.mfootball.com.au/cahill-facing-shanghai-exit/

A man can dream can't he? Surely better than Kennedy.

After their experiences with Koren and Kennedy I doubt that even if one of them left CFG would not be rushing in to sign another "older" marquee player.

I would take Cahill simply from a marketing and bums on seats point of view.

and that would help us win games/silverware how exactly? 

wouldnt have a problem what so ever with Cahill.  

given our troubles with Kennedy it would need to be a one year deal, but given his role at the last Asian Cup i'd say he should still have it in him with the right service.

given the space ADP could still find deep playing an hour so at 38, i'd think Cahill could still run out a game easy

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

given our troubles with Kennedy it would need to be a one year deal, but given his role at the last Asian Cup i'd say he should still have it in him with the right service.

given the space ADP could still find deep playing an hour so at 38, i'd think Cahill could still run out a game easy

i wouldn't either, would have him in a heartbeat. 

I just don't understand the whole have player x due to the marketability/crowd drawing angle.

• Like 1

i wouldn't either, would have him in a heartbeat. 

I just don't understand the whole have player x due to the marketability/crowd drawing angle.

given how we've screwed ourselves over in the past in terms of putting media attention / attendance first (ie Kewell, Villa) over team and performance needs i certainly take your point. 

all charlib and others are getting at is we compete in a very tight sports market. CFG have to consider marketability as a significant part of building the club

As far as I'm concerned, the best way to build a club's marketability is through success. 

Berisha was never signed by the tards because he was a big name; more so he's a proven scorer. 

That said, a guy like ADP can do wonders in both respects.

You just have to do your due diligence

• Like 1

Seems to have been handy in Mexico, which is a substantially better league than the A-League, a substantially better league than any in Asia in fact.

So there is reason to believe he could do well.

Edited by Tesla

Gamiero soon to sign, Maclaren following.

Koren and Germano going.

one down ;)

Good work Nostradamus!

Shame the Corey Gameiro thread was made 9 days before you posted your "prediction". :droy:

Haha fair play. But in all seriousness i never "predicted", i already knew it. 3 to go 

Gamiero soon to sign, Maclaren following.

Koren and Germano going.

one down ;)

Good work Nostradamus!

Shame the Corey Gameiro thread was made 9 days before you posted your "prediction". :droy:

Haha fair play. But in all seriousness i never "predicted", i already knew it. 3 to go 

Before I get too excited how sure are you that koren is leaving?

do we have a replacement marquee lined up?

if we don't there won't be any difference on the field 👌

except allowing another player with the potential of being a little more than just a witch's hat have a run around

We have two that will start most likely every game Mooy and Eric, the other spot can be given to either Koren, Melling, Mauk or Retre. 

Dont forget last season we had weak players plus injuries running our wings eg. Mate, Brown and Willo, So Koren helped in those positions. 

I know what you mean tho but Koren is the problem, we just have to suck it up for another season. (It's been 6 what's another) Anyway if two go down, I don't mind having Melling and Mauk ready to come straight in. 

Plus we have three Visa spots to fill, we know ones a defender and ones an attacking player, who knows one could be a midfielder.

We have two that will start most likely every game Mooy and Eric, the other spot can be given to either Koren, Melling, Mauk or Retre. 

Dont forget last season we had weak players plus injuries running our wings eg. Mate, Brown and Willo, So Koren helped in those positions. 

I know what you mean tho but Koren is the problem, we just have to suck it up for another season. (It's been 6 what's another) Anyway if two go down, I don't mind having Melling and Mauk ready to come straight in. 

Plus we have three Visa spots to fill, we know ones a defender and ones an attacking player, who knows one could be a midfielder.

Probably one will be a keeper. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic