Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

The word on the Manchester forums was that Guidetti and Delia fell out on the contract negotiations and Guidetti was basically benched since then..and hardly motivated to give his best for Celtic either I take it.

He´s a bit of a character Guidetti ;)

That is all bullshit!!

He started off on great form. Had a dip that coincided with Leigh Griffiths picking up and cementing his place. From then John played sparingly.

My first team is Celtic and I watch all their games online through Celtic TV, so have seen Guidetti quite a lot.

I believe he would be better served staying at Celtic.

You are quite right Shahanga, he would in no way consider a move to Australia. His ego wouldn't allow him to.

What Guidetti says is as follows.. "After telling Delia that I intended to leave Celtic he told me straight away that I would just play sparingly from now on, that Celtic couldn´t afford to have him score goals that would increase his value instead of their contracted players. It was a bit sad but I understood why he did it."

As for him having ego and ambition.. Think Ibra and you got it :P

The manager has nothing to do with contracts at Celtic. Peter Lawell the Chief Executive does.

I heard that comment as well and it is bullshit. He was just making excuses for being left out of the team.

The fact is after the first 15 games he performed poorly.

I think the Celtic policy on transfers are well known as It´s vital for the clubs financial health..

4%2BCeltic%2BAdj%2BProfit%2B2014.jpg

Wouldn't mind if Mooy is put on as the Aussie marquee if money is the only issue about him departing or staying (I would doubt it as if he gets a chance to play say for Man City for the same salary I reckon he would go). Franjic, maybe. However I can't understand the love for Nathan Burns - he had a solid period for WP during the season but after the Asia Cup he went missing and for the NT he has been pedestrian, so for him to claim that he is worthy of a marquee spot I just cannot see it. Ditto Juric, a very ordinary player that has had some great games - a bit like Koren for us last season, one great game against the Jets and that is it.

If there are no players worthy of marquee status, then don't pay an ordinary player the salary - we will just simply inflate our player payments for no return.

• Like 1

Mooy is inside the cap for next season, and probably for less money than he's worth, or at least less money than the player he's developed into since last season.

So IMO the best accounting would be to sign a useful Australian player worth more than Mooy, maybe like Troisi or Kruse (Burns would be an outstanding signing IMO. Hopefully the few media reports about him being somewhat keen to leave Wellington, with money being a factor, are true).

• Like 1

Mooy is inside the cap for next season, and probably for less money than he's worth, or at least less money than the player he's developed into since last season.

Cannot the contract of Mooy be varied/extended? if so why not do it and then get a GOOD striker under the cap.

Well, with training starting tomorrow I'd say that there's plenty of work to do before we have a competitive squad for next season. Going by official announcements so far we have:

- no signed goalkeepers;

- a defence probably without a first-choice left-back and another centre-back, and with deadwood there in the shape of Hoffman;

- in midfield questions over Garuccio and Melling (injury status), Germano and Murdocca (contract status);

- not much up front with Williams (deadwood), Brown (injury status?), and Gameiro (still recovering from an ACL injury).

IMO quite a few important holes to fill.

• Like 2

demba ba off to cahill's asian club, could he be getting moved on?

- looks like the club already has the maximum 5 visa players allowed and have gone and signed ba and momo sissoko so there will have to be some movement in the squad you'd think
also only 4 visa players can be on the pitch at once

Edited by Thrillhouse
  • Like 2

Cannot the contract of Mooy be varied/extended? if so why not do it and then get a GOOD striker under the cap.

I'm assuming Mooy's contract finishes up at the end of this season. If I was him, I'd be paying out this contract, trying to build on the form of last season and then looking at what's on offer in terms of the better leagues in Europe.

It's reasonable to expect Aussies like Paartalu, or possibly Chapman/Melling sticking around with this club for the long-term. But the only way I see a player like Mooy still being here in a year or two is if he suffers a serious form drop. In terms of standard, supporting Melbourne City is like supporting a Sheffield Shield team: any youngish player that is that good is ultimately going to move on to bigger and better things. And probably sooner, rather than later.

Melbourne City play Man City in less than 3 weeks, and right now we don't have a goalkeeper. And the team's attack is pretty young and shaky as well.

If we played tomorrow, we'd have to field:

Yaren Sozer (The NPL goalkeeper, I think)

Franjic    Kisnorbo  Chapman  Clisby.

Paartalu

Mooy   Koren

Kuzmanovski     Williams         Marino

Bench

Hoffman.

Mauk.

Retre

So the club better get going with some announcements, because this team would struggle to hold its own with no senior keeper and and iffy forward line.

Melbourne City play Man City in less than 3 weeks, and right now we don't have a goalkeeper. And the team's attack is pretty young and shaky as well.

Paartalu

Mooy   Koren

Bench

Hoffman.

Mauk.

Retre

So the club better get going with some announcements, because this team would struggle to hold its own with no senior keeper and and iffy forward line.

We need to sign a GK, a LB, a CB, a RW, a ST, announce the re-signing of Novillo, Velaphi and (hopefully but unlikely) Germano.

Paartalu

Mooy   Koren

Bench

Hoffman.

Mauk.

Retre

Yikes...

George Lambadaridis the midfielder from Brisbane Roar is starting his trial with us tomorrow. 

That'd be right. Hasn't he just missed a whole season or more with a knee injury? F8ck me, don't we ever learn?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/brisbane-roar-midfielder-george-lambadaridis-says-injury-setback-will-make-him-a-better-play/story-fnii0fy2-1227055682457

Somebody please tell JD and JvS that "ACL" means "anterior cruciate ligament" as well as "Asian Champions League."

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

George Lambadaridis the midfielder from Brisbane Roar is starting his trial with us tomorrow. 

That'd be right. Hasn't he just missed a whole season or more with a knee injury? F8ck me, don't we ever learn?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/brisbane-roar-midfielder-george-lambadaridis-says-injury-setback-will-make-him-a-better-play/story-fnii0fy2-1227055682457

Somebody please tell JD and JvS that "ACL" means "anterior cruciate ligament" as well as "Asian Champions League."

need to test out our state of the art rehab facilities tho 😳

Looked promising in the few games he played for them before the injury. Didnt realise he was 23 already though. Thought he was closer to 20. Nothing wrong with having a look at the guy though. At least we are trialling these guys these days rather than just signing them up and hoping for the best.

Murf why wouldn't Gameiro start?

anyway I generally agree with you, though I would play anyone ahead of that lazy mother Koren.

We have no goal keeper and only 2 centre backs. This has the ring of last season when blind Freddie could see we needed a left back but didn't sign one.

Perhaps Hoffman will be our 'keeper & will double as our 3rd choice centre back?

I'm pretty certain Gameiro, along with Melling, Garuccio and Brown, are still injured or are still recovering, and are all unlikely for the Man City match (and it would be a needless risk to play them in this pre-season friendly).

My disappointment with Koren is on record, but still if the club is stuck with him you'd have to hope a player with his playing history can get some form going into next season, and maybe if he gets a perfect run-in to next season (is fully fit, and plays a full pre-season) that he could add some value next season. That, or Mauk and Retre can show him up when they replace him off the bench, and especially by the time Melling is fit Koren won't start next season (which would be a pretty unfortunate scenario, having a team with an international marquee who starts on the bench, but going off merit that situation could arise next season).

Lambadaridis is an interesting player. He is pretty highly regarded by those who have seen him up close, and a number of Brisbane Roar supporters seemed disgruntled when he left. He's a Melbourne boy and he's not old, so perhaps if he was signed on low/minimum pay (which would likely be the case due to his injures), then he might be a decent signing. Or look at it this way: he could quite conceivably be better depth than the likes of Murdocca or Kalmar, last season's midfield depth.

Anyway it's just a trial, and IMO the club should be trialing heaps of players, because every now and again some quality signings can emerge. So the club will have a long look at Lambadaridis, and only after a couple of weeks decide whether he's good enough to take up one of the final squad spots (unlikely to start, and on low/minimum pay) or not. 

• Like 2

• jw1739 pinned this topic