Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

NFW to Jaliens

This.

Better off signing me. I don't take up a visa spot. Or me

I'm 51 and haven't played a competitive match for close on 30 years, since the days of Ringwood Wilhelmina Nah, we can't sign you yet, you don't have an injury hahaha

Believe me a jog to the corner flag will result in a muscle strain

Jog to the flag and you have a 4 year deal then

• Like 1

From what I've seen of Jaliens this year the guy would be (at best) 6th choice centre back behind Chapman, Kisnorbo, Safuwan, Robbie and Archibald.  

I figure Japie or I could easily fill the duties of the (at best) 6th choice centre back to a similar standard and on top of that we could also appear to be slow, unco and out of position at most times in the unlikely event that we are called on to play.  It may take special effort to also appear not to give "a rat's", but I reckon I could manage if the cash was on the table.

if we do sign Jaliens I assume it will coincide with releasing Mooy on a free and re-signing Germano for 6 years.

• Like 2

From what I've seen of Jaliens this year the guy would be (at best) 6th choice centre back behind Chapman, Kisnorbo, Safuwan, Robbie and Archibald.  

I figure Japie or I could easily fill the duties of the (at best) 6th choice centre back to a similar standard and on top of that we could also appear to be slow, unco and out of position at most times in the unlikely event that we are called on to play.  It may take special effort to also appear not to give "a rat's", but I reckon I could manage if the cash was on the table.

if we do sign Jaliens I assume it will coincide with releasing Mooy on a free and re-signing Germano for 6 years.

Japie we do expect you to be competitive in the race to the treatment table

I do wish that you wouldn't give our Football Department ideas that they might just be foolish enough to implement.

• Like 2

I think the best recruits for us this season has been Melling and Chapman (and Mooy). Goes to show you something in regards to recruiting.

The big named over 30 types are a risk.

Find me more of these types and guys who want to give their all and fight for the shirt.

JD needs to be shown the door. There's no reason he is maintained.

I think the best recruits for us this season has been Melling and Chapman (and Mooy). Goes to show you something in regards to recruiting.

Find me more of these types and guys who want to give their all and fight for the shirt.

Agree, we don't need to touch anyone over 32, for any reason. I don't care how big their name is, I want players who will give you years of solid service.

I would ask anyone who challenges this opinion to name our three most valuable players this season.

Edited by marn11

Agree, we don't need to touch anyone over 32, for any reason. I don't care how big their name is, I want players who will give you years of solid service.

I would ask anyone who challenges this opinion to name our three most valuable players this season.

Absolutely, Have a look at the top 4 teams, in my opinion of their top 3 players, between all 4 clubs there's one player of the 12 over 30, Carrusca who's 31.

As nice as it is having Duff, Kennedy & Koren... I think big name 32+ players need to be a thing of the past if you want success. Of course there are are players who'd be exceptions. Mr Lampard. :(

Aus marquee is a tough one though, not too many quality Australians 26-30 wanting to play here, marquee wages or not.

CFG group aren't stupid though, surely they're on to this.

Absolutely, Have a look at the top 4 teams, in my opinion of their top 3 players, between all 4 clubs there's one player of the 12 over 30, Carrusca who's 31.

As nice as it is having Duff, Kennedy & Koren... I think big name 32+ players need to be a thing of the past if you want success. Of course there are are players who'd be exceptions. Mr Lampard. :(

Aus marquee is a tough one though, not too many quality Australians 26-30 wanting to play here, marquee wages or not.

Mooy Aus marquee next year ? or will he be keen to head overseas 

I would ask anyone who challenges this opinion to name our three most valuable players this season. Absolutely, Have a look at the top 4 teams, in my opinion of their top 3 players, between all 4 clubs there's one player of the 12 over 30, Carrusca who's 31.

Mooy Aus marquee next year ? or will he be keen to head overseas

Yeah I pondered that after I posted. For the clubs sake I'd be totally behind that.

His sake, no. Haha. If he's hungry he'd be hurting on missing the Asian cup and itching thinking about making Russia, furthering his game elsewhere to do so.

Kennedy is signed as Australian marquee for next season, and Koren as foreign marquee. That cannot be changed unless you bring both inside the cap, which would stuff the cap completely, and the only way of preventing the latter would be that both contracts would have to be significantly re-negotiated - so much so that neither player would agree to that.

Sorry, we're stuck with both of these marquee players for next season.

What needs to happen is better creativity in bringing in the right players under the cap .

When you look at our squad, Duff, William, Paartalu and Mooy are probably taking up quite a bit of the salary cap. Now Duff has already said he won't stay beyond this season, and if we can move Williams on then we can have quite a bit of money to be able to bring in players that will strengthen our squad.

I would be pushing the FFA to allow an extra Marquee player and maybe push the salary cap up by between 10% & 15%

What needs to happen is better creativity in bringing in the right players under the cap .

When you look at our squad, Duff, William, Paartalu and Mooy are probably taking up quite a bit of the salary cap. Now Duff has already said he won't stay beyond this season, and if we can move Williams on then we can have quite a bit of money to be able to bring in players that will strengthen our squad.

I would be pushing the FFA to allow an extra Marquee player and maybe push the salary cap up by between 10% & 15%

There should not be an Australian marquee.  Other than Cahill, there is no such thing.

It's not hard to scout some good talent in Europe and South America and bring in the right talent. Guys who will take winning as everything not just have their last playing days here.

In January Newcastle United let 5 guys go out on loan to Rangers. The owner has interest in both clubs.

All 5 of these guys are on death row at Newcastle United. Will be looking for new clubs in the summer.

One of the guys is Haris Vuckic. He came to Newcastle as a wonder kid signing and just hasn't come on. He is extremely talented and no doubt will have offers from more minor leagues but he's someone we should target. Won't be on big coin and is young, talented and with the Manchester City connection could get these types to the club.

It's not hard to scout some good talent in Europe and South America and bring in the right talent. Guys who will take winning as everything not just have their last playing days here.

In January Newcastle United let 5 guys go out on loan to Rangers. The owner has interest in both clubs.

All 5 of these guys are on death row at Newcastle United. Will be looking for new clubs in the summer.

One of the guys is Haris Vuckic. He came to Newcastle as a wonder kid signing and just hasn't come on. He is extremely talented and no doubt will have offers from more minor leagues but he's someone we should target. Won't be on big coin and is young, talented and with the Manchester City connection could get these types to the club.

Unfortunately for those lads they are part of a power game that Ashley is determined to win.

I do remember Vuckic from a few years ago and until this loan move thought he had already left Newcastle.

We have managed to find good young players In Mooy, Melling and Chapman. Also feel Clisby will be much better next season. We need to look for those type of players who play up front.

I wonder what it would cost to prise Nathan Burns away from Wellington?

There should not be an Australian marquee. Other than Cahill, there is no such thing.

Possibly Nathan Burns?

I agree with this, it's the type we should be targeting. 

I do believe though that the priority in this first year of the new ownership, was to bring exposure to the club via the big name signings. By exposure, I don't mean just to gain the interest of the sporting public - but also as a lure for good young overseas players to play at a club that is big enough to attract these huge names. I'm not talking about the world's best rising stars, but that next level of player who may struggle to break into the top leagues of the world. 

Villa, Duff, Kennedy and Lampard (attempt) are huge names that would no doubt have a good young player thinking: 'hey, this Melbourne City may just be a good option for me'.

I'm sure in the upcoming years, we will see good, young, skillful players starting to come down.

Duff is a great example for me. A huge name winger/forward that fits the above requirement in the first year. His position next season will see a younger and faster left footed winger who is also talented... hopefully!!!

My thoughts anyway....

There just seems to be no creativity in that department when it comes to signing quality A-League players! They're going with the approach "Oh they released him? He'll do for now and if he wants to keep playing he'll sign on the cheap, let's get him"!

Reid, Coyne, Macallister, Miller, Ramsay(?) were all below par! I'm surprised we didn't try and sign Nick Ward and Isaka Cernak!

There just seems to be no creativity in that department when it comes to signing quality A-League players! They're going with the approach "Oh they released him? He'll do for now and if he wants to keep playing he'll sign on the cheap, let's get him"!

Reid, Coyne, Macallister, Miller, Ramsay(?) were all below par! I'm surprised we didn't try and sign Nick Ward and Isaka Cernak!

D-MAC!!!

Only good thing about him was his frist ever goal for us and his nick name lol

D-MAC!!!

Only good thing about him was his frist ever goal for us and his nick name lol

What about when he got red carded as a substitute after around 10 mins!

I don't want Jaliens either. But I'm assuming that we're signing an injury replacement player for a short period. What are our options when we have possibly 10 players on the injury list and possibly Garuccio and Duff now out for the season?

However, I still don't understand why we can't get a youngster from Manchester on the plane within 48 hours. What's the point of being a part of CFG if we cannot?

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic