Melbourne Football

RD 7 - City vs Sydney

Victards

If anything positive is to come out of yesterday's debacle is this team surely must now be pissed off at themselves and actually go out there on Saturday and give it their f*ing all.

Yeah, their confidence would have taken a battering, but it's now time to prove themselves.

If they have any pride, they will come out breathing fire - for 95 minutes, not 20.

If we win, we win. If we lose, we lose.

Please note CFG, home crowds already down from 15,000 to 9,000 and if you think that all of that is due to Villa's absence you are misinformed. The Melbourne market is a very sophisticated sporting market, they know what is going on and have better things to do with their time, especially on Sunday afternoons.

Tifo idea, 'win lose or draw' at the top

Drawing of Aami park in the middle

And 'there's no place I'd rather be' at the bottom.

Thoughts?

Yes, leave out the 'lose or draw', we demand a team that wants to win good point but just think we need to show that we will be here supporting our boys no matter what

Thoughts?

U do understand how much a tifo costs to make and that it is not feasible to make a new one every week. I understand that and I'm just trying to share my ideas?

I tried to contribute by asking to buy the last Melburnians scarf before it was offered to everyone but the bloke selling the second last one couldn't hear me even though I was in the seat directly behind the guy he was selling the 2nd last one too :( just hope there is more released of that particular design!!

Thoughts?

U do understand how much a tifo costs to make and that it is not feasible to make a new one every week. I understand that and I'm just trying to share my ideas? Putting forward ideas is good but in this instance when we are so concerned about the club culture we shouldn't be encouraging the notion that Sunday was acceptable in anyway shape or form.

There are 3 things that are certain in life

Death

The tax man will take your money

Shane Smeltz scores against us

Hard to have a positive outlook on upcoming fixtures.

I liked what Paartalu had to say after the CCM game and I hope the senior players set a higher standard for the rest of the squad. However, looking at that second CCM goal again half the team was napping, the worst part is how we completely lost our shape at that point. Paartalu was sitting on our defensive line, next to Ramsay who was napping. Paartalu probably dropped next to Ramsay because he knows that he can't be trusted to defend.

Between Brown, Marino and whoever else they weren't able to dispossess Cernak.

The space in which the shot was taken by Hutchinson was clearly the responsibility of our holding midfielders Paartalu and Miller.

Thoughts?

Yes, leave out the 'lose or draw', we demand a team that wants to win good point but just think we need to show that we will be here supporting our boys no matter what

Aren't we already showing that by turning up...?

Its not like we all jumped on board when the club went through a rich vein of form and only now we are having shit results..

Correct. The club should be acutely aware of what to expect from the supporters following disappointing results. That's pretty much all we've had for going on five years now. The high-water mark in this club's history is 37 points from 27 games.

I can't think of anything more counter-productive than a 'We still love you boys!!' banner. Personally, my feeling at the moment is that they can pretty much all go **** themselves. Throwing points away is disappointing and throwing points away consistently is unacceptable. And if this club continues to do it, I'm not going to waste my money supporting it. Because there's countless 'places I'd rather be' than watching this crap.

• Like 2

And if this club continues to do it, I'm not going to waste my money supporting it. Because there's countless 'places I'd rather be' than watching this crap.

Another one on the indifferent bandwagon! Come join me brother! ...Or go do something else. I dont care.

Well, actually, now that I think of it, a 'Whatever...' tifo would just about be my nomination as the best option.

You have hit on something interesting though and I don't think it is just you: as long as I've supported this team, as soon as it's given the supporters some reason to get our hopes up, it shits the bed. When we stop giving a stuff, that's when the good performances happen. Then they'll string a few good results on end and you feel yourself becoming invested again, as there is a clear feeling that something is building again. Cue the poor performances as we crash back to reality.

Now, if there was some way that the supporters could collectively bottle this complete and utter indifference for every game (a bit of a balancing act, as they'd probably still need to actually turn up to the games at home), we might be on to something. It would probably free up a lot of time for our Melburnians friends during the week too.

Edited by SF33

Now, if there was some way that the supporters could collectively bottle this complete and utter indifference for every game (a bit of a balancing act, as they'd probably still need to actually turn up to the games at home), we might be on to something. It would probably free up a lot of time for our Melburnians friends during the week too.

Everyone bring a book day

• Like 1

"Sorry, I started reading a book because I thought we had already won" Lol

• Like 1

"Sorry, I started reading a book because I thought we had already won" Lol

Sit down protest... with books. Free bookmarks to replace the herald sun.

Bag on head day.

Mets-fans.jpg