Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

4 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM; assholes who take bikes on peak hour trains. Was running late today and usually walk to work, got on the train and not one but two of these dicks had bikes on a packed train.

Consider yourself lucky that tit has not been raining and muddy because thats when it really gives me the shits

7 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM; assholes who take bikes on peak hour trains. Was running late today and usually walk to work, got on the train and not one but two of these dicks had bikes on a packed train.

If you complained they probably would have put GoPro Footage of you on Youtube alongside their videos of Dumpster Diving.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM; vigilante cyclist videos, they just come off looking like complete wankers.

I think its undeniable Cycling is a good mode of transport for people who travel the distances that I do in the Inner City (Its one of the reasons I brought my Vespa) but the problem with Cyclists in Melbourne is that this city is nothing at all like the examples these PPL give of Bike Friendly Cities in Europe they see easily becoming.

Amsterdam is only 219 square kilometres but bloody Melbourne is almost 10,000 square kilometres plus it has over four times the population of Amsterdam 

Now its great if Claudia wants to ride from her share house in East Brunswick to Fitzroy for a beer along Bike Friendly roads in the Inner North but the thing is when Axel based in Dandenong has a Truckload he needs to take as well to Fitzroy he also has to use the same Bike Friendly/Car Unfriendly roads.

We can convert as many of these roads as we want and it obviously benefits a fair few in the community and so we should do as such but it seems there is not many around my place that have not been converted. Which is a problem because just because these new Bike Friendly Roads exist does not make it possible to ride from Frankston to Melbourne (All part of the same city).

Its not like anyone is riding that often from Amsterdam to Rotterdam (Two very fucken different places) which is the same distance/travel time everyday are they? 

Edited by cadete

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM; vigilante cyclist videos, they just come off looking like complete wankers.

I don't see them as being any different to dashcam videos which I and most people find interesting.

Maybe you need to be a cyclist to appreciate the dangers of the close calls.

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

I don't see them as being any different to dashcam videos which I and most people find interesting.

Maybe you need to be a cyclist to appreciate the dangers of the close calls.

Hate to disagree with a bloke that just won me over 600 bucks today but believe me I def appreciate close calls... some PPL have never heard of side mirrors and some PPL have not heard of looking through a Windshield when creeping forward at the lights.

And a completely panelled Scooter costs a lot more to repair than a Bicycle. 

17 minutes ago, cadete said:

Hate to disagree with a bloke that just won me over 600 bucks today but believe me I def appreciate close calls... some PPL have never heard of side mirrors and some PPL have not heard of looking through a Windshield when creeping forward at the lights.

And a completely panelled Scooter costs a lot more to repair than a Bicycle. 

Wouldn't you find scooter videos of those situations interesting to watch for yourself then?

And you'd be in much more  scarier situations than a cyclist as you're travelling at faster speeds and in the same lanes as other vehicles....most motorbike riders I know tend to align themselves to cyclists rather than a motorist for that reason.

1 minute ago, hedaik said:

Wouldn't you find scooter videos of those situations interesting to watch for yourself then?

And you'd be in much more  scarier situations than a cyclist as you're travelling at faster speeds and in the same lanes as other vehicles....most motorbike riders I know tend to align themselves to cyclists rather than a motorist for that reason.

Well I look at this stuff from a real Inner City Experience which is different to the average Motorbike/Vespa Rider as I drive next to as many Cyclists as I do Cars and usually on slow roads... ESP now I have moved even closer to the city. 

And I have noticed Cyclists TBH are bigger kents to you than Motorists in general... most Motorists these days want you to get past them and often move aside at the lights bar the occasional bogan in a VT. 

Cyclists on the other hand will often give you sprays for passing them and "Using The Bike Lane" when you use the half a vacant lane that isn't allocated for bikes... and even though its clearly painted where the Bike Lane actually is and is not some pipe up straight away. There is a real sense of entitlement amongst some of these guys but on the other hand you get some nice one's who compliment the Scooter as well.

Fuck stressing about this shit, in like 3 years time only ballers will own cars and most of us will just catch a driverless uber wherever we need to go (or continue to catch PT if that's your thing). And for those that want to cycle, I'm sure they'll be plenty of opportunities to convert parking spaces to cycling lanes cause a lot of them will no longer be needed.

Edited by Tesla

11 hours ago, Tesla said:

Fuck stressing about this shit, in like 3 years time only ballers will own cars and most of us will just catch a driverless uber wherever we need to go (or continue to catch PT if that's your thing). And for those that want to cycle, I'm sure they'll be plenty of opportunities to convert parking spaces to cycling lanes cause a lot of them will no longer be needed.

I assuming one of these Ballers you refer to will be in a Burnt Orange APEX Gang Mobile...

Edited by cadete

Nah, I can't wait to be chauffeured everywhere in some diverless uber so I don't have to worry about APEX Gang members breaking into my car at night in a country where I can't legally shoot them dead on the spot for doing so.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

TTIM: Tim Minchin what an unfunny retard.The bloke goes on TV and says anyone who knocked his Child Abuse song does not worry him because they are clearly not as Intelligent as him.

I mean seriously forget who he was singing about (And who is posting this if need be) and focus on what he singing about which is: Child Abuse.

Now thousands of Australian’s suffer from severe Post Traumatic Stress from being abused as a child so he decides to sing a fucken song about it on National TV because his a Militant Atheist and does not think any of these People (Whoever they were abused by) might not want to hear a song about something they have been recovering from their whole lives?

And if they do take an issue with it or have a PTS episode that they therefore lack the intelligence of one of Australia’s worst in a long line of shit Comedians.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTIM: Tim Minchin what an unfunny retard.The bloke goes on TV and says anyone who knocked his Child Abuse song does not worry him because they are clearly not as Intelligent as him.

I mean seriously forget who he was singing about (And who is posting this if need be) and focus on what he singing about which is: Child Abuse.

Now thousands of Australian’s suffer from severe Post Traumatic Stress from being abused as a child so he decides to sing a fucken song about it on National TV because his a Militant Atheist and does not think any of these People (Whoever they were abused by) might not want to hear a song about something they have been recovering from their whole lives?

And if they do take an issue with it or have a PTS episode that they therefore lack the intelligence of one of Australia’s worst in a long line of shit Comedians.

Even YOU have to admit the tune was catchy as hell.

21 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Even YOU have to admit the tune was catchy as hell.

The guy's a dick, 

He went to an Expensive Grammar School in Perth that when my school played them we used to deliberately try take them out whenever we could behind play and even when I knew alright guys that went there at Uni they still never got over it.

They hated it they went to the most expensive school in the state in the most expensive part of Perth but we still dominated them in most Sports as a much more affordable Catholic School on the other side of the river and that our school was more well known.

I am guessing and hoping Minchin's rabid Atheism and hatred of Mick's (He has a few songs where he knocks Catholics) was caused by someone giving him a mouthful of sand by planting him into some rock hard Western Australian turf.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, cadete said:

The guy's a dick, 

He went to an Expensive Grammar School in Perth that when my school played them we used to deliberately try take them out whenever we could behind play and even when I knew alright guys that went there at Uni they still never got over it.

They hated it they went to the most expensive school in the state in the most expensive part of Perth but we still dominated them in most Sports as a much more affordable Catholic School on the other side of the river and that our school was more well known.

I am guessing and hoping Minchin's rabid Atheism and hatred of Mick's (He has a few songs where he knocks Catholics) was caused by someone giving him a mouthful of sand by planting him into some rock hard Western Australian turf.

I don't think the bloke touched a piece of sporting equipment in his life. Like anyone militant they get blinded by their ideology so aren't particularly qualified to comment on issues without bias. The song was childish and as you mentioned could potentially do the victims more harm than good.

I must say I would love to see you Tim and Waleed at a dinner party together

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I don't think the bloke touched a piece of sporting equipment in his life. Like anyone militant they get blinded by their ideology so aren't particularly qualified to comment on issues without bias. The song was childish and as you mentioned could potentially do the victims more harm than good.

I must say I would love to see you Tim and Waleed at a dinner party together

Waleed is a spud... needs to learn how to pronounce the names of his field's superiors correctly before I would sit down with him.

Tim Minchin is racist catholophobe and his bigoted song drives the community further apart and as a result creates more peadophile catholic priests who feel ostracised by society and therefor rape more kids. If you make a peado priest joke you're creating more hate, in fact the whole royal commission is a hate filled exercise  designed to paint all catholics with the same brush. 

1 minute ago, HeartFc said:

Tim Minchin is racist catholophobe and his bigoted song drives the community further apart and as a result creates more peadophile catholic priests who feel ostracised by society and therefor rape more kids. If you make a peado priest joke you're creating more hate, in fact the whole royal commission is a hate filled exercise  designed to paint all catholics with the same brush. 

Sometimes it's much more peaceful to be "out-of-touch." Until the "Pell in Rome" affair I'd never heard of Tim Minchin. More people should try disconnecting from the instant media society swirling around us - and be a lot happier as a result.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Sometimes it's much more peaceful to be "out-of-touch." Until the "Pell in Rome" affair I'd never heard of Tim Minchin. More people should try disconnecting from the instant media society swirling around us - and be a lot happier as a result.

Ignorance is bliss.

My old man used to say a little knowledge is more dangerous than none.

• Like 2

On 15/03/2016 at 3:27 PM, cadete said:

Old mate, even with our differing opinions on many topics, I must say that this post is so on point it's not funny. 

5 star post.

TTIM: A-league referees

I swear to christ every week these cunts miss 2 or 3 blatant penalties or hand out a yellow or red card that shouldn't of been.

To hear them say tonight that novillo should've got a penalty and not a yellow is just typical of these refs, it honestly seems like they are getting worse and worse every week. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

TTIM: A-league referees

I swear to christ every week these cunts miss 2 or 3 blatant penalties or hand out a yellow or red card that shouldn't of been.

To hear them say tonight that novillo should've got a penalty and not a yellow is just typical of these refs, it honestly seems like they are getting worse and worse every week. 

Meh, you try doing it. Cunt of a game to referee.

Not saying I won't dish out some abuse on the night mind you, but referee hysteria is ridiculous. It's the same everywhere in the world. It all evens out in the end.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Not saying I won't dish out some abuse on the night mind you, but referee hysteria is ridiculous. It's the same everywhere in the world. It all evens out in the end.

Tend to agree...

There is one bloke who only has one head he can turn and the other thing is there are so many unspoken things a Ref has do as well as apply the rules of the game to not look like an idiot.

A good example we see each week is the amount of Frees the Ref has to let go for opposition players holding Tuna, if a Ref paid a free to the letter of the law for every time a defender infringed by holding him the game would look like a farce as he would receive 15 a game.

I find the way the three umpires do shit in AFL far more annoying than how the A-League and Soccer in general is adjudicated.

Edited by cadete

22 minutes ago, cadete said:

Tend to agree...

There is one bloke who only has one head he can turn and the other thing is there are so many unspoken things a Ref has do as well as apply the rules of the game to not look like an idiot.

A good example we see each week is the amount of Frees the Ref has to let go for opposition players holding Tuna, if a Ref paid a free to the letter of the law for every time a defender infringed by holding him the game would look like a farce as he would receive 15 a game.

I find the way the three umpires do shit in AFL far more annoying than how the A-League and Soccer in general is adjudicated.

Absolutely, umpiring by the spirit of the game and the letter of the law are two completely different things: but try telling some toothless bogan supporter that on talkback radio...

The AFL are guilty of pandering to much to the letter of the law rather than what the laws were intended for, which however wrong is completely understandable in modern day Australia. IMO soccer is much better refereed in that aspect.

Edited by bt50

4 hours ago, bt50 said:

I have reffed myself, and while referees are only human, it's just they are constantly fucking up big decisions. I can live with the odd couple going against you here and there, thats just the way sport is, but missing blatant penalties is another thing.

What i'd love to see is something like tennis where you could challenge a refs decision or something along those lines. Soccer out of all sports just seems to be underutilising technology so much

For instance why has goal line technology not been introduced into the a-league yet? Is it a money thing that they can't put it in the a-league yet or is it something like FIFA is holding it back? I'm generally curious why something so simple hasn't been put into the game yet.

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I have reffed myself, and while referees are only human, it's just they are constantly fucking up big decisions. I can live with the odd couple going against you here and there, thats just the way sport is, but missing blatant penalties is another thing.

What i'd love to see is something like tennis where you could challenge a refs decision or something along those lines. Soccer out of all sports just seems to be underutilising technology so much

For instance why has goal line technology not been introduced into the a-league yet? Is it a money thing that they can't put it in the a-league yet or is it something like FIFA is holding it back? I'm generally curious why something so simple hasn't been put into the game yet.

Only one goal line call I can think of this season.I'm glad there wasn't technology in place

• Like 4

Dumbest thing in the world has to be AFL Umpires going to the Video...

All you ever hear on TV  is a squeaky voice say "Inclusive - Goal Umpire Decision Stands". 

TTIM: Why cant one AFL umpire have a voice like Dennis Commetti or the guy who does Late Night Love Song Requests.

Edited by cadete

38 minutes ago, marn11 said:

TTIM: The current infatuation the footballing public seems to have with illicit drugs. I can't be the only one who couldn't care less.

I think it's more of a cultural thing that the AFL wants to eliminate to promote the family-friendly vibe they want to reach, increase kids participation etc. 

But I agree, I personally don't really care at all.

18 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I mean ffs every other profession is out there slamming googs or smoking puff every weekend who gives a fuck if afl players are too?

This. As a Melbourne fan I couldn't give a fuck if Jesse Hogan, Christian Petracca or any other player spent their off season having a good time. It's none of my business what they get up to in their spare time. 

On a related note, how's the nerve on some journalists feigning outrage at this Collingwood news as if 70% of their profession aren't cooked.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, marn11 said:

This. As a Melbourne fan I couldn't give a fuck if Jesse Hogan, Christian Petracca or any other player spent their off season having a good time. It's none of my business what they get up to in their spare time. 

On a related note, how's the nerve on some journalists feigning outrage at this Collingwood news as if 70% of their profession aren't cooked.

I have seen Jesse Hogan not once but twice at Messina on Smith St, think ice-cream is more his vice 

• Like 2