Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

17 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTIM: Said this one before but now it has been confirmed: Cigarette Taxes going up massively again... I already have to smoke Rothman's Blue in this country is that not enough of a Punishment???

A fate worse than Bond St Golds

23 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

TTIM: all the fuckwits in my office suddenly talking about the EPL as though they are experts even when they are pronouncing it "Lie Chester"

DW Optus has just conspired to ensure nobody in this country ever speaks of the EPL again

14 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTIM: Said this one before but now it has been confirmed: Cigarette Taxes going up massively again... I already have to smoke Rothman's Blue in this country is that not enough of a Punishment???

As I said above I dont smoke (apart from when drunk) and haven't bought a packet of cigarettes in my life but this is clearly discrimination against smokers because they're a minority.

And people who justify it by saying that smokers cost the health care system or the government money are wrong. Currently smokers pay 17 times more than their health care costs, and overall smokers cost the government less money than non-smokers cause they die earlier and don't create costs for the government that they would if the lived longer eg pension (most smokers are low income earners), health care, etc.

So there is pretty much no justification for an excise tax on tobacco anywhere near current levels.

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

A fate worse than Bond St Golds

I honestly think I smoked about 60 cigarettes (Def over 40) between 7pm and 5am on Saturday night... so with some other eventful stuff coming up in my life it probably is time to quit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cadete said:

I honestly think I smoked about 60 cigarettes (Def over 40) between 7pm and 5am on Saturday night... so with some other eventful stuff coming up in my life it probably is time to quit.

I go through a deck a weekend, I don't smoke during the week because I hate the way smokers smell in the lifts at work. I'm honestly considering it now as money for smokes is almost as much as money for drinks.

Just now, thisphantomfortress said:

I go through a deck a weekend, I don't smoke during the week because I hate the way smokers smell in the lifts at work. I'm honestly considering it now as money for smokes is almost as much as money for drinks.

Its not real easy but I can quit like I have in the past, its my partner who is going to have a harder time... 

32 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I work in Docklands, the asshole PTs that run boot camps on the Etihad concourse/forecourt can get fucked

They shit me off on my cycle in when they exercise on the path outside World Trade Centre and Batman Park so they dont get their little bum bums damp on the grass. 

"Young locally bred coaches like Tony Popovic, John Aloisi and Kevin Muscat are men with the best qualifications and are among the leaders in A-League coaching. Graham Arnold and Scott Miller are not far behind." Les Murray. 

Fuck me dead Les Murray :droy: 

• Like 2

On 4 May 2016 at 2:33 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

Hate to depress you but in the late 80s a carton of beer was about the same as a carton of smokes.

My tip, get some seeds, grow your own. God help you if you get caught though, I dare say you'll wish you were making ice instead if that happens. 

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Hate to depress you but in the late 80s a carton of beer was about the same as a carton of smokes.

My tip, get some seeds, grow your own. God help you if you get caught though, I dare say you'll wish you were making ice instead if that happens. 

Logistically my Collingwood apartment would probably handle a meth lab better. A friend of mine already buys his tobacco off the black market, I have a feeling it will soon become more mainstream 

13 hours ago, Shahanga said:

My father who has never smoke in his life is a keen Gardener/Eccentric and he had Tobacco Plants in his front garden for years and nobody said anything except old blokes asking if they could take some...

59 minutes ago, tomby said:

Waleed Aly

Only won cos he is black 

FFS that shitty program is probably gonna have "Wally's Word" at the end of each episode now Jerry Springer style.

The blokes thinks he is a top Political Science Academics and he can not even pronounce his obvious superiors in his chosen field names when he interviews them on that Pinko Love In of a show... and then they wonder why nobody wants to go on that show anymore unless its one of their unfunny comedian mates.

• Like 1

Heard him on 3AW this morning going on about not knowing what "left and right" means in terms of politics. He also claims he prefers presenting "an analysis" rather than giving an opinion piece. Ive never heard such complete a utter fucking horse shit in my worthless life. Either he's a self deluded entitled prick or a horrible lair. Probably a bit of both and for that reason, I officially hate him more than Andrew O'keefe and Charlie Dickering put together. FUCK OFF YOU CUNT!

BTW Tomby he won coz he's muslim not black. Muslims are more oppressed more than black these days, don't you know anything about social justice!

Ill add TTIM: Julia Morris is the unfunniest waste of oxygen in the country, if I was in charge of whats funny she'd be working at Susans or someshit.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, cadete said:

Also whilst we are at it I am gonna give Nonni Hazelworth a whack as well... why does this woman think that her political opinions matter?

I remember watching her on Q&A a few months ago prior to the last Federal Election and they went around the panel and asked who they thought would win... now obviously by this stage the Libs were caning the ALP Government which was so fucked they were about to/or already had tried their K Rudd Hail Mary.

They ask Graham Richardson first and his response was basically "We are fucked"... after that they really did not need to go around the panel anymore TBH.

Anyway Nonni gets up and says some shit like "Everybody has worked out Abbott's negative tactics and the ALP will return to Government". Now I really dont care that Nonni made a Left Wing/Right Wing or whatever Wing Political Comment... what pissed me of was she made the dumbest most unfactual comment that I have pretty much seen on that show and their have been some dumb comments from all corners of the political spectrum on Q&A.

What shited me off was as a kid born in the 80's this woman fucken taught me all kinds of shit on Playschool (She was on every second episode and I watched two a day) I learnt shit like counting, animal noises, letters etc, etc thanks to her and now I find out that she was barely smarter than I was when I was watching her as a Four Year Old.

I feel fucken cheated and the fact that someone this dumb taught me this stuff makes me almost even question my own intellect.

This has got to be one of the best/most left field posts I've ever read on here.

While we are all having a circle jerk about people we hate.

Clem Ford the misadrist disguising herself as a feminist irks me like nobody else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

This has got to be one of the best/most left field posts I've ever read on here.

While we are all having a circle jerk about people we hate.

Clem Ford the misadrist disguising herself as a feminist irks me like nobody else.

Possibly the most deluded fuckwit to ever get spoken about as a 'respected journalist' in the media.

Also WTF did Nonni give a speech about Australia's bigoted Entertainment Industry last night?

This was the same night when a Muslim wins the Gold Logie alongside another Logie, an Aboriginal Woman wins her Fourth Logie for most Outstanding Actress and she herself a "Woman" wins a Lifetime Achievement Award.

Yep - There was Bigotry going on left, right and centre last night as she gave her speech... seriously I really hope one day we get Teleporting down pact so every time someone says shit like this about Australia we can beam them down to one of the countries they feel are being "Unfairly Treated" by The West. 

"Australia hates homosexuals because of the Liberal Party and Catholic Church" - Zap Welcome to Iran - "Australia actually is not that bad in hindsight".

Edited by cadete

44 minutes ago, cadete said:

Also whilst we are at it I am gonna give Nonni Hazelworth a whack as well... why does this woman think that her political opinions matter?

I remember watching her on Q&A a few months ago prior to the last Federal Election and they went around the panel and asked who they thought would win... now obviously by this stage the Libs were caning the ALP Government which was so fucked they were about to/or already had tried their K Rudd Hail Mary.

They ask Graham Richardson first and his response was basically "We are fucked"... after that they really did not need to go around the panel anymore TBH.

Anyway Nonni gets up and says some shit like "Everybody has worked out Abbott's negative tactics and the ALP will return to Government". Now I really dont care that Nonni made a Left Wing/Right Wing or whatever Wing Political Comment... what pissed me of was she made the dumbest most unfactual comment that I have pretty much seen on that show and their have been some dumb comments from all corners of the political spectrum on Q&A.

What shited me off was as a kid born in the 80's this woman fucken taught me all kinds of shit on Playschool (She was on every second episode and I watched two a day) I learnt shit like counting, animal noises, letters etc, etc thanks to her and now I find out that she was barely smarter than I was when I was watching her as a Four Year Old. 

I feel fucken cheated and the fact that someone this dumb taught me this stuff makes me almost even question my own intellect.

PS: Also she pissed me off at much earlier age when she released a rock single when I was like six... it was so shit I can't even find it on Youtube and you can find Paul Robinson from Neighbors 80's single on Youtube just to show the depth of Bad Australian Singing Talent on Youtube..

Probably post of the year...

TTIM: Dudes that will not accept the Hipster Scene/Look died a good two years ago and not to mention prior to that had reached a point of lameness long before reaching its official death.

Yet you still see these PPL trying to carry the flame... TBH they are just revealing their true nerdy selves that made them become Hipsters in the first place.

Edited by cadete

12 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTIM: Dudes that will not accept the Hipster Scene/Look died a good two years ago and not to mention prior to that had reached a point of lameness long before reaching its official death.

Yet you still see these PPL trying to carry the flame... TBH they are just revealing their true nerdy selves that made them become Hipsters in the first place.

Hipsters were just he Emo kids grown up. The fun new scene, I'm unsure what it's called, around Fitzroy/ Collingwood seems to be some kind of cross between hipster/lad and homeless the gf and I were walking down Smith St and had a heated debate about whether a group or people were homeless or trying to be trendy. We settled on trendy

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Hipsters were just he Emo kids grown up. The fun new scene, I'm unsure what it's called, around Fitzroy/ Collingwood seems to be some kind of cross between hipster/lad and homeless the gf and I were walking down Smith St and had a heated debate about whether a group or people were homeless or trying to be trendy. We settled on trendy

Yeah, its the Normcore look that has become more Lad and Logo orientated on Smith Street these days... however you also see some douches on Smith Street as well still well into the Lumberjack Hipster look with the barber obsession, crazy facial hair, leather jacket and maybe a Cafe Racer Honda Motorcycle.

It makes me wonder if these nerds just going to listen to Bon Iver and look like this forever?

2 minutes ago, hedaik said:

How funny is this @cadete

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/antonov-an225-mriya-worlds-biggest-planes-perth-landing-delayed-20160515-goven7.html

They probably all thought the plane was stocked with Krispy Kremes

Shit is so boring over there that they have been talking about this fucken plane coming for days... seriously at least Adelaide has Serial Killers to talk about every few years.

NOTE: Obv Adelaide is far worse than Perth: The only time I get annoyed at someone putting Perth down is when they say its as bad as Adelaide.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: Media interest in Jarryd Hayne.

It use to be a TTDIM with what he did in going to the NFL but with him now going to play for fiji in the 7's at the olympics i couldn't care less. Theirs not even any guarantee he'll even get a spot on the team.

12 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

It use to be a TTDIM with what he did in going to the NFL but with him now going to play for fiji in the 7's at the olympics i couldn't care less. Theirs not even any guarantee he'll even get a spot on the team.

Well considering they are clear at the top heading into London this weekend its not like they even need him. The sevens team is the pride of the nation in Fiji and are far more successful that the XVs team