Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM; being in the lifts with other people at work, either the above applies or they reek of ciggies.

TTIM: On weekends having losers from WA and SA staying in the serviced apartments in my building always being loud idiots in the lift... and I know where they are from because they come for the footy.

TTIM even more: That there are chubby two blokes a floor down from us who dont realise (I hope this the case anyway) that you see everything from their apartment beamed across into the building across the walkway. They never put their blind down always have the lights on full, which means as they spend a lot of their time walking around naked that so everytime we smoke on my balcony we get an eyeful of cock.

Edited by cadete

58 minutes ago, cadete said:

TTIM: On weekends having losers from WA and SA staying in the serviced apartments in my building always being loud idiots in the lift... and I know where they are from because they come for the footy.

TTIM even more: That there are chubby two blokes a floor down from us who dont realise (I hope this the case anyway) that you see everything from their apartment beamed across into the building across the walkway. They never put their blind down always have the lights on full, which means as they spend a lot of their time walking around naked that so everytime we smoke on my balcony we get an eyeful of cock.

You get it better than my neighbours, I do all of the above AND smoke naked on the balcony.

3 hours ago, cadete said:

I wonder if they eat pizza.

4 minutes ago, Deviant said:

I wonder if they eat pizza.

In all seriousness, the only time the bloke at the shitty Pizza Store downstairs has any customers is on Thursday to Sunday nights purely due to these blow in's not knowing how terrible him and his establishment is... every other night he is just sitting behind the counter bored.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cadete said:

In all seriousness, the only time the bloke at the shitty Pizza Store downstairs has any customers is on Thursday to Sunday nights purely due to these blow in's not knowing how terrible him and his establishment is... every other night he is just sitting behind the counter bored.

The IGA doesn't attract a couple through the week seeing as its the suburbs only supermarket?

8 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The IGA doesn't attract a couple through the week seeing as its the suburbs only supermarket?

The IGA is always busy, The Fish and Chips store likewise, The Cafe and Wine Bar for their locations are also busy... the only person who is solely reliant on Interstater PPL is the Pizza Guy.

It also doesn't help that one of Melbourne's best Pizza stores is around the corner, serves far better pizza in better sizes at a better price and can deliver a pizza to your door in the same time/if not faster than it takes that guy to make his crap that he serves.

(And yes - I really dislike this Pizza Bloke... Everyone from the Residents to Other Employees in the Apartments does TBH).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Hostile take over?

Start giving out free better pizza outside his shop until he goes out of business and then buy the shop for a cheaper price which more than covers the cost of the free pizzas given out to achieve this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tesla said:

Start giving out free better pizza outside his shop until he goes out of business and then buy the shop for a cheaper price which more than covers the cost of the free pizzas given out to achieve this. 

These free pizzas your giving out where are you making them?

TTIM: Promises during election campaigns to spend money in an electorate if elected. If it is that f***ing important to spend the money/do the project then it should have been part of policy well before the campaign.

Spending promises should be banned during election campaigns.

31 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

While we're on the topic, it doesn't fully irk me, I find it more laughable. The greens making election promises. Why do they even bother? 

"Well, I believe I will vote for a third party"

"Hahaha. Go ahead. Throw away your vote!"

• Like 5

8 hours ago, hakz7 said:

When there's 20 people waiting at the crossing on both sides but one person comes and still decides to press the button... You don't think one of the first 40 people hadn't pressed it yet?

Not sure 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

While we're on the topic, it doesn't fully irk me, I find it more laughable. The greens making election promises. Why do they even bother? 

So they can get elected and maintain the middle class lifestyle they are used to due to their parents but have no realistic hope of attaining themselves unless they can con a bunch of ignorant, naive, but strangely pretentious 18-25 year olds and/or just general nutcases into voting for them?

51 minutes ago, Tesla said:

So they can get elected and maintain the middle class lifestyle they are used to due to their parents but have no realistic hope of attaining themselves unless they can con a bunch of ignorant, naive, but strangely pretentious 18-25 year olds and/or just general nutcases into voting for them?

Its funny how these days they are forced to talk policy as back in the old days, they had three policies they would let people know about and then a whole iceberg of crap below the surface they would tried to keep away from the electorate.

Anyway I remember back in 2006, I was seeing a girl who voted Greens and I made the mistake of telling her that before doing so at the next election she should probably have a look at their ridiculous Social and Economic Policies at the time. I mentioned a few and they were that stupid and unrelated to Koalas and Trees that she basically told me I was making the shit up and that none of it was true... and got rather annoy at me.

I then did a classic dumbass Younger Cadete move and sent her a link to all the dumb policies that I had been talking about... its fair to say I was in the bad books for well over a week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

TTIM: Winter. Two days in and I'm officially over it. Fuck off cold weather I'm moving to the tropics

Agreed.

TTIM: Not enough global warming. Lets push the coal power plants to maximum output even though the electricity isn't needed just so we can speed up global warming.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tesla said:

Agreed.

TTIM: Not enough global warming. Lets push the coal power plants to maximum output even though the electricity isn't needed just so we can speed up global warming.

Or you could just hit up Europe... that's what I am doing in a month and a half.

Mind you one minor downside to this is that I need to buy shorts for the trip as we will be in some bloody hot places, so have had to hit the net (As the stores are not selling any good ones here in Melbourne) and when they arrive just chuck them in a drawer. It feels like wasting money.

1 hour ago, cadete said:

Or you could just hit up Europe... that's what I am doing in a month and a half.

Mind you one minor downside to this is that I need to buy shorts for the trip as we will be in some bloody hot places, so have had to hit the net (As the stores are not selling any good ones here in Melbourne) and when they arrive just chuck them in a drawer. It feels like wasting money.

Our last europe trip my wife left with an empty suitcase and bought clothes as she went. Just buy as you go and in time those clothes become part of your trip memories. 

5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Our last europe trip my wife left with an empty suitcase and bought clothes as she went. Just buy as you go and in time those clothes become part of your trip memories. 

I am about particular as a straight bloke can get when it comes to clothing and footwear... so such a tactic would not work for me.

TTIM: Leftists who complain about how the Australian Government should be providing better services... Education, Welfare, Health Systems etc and when you ask them what the Government should be doing instead and then they also provide the dumbest most irrelevant examples from Scandinavia. 

Countries with far smaller populations than us, with much more central populations over usually far smaller landmasses... and the dumbest thing is that when you look at where Australia Services in these fields sit on a worldscale: It's basically only these places perfect to run such Socially Minded Governments that we sit behind. :droy:

• Like 1