Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

4 hours ago, NewConvert said:

When Ian Crook resigned, Frank Farina was appointed interim manager and he made a huge difference. Due to those results, Farina was given a contract but the following season results did not ensue. Then of course, when Aloisi was sacked, JVS was appointed interim manager and he stated he was not interested in the job long term BUT he changed his mind when CFG took over.

Ah yes of course how could I forget our very own JVS. 

Tuesday, 3 January 2017 -

Melbourne City FC regrets to announce that Hyundai A-League Head Coach John van’t Schip has today resigned with immediate effect in order to return to Holland to contribute to the palliative care of his Father.

Michael Valkanis has been appointed interim first team coach with immediate effect while the Club conducts a search for a permanent replacement for van’t Schip. 

Commenting on his decision John van’t Schip said, “I have been faced with a choice between my family in Holland and my work here in Australia and there was only one right decision.  I did not want my personal circumstances to impact the Club in any way.  I am part of a strong coaching team that has been carefully nurtured over the last three years and that gives me great confidence that this situation will not adversely affect the Club’s progress.  I would like to thank everyone at Melbourne City and the City Football Group for their support.  The Club’s development since its creation will always be a source of great personal pride to me.”

Reacting to the news. Chairman of Melbourne City FC, and the City Football Group, Khaldoon Al Mubarak said, “John’s reaction to his personal circumstances is testament to the man he is and why he has been such an important contributor to the Club’s development both on and off the field - culminating in guiding our Men's First team to its maiden trophy. He has our ongoing gratitude and support as his focus rightly turns to his family.”

- See more at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/melbourne-city-fc-head-coach-john-vant-schip-resigns/5u181bgy0zb11k11mfeg7v97x#sthash.dvHAjePk.dpuf
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/melbourne-city-fc-head-coach-john-vant-schip-resigns/5u181bgy0zb11k11mfeg7v97x#TLmYSB3YSmeFt6Ut.99

Yeah look it is for the best but totally understand his decision and I am glad the club explained it in a little more detail other than 'family reasons' that would have been mocked to no end. Out of respect I wont be making a big hoohah about this. Probably explains his body language in the press conference. Anyway, now that it is all over he did deliver our first silverware.

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 6

On 01/01/2017 at 9:01 AM, silverdust said:

Thats it for me. Have no more time for this club. Will watch from the couch and wont go to a game until this coach is sacked.  To the melbourne city fc players , I feel for you all having to deal with this shit coach and the management that allows it. Go melbourne city fc. 

Welcome back from your short haitus.

This is all so weird - the timing has caught me off guard. But hopefully will lead to good things to come. Weird in a good way!

Condolances to JVS for his personal circumstances, palliative care is a hard thing to go through. 

Sad for his dad and his family. Pleased for the team and especially pleased for the fans. This creates an opportunity for CFG, let's see what they do with it. The good thing that his successor has going for him is that at 31.7% the bar has been set pretty low. I'll probably attend on Friday now, have to change my plans

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Wait, are people taking the reason seriously? If it was really about a sick family member, he'd just take a short break. Clearly he was close to gone and this was a good way out for everyone.

Thats what I was thinking. I was thinking the the City group have already had a chat with him and he is using this as an excuse to exit early

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Wait, are people taking the reason seriously? If it was really about a sick family member, he'd just take a short break. Clearly he was close to gone and this was a good way out for everyone.

Yeah, but having a sick family member still sucks.

Having him gone does not! Bring on 2017.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Why wouldn't you? The reason is too personal and the release from the club too detailed to think otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, Tesla said:

I must admit it was my first thought, he has used family as an excuse before and must be under pressure.

But if true, I wish him and his family the best.

• Like 1