Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

As 'sink or swim' as it was, I can sort of understand the decision to start noodles if Paartalu has gone down.

... but I cannot understand the Ramsay starting decision and unless he was injured, even more confusing was the early sub. Noticed he didn't reappear after half time btw.

Nor can I understand how a team with the experience of Koren, Duff, Kennedy and Kisnorbo fall into the usual bullshit trap the retards play. That points to something very wrong with our game plan, and that buck stops with one man.

I've heard from someone close to the coaching staff that JVS will be moved on at the end of the season. I won't complain.

Will say a prayer tonight so that is in fact true.

Sat next to someone associated with the club in a coaching capacity at the Socceroos v Kuwait game.

Do you really think someone from the club will divulge that sort of information? I think not. But l hope l'm wrong!

It wasn't confusing that Ramsay was subbed, it was confusing that he started at all. Agree the game plan was poor and didn't adapt during the game. Muscunt always has the same game plan against us because it still works. He knows our ball speed is slow and we can't break through a press or a structured defence.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

I've heard from someone close to the coaching staff that JVS will be moved on at the end of the season. I won't complain.

Will say a prayer tonight so that is in fact true. Sat next to someone associated with the club in a coaching capacity at the Socceroos v Kuwait game.

Do you really think someone from the club will divulge that sort of information? I think not. But l hope l'm wrong!

He's not with the club but had been offered a coaching role in the past and still has strong connections with the club and coaching staff.

I know I'm repeating myself, but surely there's an assistant coach at Manchester City who could come out for the rest of this season and at the very least get a CFG pair of eyes on what is going on?

Also our injury situation. Tonight we've got 40,000 at a Melbourne Derby on Victory's turf and we've got Clisby in his second game for us, Safuwan in his first game in Australia, Kennedy in his first game for us, and Stevanja on the bench without a minute of senior game-time to his name.

You're expecting a lot to take the game to a team like MV in those circumstances. And that's before starting to consider the two players whose confidence is completely gone, and half the players starting out of their preferred positions.

Something is horribly wrong.

Sure is..... On top if that, when you add couple more players to be picked up by the end of this season, as well as couple of replacements for Ramsey and perhaps Williams and redmayne.

We will have a team with lots of new players who will need time to gel and be capable of executing coach's game plan (not that JVS has got one)

Does it mean another testing and proving season with fuk all success?????

Everything is suggesting this thus far.

Meanwhile the pedophile has a solid squad with guys on the bench as capable as 11 on the field

Will say a prayer tonight so that is in fact true.Sat next to someone associated with the club in a coaching capacity at the Socceroos v Kuwait game. Do you really think someone from the club will divulge that sort of information? I think not. But l hope l'm wrong!

He's not with the club but had been offered a coaching role in the past and still has strong connections with the club and coaching staff.

If that's the case then l don't buy it. But of course, I'd like to be proven wrong.

Will say a prayer tonight so that is in fact true. Sat next to someone associated with the club in a coaching capacity at the Socceroos v Kuwait game. Do you really think someone from the club will divulge that sort of information? I think not. But l hope l'm wrong! He's not with the club but had been offered a coaching role in the past and still has strong connections with the club and coaching staff.

If that's the case then l don't buy it. But of course, I'd like to be proven wrong.

It's not right to ask

Will say a prayer tonight so that is in fact true. Sat next to someone associated with the club in a coaching capacity at the Socceroos v Kuwait game.

who do you like in the npl?

Tards know how to recruit we dont , kennedy injury prone  only bought in for half a season ,duff played out of position and passing to a non existant fwd line for half a season,  2 prime examples !

Jesus will need a few weeks to settle, under JVS he may need till late this year, but performance wavers as class stays constant.

Even with JVS Jesus can create miracles.

Surely no one can say the list is no good any more?

The list is not good enough.

At least, the list is not good enough to beat 2nd place victory, who are annoyingly looking good this year and are joint title favourites with Perth. Victory have only lost 2 games this season (once to us, at AAMI, and once to 1st place Perth), so this derby was always going to be a headache.

And the injury list, Paartalu, Dugandzic, Velaphi, Garuccio, Brown, Wielaert, and seemingly Mauk, Marino, Germano, is too onerous on a squad with the likes of Ramsay, Redmayne and Murdocca in it.

The squad still needs a significant cleanout.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

Looks like we've made mistakes on both our marquees, koren should of been 1 season to see how he goes and kennedy 6 months to see if his body can hold up. Too many old players in our team and it just kills any chance of scoring on the counter

drop kisnorbo and play saf in cb and see if he can earn a contract for next season

Big changes needed in the off season with a lot of players facing the chop and jvs too shouldn't be safe.

Doubt we'll make the 6 from here

At least, the list is not good enough to beat 2nd place victory, who are annoyingly looking good this year and are joint title favourites with Perth. Victory have only lost 2 games this season (once to us, at AAMI, and once to 1st place Perth), so this derby was always going to be a headache.

And the injury list, Paartalu, Dugandzic, Velaphi, Garuccio, Brown, Wielaert, and seemingly Mauk, Marino, Germano, is too onerous on a squad with the likes of Ramsay, Redmayne and Murdocca in it.

I love this bloke. Gotta hand it to you Murf, despite all logocal and statistical evidence you don't bend on your opinions. I like and appreciate stubbornness.

I love this bloke. Gotta hand it to you Murf, despite all logocal and statistical evidence you don't bend on your opinions. I like and appreciate stubbornness.

Well I guess someone has to balance out the cult-like Anti-JVS brigade.

I look forward to seeing the superstardom that Redmayne, Ramsay, Wielaert, Murdocca, Williams, Dugandzic and Germano will go on to achieve once they come across a new coach.

I look forward to seeing the superstardom that Redmayne, Ramsay, Wielaert, Murdocca, Williams, Dugandzic and Germano will go on to achieve once they come across a new coach. The list is shit. But I don't believe that JVS is the man to get the best out of them. Starting Ramsay tonight and then dragging him therefore wasting a sub is simply inexcusable in my book.

• Like 3

The squad still needs a significant cleanout. I love this bloke. Gotta hand it to you Murf, despite all logocal and statistical evidence you don't bend on your opinions. I like and appreciate stubbornness.

I look forward to seeing the superstardom that Redmayne, Ramsay, Wielaert, Murdocca, Williams, Dugandzic and Germano will go on to achieve once they come across a new coach.

If Williams and Redmayne are no good, why did JVS extend their contracts? It is JVSs fault the squad has holes in it. It was blatantly obvious that we needed a LB before the season started....

TBH it wouldn't surprise me if you actually were JVS

• Like 3

Fact is, when we signed each of those players, people were happy and thought each of those would be important players (apart from Redmayne I guess). Most of them had very good track records before coming here, Williams was the best player in an A-league team, Murdocca an important player in a title winning side, Dugandzic was a pretty highly rated player everyone thought was on his way to Europe instead of us, Ramsay was considered a good A-League player, Wielaert has played at a high level and where he played last reads well on paper (never saw how he actually performed so dont know how he was actually going), Germano is a talented footbalelr as we have seen, and Redmayne was rated as one of the best goalkeeping prospects in the country. Now look at them all. Do you think it's a coincidence?

The real world isn't FIFA, players don't have some overall number and that's how good they are. They have a set of skills, and it's up to the manager to get the most of a player's skill set. Under the right system even a very average player can be a star. I hate to use the West Sydney example again, but it illustrated my example pretty well. Or what about when Hiddink took over the Socceroos. And the reverse applies as well, under the wrong system even a star can be a very average player. Apart from the tactical aspect, there's also the motivational aspect. Even if a manager isn't that great a tactician, they can do well just by motivating their team well and extracting greater performances from their players.

So the point I'm making is a player's performance is highly dependant on the manager, and whenb we have a squad full of players who have previously played well and now they all play like trash, surely we have to consider that the problem is the manager?

• Like 6

As 'sink or swim' as it was, I can sort of understand the decision to start noodles if Paartalu has gone down.

... but I cannot understand the Ramsay starting decision and unless he was injured, even more confusing was the early sub. Noticed he didn't reappear after half time btw.

Nor can I understand how a team with the experience of Koren, Duff, Kennedy and Kisnorbo fall into the usual bullshit trap the retards play. That points to something very wrong with our game plan, and that buck stops with one man.

Agree on the Ramsay bit but starting a player like Noodles out of position for their first derby is just as bad for me. The obvious solution was to drop Melling into DM, push Koren back into midfield and start any other forward up front - anyone at all,given the paucity of return from our forwards. Melling is in form, comfortable defensively and can lay crunching tackles ie the qualities you expect from a DM. Why put a rookie out of position in front of your back four? It's suicidal coaching. Is JVS testing the water to see what it takes to fire him? I'm over it.

I think that we actually are agreeing here. We have half a good starting 11 and almost no decent depth as well as a coach who seems unable to motivate his team, coach residence and belief into the team and who has strangely lost the tactical abilities that he showed in season 1 & 2. As soon as we have injuries to ,key players its like the team knows it will lose. This was always going to be a transitional season but that doesn't excuse flat performances from players or coaching staff.

Last 2 games pretty much sum up where we are this season.

We huff and puff and finally grind out a close 2:1 result against a dead last side in the comp which let's face it is a rubble at the moment.

Any of the top 4 teams would have put them to the sword with 5 goals.......we couldn't .

At home too.

This week we were show how poor we are against well organised counter attacking side where the final result could have easily been 5:0 if Barisha made contact on 2 occasions in the box when he just missed it.

The list is not good enough. At least, the list is not good enough to beat 2nd place victory, who are annoyingly looking good this year and are joint title favourites with Perth. Victory have only lost 2 games this season (once to us, at AAMI, and once to 1st place Perth), so this derby was always going to be a headache. And the injury list, Paartalu, Dugandzic, Velaphi, Garuccio, Brown, Wielaert, and seemingly Mauk, Marino, Germano, is too onerous on a squad with the likes of Ramsay, Redmayne and Murdocca in it. The squad still needs a significant cleanout.I love this bloke. Gotta hand it to you Murf, despite all logocal and statistical evidence you don't bend on your opinions. I like and appreciate stubbornness. Well I guess someone has to balance out the cult-like Anti-JVS brigade.  I look forward to seeing the superstardom that Redmayne, Ramsay, Wielaert, Murdocca, Williams, Dugandzic and Germano will go on to achieve once they come across a new coach.Fact is, when we signed each of those players, people were happy and thought each of those would be important players (apart from Redmayne I guess). Most of them had very good track records before coming here, Williams was the best player in an A-league team, Murdocca an important player in a title winning side, Dugandzic was a pretty highly rated player everyone thought was on his way to Europe instead of us, Ramsay was considered a good A-League player, Wielaert has played at a high level and where he played last reads well on paper (never saw how he actually performed so dont know how he was actually going), Germano is a talented footbalelr as we have seen, and Redmayne was rated as one of the best goalkeeping prospects in the country. Now look at them all. Do you think it's a coincidence?The real world isn't FIFA, players don't have some overall number and that's how good they are. They have a set of skills, and it's up to the manager to get the most of a player's skill set. Under the right system even a very average player can be a star. I hate to use the West Sydney example again, but it illustrated my example pretty well. Or what about when Hiddink took over the Socceroos. And the reverse applies as well, under the wrong system even a star can be a very average player. Apart from the tactical aspect, there's also the motivational aspect. Even if a manager isn't that great a tactician, they can do well just by motivating their team well and extracting greater performances from their players.So the point I'm making is a player's performance is highly dependant on the manager, and whenb we have a squad full of players who have previously played well and now they all play like trash, surely we have to consider that the problem is the manager?

Have not got any likes left but yet again Tesla is on point.

I can't believe after everything, people still don't think he is responsible for his consistently terrible track record.

He tried a very risky combination to start, not sure he had much choice, failed miserably. Past Derbies and wins most notably these gambles have paid off.  Hindsight is all good and well. From coming back off the break we had a full list now all of a sudden we've got 6 or 7 unavailable WTF has happened.

Edited by Jovan

exactly right Tesla.

When Ange was at Brisbane, every player in that team looked great. Solorzano was the top scorer and when he went to MV the next season he didn't even score once and looked very ordinary. The same goes with Paartalu IMO. Even though he's been good for us so far it think people we're expecting a lot more from him going by his performances at Brisbane under ange.

With the list we have at the moment a good coach would have us top 4 easy.

• Like 2

JVS has never been a winner. He's been a nurturer and never really had results put pressure on him.

He'd be a sensational technical director of our academies going forward.

But we need a head coach, amongst other key personnel at the club, that are winners.

I'm not even sure about that any more.

My feeling is that Melbourne City need to go into the future with a fresh approach from the top down, and that people in key positions need to be replaced in an orderly manner to achieve that.

Van't Schip has had an influence one way or another on all five seasons since the foundation of Melbourne Heart. Five seasons of mediocrity. IMO it would be best if all those associated with this mediocrity should move on.

He tried a very risky combination to start, not sure he had much choice, failed miserably. Past Derbies and wins most notably these gambles have paid off.  Hindsight is all good and well. From coming back off the break we had a full list now all of a sudden we've got 6 or 7 unavailable WTF has happened.

I also want that question answered. Doesn't the club owe some sort of explanation to us - we do pay money to support it?

I also want that question answered. Doesn't the club owe some sort of explanation to us - we do pay money to support it?

Yes we are owed an explanation, but remember CFG work in secrecy and silence so we wont get one.

Football but not as we know it.

Agree on the Ramsay bit but starting a player like Noodles out of position for their first derby is just as bad for me. The obvious solution was to drop Melling into DM, push Koren back into midfield and start any other forward up front - anyone at all,given the paucity of return from our forwards. Melling is in form, comfortable defensively and can lay crunching tackles ie the qualities you expect from a DM. Why put a rookie out of position in front of your back four? It's suicidal coaching. Is JVS testing the water to see what it takes to fire him? I'm over it.

Agreed. Safuwan is basically on work experience. Completely irresponsible decision by van 't Schip.

There are weaknesses in the list sure, its the A-league after all, every team has weaknesses.  

But he has created a culture where no-one is ever responsible, and he simply cannot create a team that is greater than the sum of its parts as good coaches can.  

Hell, he ruins good players by playing them out of position, and that goes all the way back to season 1 with Thompson at CB, so Safuwon being played as a DM is no surprise really.

Think back to the defensive cock-ups in his first two seasons when we had Good and Hammil.  Look at our defence looking like it will concede EVERY time Victory came forward.  Thats all due to coaching.

What I am angry about it why was he re-appointed after his mediocre two season with us?  What did we expect this time around: you don't need manicured bowling greens to coach a team, or high tech containers of ice.

He needs to go at the end of the season, as do about 6 players.   Thats important: giving him  a better squad will not make him a better coach, so we should not fall in to the trap of retaining him because he will have different players.

He'll still be Mediocre JVS.