Melbourne Football

Players we should get...rid of!

Red or Dead

Redmayne, Velaphi, Ramsay, Kalmar, Murdocca, Weilaart, Hoff.

Now watch as they play the most minutes of the season and remember our yoof policy while Garuccio and Mauk get subbed on for ten minutes and Retre and co play in the NYL before bossing it in the NPL where they'll end up.

Redmayne has decision-making issues... and for a Goalkeeper that's asking for trouble. 

I would actually be more comfortable with Velaphi as our number 1 to be completely honest. 

I feel Ramsey is wasted at Left back and that issue needs to be solved ASAP. He's an OK winger, but a terrible LB. Either way Gooch > Ramsey.

Hoffman is full retard we all know that. Tonight he was extra retard with a pinch of spastic.  

• Like 2

kalmar was one of our better players out there tonight, I'd like to know why people thought he was average?

was very disappointed with the performance from dugandzic and Ramsay.

I am a bit wet behind the ears, drinking away the sorrow.

But hey, I think he is a middling player. For example, if I were playing football manager he would be the guy who developed every stat evenly. He is not the only one.

He is a jack of all trades, master of none and is less confident because of it. Let's face it, sport is a lot more about confidence than skill sometimes.

He is scared to take a chance like Garuccio or Muak would and dithers a bit.

He does not have the vision of a Mooy, just middling stuff really.

Positionally he's not to good in either bpo or bp, though one could argue this is as much the coaches fault.

He plays simple passes, with no great vision, he can tackle, but runs around like a headless chook sometimes.

He doesn't fit anywhere really, he is half a package and needs a lot of work, he would be probably more suited to a fb role than Ramsay, but he still wouldn't be much chop.

At his age we should release him, as blunt as I may, we would be better served with a youth who would offer the same, but will grow more.

kalmar was one of our better players out there tonight, I'd like to know why people thought he was average?

really good at holding the ball with his feet. as soon as he tries to pass forward - turnover

really good at holding the ball with his feet. as soon as he tries to pass forward - turnover

This, and he turns slower than milk. In a salary cap league, he is good to have on the bench. Better than mass last night.

Seeing as its more a wide collection of players that should fuck off rather than a couple of individuals doesn't that mean we should be looking at the coach/recruiter as the problem rather than the players themselves?

Or are PPL still saying JVS is a good coach because he is Good Looking and Dutch?

Seeing as its more a wide collection of players that should fuck off rather than a couple of individuals doesn't that mean we should be looking at the coach/recruiter as the problem rather than the players themselves?

Or are PPL still saying JVS is a good coach because he is Good Looking and Dutch?

Thought Didulica was head of football operations.

• Like 1

Don't know how he still has a gig.

• Like 1

Don't know how he still has a gig.

I agree it makes no sense why Didulica still has the gig at the club.

However JVS still has a major say in a lot of the players that have been recruited and retained: Hoffman, Kalmar, Germano (Obviously his issues are injuries not talent like the other too) are all prime examples of JVS favourites that have hung around way longer than should have at this level.

Edited by cadete

Knowing that there is a salary cap it has been a mystery as to how the club was able to get Duff, Mooy and a few others under the salary cap without triggering the marquee options. So perhaps the answer is that we have people like Hoffman, Brown, etc. only because they are on minimal salary requirements; so perhaps the tactics will be that we have a few good players (Duff, Mooy) that will carry the team. Will that be enough? I don't think so, and it certainly speaks volumes for what they think of the league.

Hoff wasn't as bad as what you guys are making out, sure the penalty was stupid but he actually played a couple of nice through balls for duff to run on to. Ramsay is playing out of position, Redmayne for me is the issue, just makes some very silly decisions and he is a terrible kick of the ball too.

Firstly, while i think we should have a better quality right back, Hoffman would be a great back up player as he has PROVEN to be reliable in that right back position and very very rarely makes mistakes that lead to goals. In fact I can't remember before last night when he did cost a goal as a result of a mistake.

It's amazing that some people can watch an entire game of football and not mention weilaert as an achilles heel in our team. Probably one of the most important positions on the pitch and we have someone that is slow, gets out run but most players in the league, makes mistakes constantly and is anything but reliable. I'd rather have two Hoffmans than weialert on the team.

Ramsey is by far one of the worst players we have kept on from last season. A far as I can see the only reason he is a starter over garuccio is that defensively he's probably more reliable.

• Like 2

I thought Ramsay was ok... Redmayne was shit though. I could've jumped the fence and stopped that goal myself.

We all could have it was like a slow death, the ball just trickled over the line

Ramsay ok? Worst on ground by a long shot! Redders fucked up that goal but he made some great saves. Ramsay did absolutely fuck all, except turn the ball over

• Like 1

when Villa gets here i cant see Ramsy or Duga getting a spot.

Duff     Villa      Williams

Murdocca  Koren   Mooy

Garrucio Kisnorbo Wierlaet Hoff

Cardboard cut out

• Like 2