Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

25 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

A pretty productive meeting. An FFA representative sat in on the meeting and had some interesting things to say.

Asked all the above questions. The answers will be detailed in the meeting minutes which will be checked and then posted online soon.

Get hype.

Murf, in case you don't see my post in the W-League thread - I was alerted late this afternoon that NAB are giving away free tickets to the WL Grand Final via their Facebook page, maximum two tickets per customer, up to a total maximum of 6,000 tickets.

That hurts after the club's offer to its own members is $19.84 via the Ticketek website. Perhaps this could be brought up at the next FRG please?

• Like 2

On 1/20/2016 at 9:08 AM, Kinnibari said:

Could you mention that it would have been nice to have more informative squad lists for the women's team before each round? I hold out little hope anything will change but we had multiple players out being rested for injuries over the season but you'd only know if you saw them at games or they said something on Twitter.

Actually in general it would be nice to get more info about the woman's team. And maybe they could have updates in the free match program at the men's games?

And also could you ask them about adding the women's team's Twitter to the citizens program points accumulation thing.

I checked the citizens account today, got 300 points because they won the W-League GF

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hedaik said:

You mean like providing a points system for being loyal that you can use to buy club related things with?

don't really get "buy" things outright on cityzens, plus new members get access to it too
active and prem c get bugger all with their memberships while prem b get 1 of those hideous hats
even back with heart we atleast had a "bring a friend for free game" where you didn't have to be a full adult member to get them, can remember them having a seat upgrade for 1 match of the season

40 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

don't really get "buy" things outright on cityzens, plus new members get access to it too

You have x amount of points from being loyal over the years, whereas a new member starts with 0. You have an advantage over a new member to buy something via Cityzens, hence you have been rewarded with your loyalty (something that no other sporting organisation Ive heard of offers). I also don't think the length of your membership (4/5 years?) is really a big deal either to be honest. 

40 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

active and prem c get bugger all with their memberships while prem b get 1 of those hideous hats
even back with heart we atleast had a "bring a friend for free game" where you didn't have to be a full adult member to get them, can remember them having a seat upgrade for 1 match of the season

But new members get access to those things too?

Edited by hedaik

The baby merch is a load of rubbish. There is nothing for babies what so ever. There are merch for kids from about 1 year old onwards, but zero for new borns etc.

Think that battle is clearly a waste of time as i have brought this up with the club in about 4 different ways in the last few years.

Thanks for at least bringing it up guys.

7 minutes ago, hedaik said:

I also don't think the length of your membership (4/5 years?) is really a big deal either to be honest. 

But new members get access to those things too?

Probly not a big deal but i love how hawthorn give members scarves with how many years they've been a member for

With the free tix, the club had mentioned new members would be given extra tickets (in the past), checking up the on the 3 game membership it says people wouldn't be given the "full membership pack" so maybe they're making it up as they go along 

29 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

Probly not a big deal but i love how hawthorn give members scarves with how many years they've been a member for

With the free tix, the club had mentioned new members would be given extra tickets (in the past), checking up the on the 3 game membership it says people wouldn't be given the "full membership pack" so maybe they're making it up as they go along 

I'd like it if this was an option (AFL and A-League) and they add a couple of bucks to the cost of the membership if you want it, with foundation members (or maybe 10+ year members in the AFL) getting it for free.

• Like 1

Thanks for the efforts you continue to put in, Torn Asunder and Murfy and the other fan representatives.

Have to say that the report coming out of the meeting doesn't mention the specific membership issues that we know were actually asked, so that's disappointing. My impression is that the club is locked into a pattern of thinking on memberships and isn't particularly receptive to new ideas? IMO the whole thing could be streamlined along "pro-rata" lines - you can buy at any stage in the season, and what you pay depends on the level of membership and the number of home matches left. Also, families should be able to nominate how many junior seats they want to include, and pay accordingly - number of children could anywhere from one to six. TBH the "special offers" just look to me like someone trying to meet their "metrics."

On Cityzens...As I read the Cityzens home page - correct me if I'm wrong - you don't have to be a season-ticket holder of Manchester, Melbourne, New York or Yokohama to be a Cityzen - you can join from anywhere in the world. It's just that club STHs at the clubs get complementary membership, whereas non-STHs have to pay a Cityzens membership fee.

• Like 1

Regarding memberships that wasn't mentioned. Family memberships next year will be 2 adults + 2 children with the option of adding more adults/children to the membership pack with a reduction in cost on those extra memberships as would normally be the case and it will be available across all membership categories. 

Will be earlier start on next year's membership as well than seen in previous years. 

The FFA has been consulting with a-league clubs, active supporter groups, venues and state police bodies to establish rules and clarify concerns. The active supporter groups of Melbourne Victory and the Western Sydney Wanderers declined to be part of such discussions. The FFA will continue to work with active supporter groups throughout the year.

Was the question asked as to why the scum and grubs refused to be part of discussions? 

1 hour ago, [LIBBA] said:

The baby merch is a load of rubbish. There is nothing for babies what so ever. There are merch for kids from about 1 year old onwards, but zero for new borns etc.

Think that battle is clearly a waste of time as i have brought this up with the club in about 4 different ways in the last few years.

Thanks for at least bringing it up guys.

The best they could do was a shitty bib with the baby membership, and the decal on it shrivelled the moment it went through the wash!

Took them so long even just to get replica t-shirts for kids that I ended up just buying a PSV shirt. Cost the same (including postage) and got the whole kit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illeatyourheart said:

Disappointed that the issue of bringing a friend with you as a member with a reserved seat doesn't seem to have been addressed in that meeting. The answer I got from the club via City Voice was less than satisfactory.

Basically can't do it. Ticketek issues and membership. Seat next you more than likely sold to member even if they don't show up. 

Question was not asked as to why scum and wsw didn't participate but it's very obvious as to why. 

Just now, agoalie said:

Basically can't do it. Ticketek issues and membership. Seat next you more than likely sold to member even if they don't show up. 

Question was not asked as to why scum and wsw didn't participate but it's very obvious as to why. 

But it should be possible and the club advertised it as being possible. They offer no solution or retribution for it not being so. I was told that my friend could buy a 3 game membership instead...

This is taken from the FAQ section of our membership website

NqYYwaX.png

So you're telling me you can't "upgrade" your seat to buy a seat with a friend in Premium A, B or C, even at the ground?

At the least your friend could buy a GA ticket and you could go sit there?

And yes I'm aware you've paid for a A/B/C ticket and want your value for money etc but the flip side is your friend gets the cheaper ticket.

29 minutes ago, bt50 said:

So you're telling me you can't "upgrade" your seat to buy a seat with a friend in Premium A, B or C, even at the ground?

Nope. Doesn't seem possible in anyway.

At the least your friend could buy a GA ticket and you could go sit there?

And yes I'm aware you've paid for a A/B/C ticket and want your value for money etc but the flip side is your friend gets the cheaper ticket

Could do this, but I don't like sitting at the ends (which is the only remaining GA areas). Also a big reason for signing up for my Prem C membership was because the membership site said I'd be able to do this (currently I attend games alone and wanted the option to bring a friend or my dad every now and then).

Edited by illeatyourheart

1 hour ago, illeatyourheart said:

But it should be possible and the club advertised it as being possible. They offer no solution or retribution for it not being so. I was told that my friend could buy a 3 game membership instead...

This is taken from the FAQ section of our membership website

NqYYwaX.png

I don't see where it says you can bring a friend and have them sit with you in your allocated reserved seat.

To me, it's basically saying you can sit with a friend by buying them a ticket (GA) and then changing your seat so you can go and sit with them in GA. So you're sitting with them, not them with you.......

The way I read it is that you can give up your allocated seat and get a ticket for you and a friend in the same area of you allocated seat (thus not downgrading or upgrading your own seat and paying for the second one). "whithin the same category". I've never asked to be given the seat next to mine. Just another one in Cat C so that we have two seated next to eachother.

1 minute ago, illeatyourheart said:

The way I read it is that you can give up your allocated seat and get a ticket for you and a friend in the same area of you allocated seat (thus not downgrading or upgrading your own seat and paying for the second one). "whithin the same category". I've never asked to be given the seat next to mine. Just another one in Cat C so that we have two seated next to eachother.

Agree, you should be able to do that. 

3 hours ago, n i k o said:

The FFA has been consulting with a-league clubs, active supporter groups, venues and state police bodies to establish rules and clarify concerns. The active supporter groups of Melbourne Victory and the Western Sydney Wanderers declined to be part of such discussions. The FFA will continue to work with active supporter groups throughout the year.

Was the question asked as to why the scum and grubs refused to be part of discussions?

I am currently in contact with the WSW guys (along with all other terraces except the NT) and my understanding is that want the banning issue to be resolved to their standards before they deal with anyone else. I'd assume the scum are the same.

RBB want this to be resolved as promised at the meeting in Sydney and I am of the opinion that they will boycott the Sydney derby if it isnt the result they want. Interesting times ahead.

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic