Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

I have a Premium A Family Membership and have been waiting to be advised about the 'Invitation to three post-match member and player functions and closed training' as well so called just now and Mel said "2 of the three post-match member and player function's have already occurred". Apparently they were advertised in the newsletter we receive, the next one is right after the Wellington game, at Edwin's Cafe. Mel also said we should be receiving our invites to the closed training session very soon.

Reminds me of the Douglas Adams type "the plans were open for viewing on the filing cabinet in the island on the fifth planet of some solar system on the other side of the Galaxy.

I mean, really? Do you want members?

• Like 1

FFS I'm almost done with this club. Apart from the abject performances so elegantly and eloquently highlighted on other pages, the "exclusive training session" is held midweek at 9am during school times. If anyone tells me how a family of members from the country during school term has any chance of attending then I'm all ears. Two seriously pissed off kids here.

School holidays and a Sunday recovery session wouldn't be too difficult would it? I also love how numbers are limited - can they fulfil their promise if everyone signs up? Maybe the "exclusive offer" is to exclude people joining going forward. Rant over.

• Like 1

FFS I'm almost done with this club. Apart from the abject performances so elegantly and eloquently highlighted on other pages, the "exclusive training session" is held midweek at 9am during school times. If anyone tells me how a family of members from the country during school term has any chance of attending then I'm all ears. Two seriously pissed off kids here.

School holidays and a Sunday recovery session wouldn't be too difficult would it? I also love how numbers are limited - can they fulfil their promise if everyone signs up? Maybe the "exclusive offer" is to exclude people joining going forward. Rant over.

The irony is you can go to training any day you like and watch (can't go on the pitch though).  So they are charging you extra for something you can get for free.  

• Like 1

In a world of 'you get what you pay for'. We're currently paying Porsche prices for memberships and getting re-paid with Great Wall performances. I'll buy individual tickets to games next season. 5 seasons of wasting money on membership for next to no reward is my limit. 

You don't have to have children to be pissed off with 9 am on a weekday. Driving through peak-hour traffic to Latrobe from the south-east is enough to put me off.

Wouldn't have been too hard for a barbeque Sunday lunchtime would it...?

Shit, does this club actually want members?

TA, if you read this, please put it on the agenda for the next FRG meeting. Not that that will mean much, but at least we will have tried...

• Like 1

In a world of 'you get what you pay for'. We're currently paying Porsche prices for memberships and getting re-paid with Great Wall performances. I'll buy individual tickets to games next season. 5 seasons of wasting money on membership for next to no reward is my limit.

If you get to most games the membership is far more cost effective than buying individually though.

If you get to most games the membership is far more cost effective than buying individually though.

Chicken/egg. If I only bought tickets and attended the games that I was actually a bit excited about, instead of dragging myself to several because I bought a membership, I reckon I'd be a couple of hundred up with the individual game option.

I get to most home games (it will be all but one of the home fixtures this year), but only because I've paid my money upfront. If I had to pay on a week-by-week basis, only for the ones I attended, I shudder to think how many times I simply wouldn't bother.

• Like 1

Call me a fair weather supporter but this season I didn't sign up.

I was going to miss a couple of matches anyway but I didn't want to be forced to attend every home match when the inevitable slump in form occurred.

The freedom to pick and choose is liberating (though I end up going to most anyway).

On a side note, I'm quite surprised at the attendance figures. Plenty of members are not showing up despite paying decent money. I get that performances are a factor but I thought we'd get much closer to 11k against Adelaide.

It was the

You don't have to have children to be pissed off with 9 am on a weekday. Driving through peak-hour traffic to Latrobe from the south-east is enough to put me off.

Wouldn't have been too hard for a barbeque Sunday lunchtime would it...?

Shit, does this club actually want members?

TA, if you read this, please put it on the agenda for the next FRG meeting. Not that that will mean much, but at least we will have tried...

It was the main selling point of the Premium A and I was assuming the reason they were leaving it so late in the season was so that you might get a look inside the new facility which is something that could be claimed as 'exclusive' 

I would love to write an email to them or call them up but its going to fall on deaf ears so what is the point and I dont want to get angry on the staff member on the phone as its totally not their fault. 

Issnt the meeting at the Imp? We probably should all turn up to vent at the source and then watch us lose against WSW as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

While we're on numbers...it looks like the final "membership" tally for 2014/15 is 11,742.

The number was 10,863 the day before the so-called "2-game flexi-memberships" were launched. For me, this is the more realistic total.

As has been pointed out in another thread, really these membership numbers are a load of BS, certainly until what the numbers actually mean for each club. I suspect it's a sort of one-upmanship contest between the clubs, and the grand total across all the clubs can be used by FFA to demonstrate how the A-League is "growing."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Membership numbers have just ticked over to 11,750.

How come people are joining up when the season is over and how come they even think we are worth joining?

Maybe some people are already getting excited about 2015/16?

24th April 3 memberships processed between 8.30 and 9.00 a.m.

3 more processed between 5.00 and 5.30 p.m. the same day.

2 more processed on 26th April between 9.00 and 9.30 p.m.

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Unless they're taking a punt on us reaching a Grand Final in Melbourne at AAMI and want to get in on a "priority allocation" for tickets (which is a "benefit" of membership). That's the only thing I can think of.

• 4 weeks later...

memberships over 11k for this season, im predicting about 8-9k members for next season, srs.

Hard to say. On field performances will have such a huge effect in this number. I agree with those numbers if we have another season like this one. I have little doubt that anything inside top four will result in 10k+ If not most likely reaching the same numbers as last season.

Edited by n i k o

memberships over 11k for this season, im predicting about 8-9k members for next season, srs.

Don't care.  CFG's problem.  Same as the crowd numbers.

FWIW though I'm sure they'll be keen to address both, but seriously I don't think as supporters of a foreign owned and run club we should worry about this one iota.

Don't care.  CFG's problem.  Same as the crowd numbers.

FWIW though I'm sure they'll be keen to address both, but seriously I don't think as supporters of a foreign owned and run club we should worry about this one iota.

yeah i couldnt give a rats about attendance or membership numbers either, but would like to see peoples reactions once we drop a record number of members

Hard to understand what cfg are really after here.

If buying heart was about promoting their brand and increasing exposure, how do shit results, shit crowd numbers and zero interest in Melbourne's sporting landscape meant to help them to achieve it all?

If buying heart was about promoting their brand and increasing exposure, how do shit results, shit crowd numbers and zero interest in Melbourne's sporting landscape meant to help them to achieve it all?

long term plan ect ect

I believe in my heart the City Football Group are here for all the right reasons as well as long term. Perhapse they didn't fully understand the Australian Sporting landscape and in that perhapse underestimated just how bad last season was and the 2 seasons prior. I truly believe that if the CFG didn't buy Melbourne Heart, this would have been our last season. Maybe it would have been our club in the situation the Jets find themselves in.

So I'm greatful that they came in a bought the club and since then have invested significant money into the club. The one thing that gives me confidence about our owners is that every time we hear from them either via Foxsports, club announcements, or interview, they always show an absolute confidence and assurance in what they are doing..

People will come back to the club as members but it will take time, the CFG's biggest challenge will be to instill confidence into the Melbourne sporting public... After 5 years of nothing it won't be easy...

I suspect they want to slowly eat away at the leadership of the FFA and eventually be running the whole thing using the FFA as their puppets. Then through us conquer Asia and end up running the AFC (unofficially of course). I believe this is their plan for each continent and eventually they can take over FIFA and start up a World wide league containing only clubs owned by them who all wear sky blue.

They are doing all this to throw it in Utd's face because they were bullied for so many years. 

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 5

I believe in my heart the City Football Group are here for all the right reasons as well as long term. Perhapse they didn't fully understand the Australian Sporting landscape and in that perhapse underestimated just how bad last season was and the 2 seasons prior. I truly believe that if the CFG didn't buy Melbourne Heart, this would have been our last season. Maybe it would have been our club in the situation the Jets find themselves in.

So I'm greatful that they came in a bought the club and since then have invested significant money into the club. The one thing that gives me confidence about our owners is that every time we hear from them either via Foxsports, club announcements, or interview, they always show an absolute confidence and assurance in what they are doing..

People will come back to the club as members but it will take time, the CFG's biggest challenge will be to instill confidence into the Melbourne sporting public... After 5 years of nothing it won't be easy...

Agree. As long as the don't replicate mistakes. The major thing they need to fix is the list. Their first attempt was below average, but 2nd time round in January was much better. I am really optimistic they will improve again.   

Agree Jovan! It seems as though they used this season to build and set up everything around the club (off field) we now have multiple partners with Nike, Etihad, and Telstra etc... State of the art Training pitches and facilities for conditioning, strength work and recovery. Above all we have a home..

I sincerely believe that this coming season there will be much more emphasis put on the Football department with people already saying that we will have top class, world renowned sports conditioning and sports Scientist at Melbourne City FC. I think that CFG are waiting on the decision regarding the CBA, once that's clear we will start to see many more things start to take shape ..

It may sound simplistic but sometimes it make things worse bringing in best available players. The players need to suit the circumstances. Although the Villa debacle has been well documented but one thing was clear, he was levels above everyone, (including the management) and basically it was pointless him being here. Were as Koren is obviously below what we need, so I reackon if we can get something in between we will be on the right track.

^^ Watching Villa play in the MLS, I was surprised to see that he isn't one that really invests himself into that club either. Seems odd to make a big career decision to move down to MLS/HAL level and not be prepared for it.

As for us, CFG didn't come here and spend over $10 million on the licence and $15 million on a training base just as some kind of fun investment.

They want to make it work, but honestly they do need a new CEO here. Munn has had his time to grow the club but just hasn't seemed to be able to facilitate success on or off the field.

Some new blood would at least tell the fans we are serious about improving, with an even bolder move to let JVS go something that should be considered even more intently.

To think that they aren't trying to make us work is misguided, but they do have a big challenge ahead of them.

Edited by Heart_fan