Melbourne Football

Match day 27: vs West Sydney @ AAMI Park, Saturday 12th of April, 5:30pm

cadete

:D

Keen as a bean for this. Although I'm excited to see what happens in the off-season, I can already feel myself getting bored by the idea of 5 odd months without football.

This off season won't be boring! After the HAL finals, which I'm looking forward to seeing, there's the WC, then the MCFC make-over of our club plus announcement of new players and marquees then preseason games and we're back into it. Then the Asian Cup next January. Hardly time to draw breath :)

:D

Keen as a bean for this. Although I'm excited to see what happens in the off-season, I can already feel myself getting bored by the idea of 5 odd months without football.

This off season won't be boring! After the HAL finals, which I'm looking forward to seeing, there's the WC, then the MCFC make-over of our club plus announcement of new players and marquees then preseason games and we're back into it. Then the Asian Cup next January. Hardly time to draw breath :)

Don't forget the FFA cup too.

Just heard that cops where officially instructed to conduct random weapon searches on the north side of the AAMI stadium from 1 pm this Saturday .

I guess they expecting wsw to sign off home & away season with a bang.

Just heard that cops where officially instructed to conduct random weapon searches on the north side of the AAMI stadium from 1 pm this Saturday .

No one would know how many of the RBB flogs are coming down for this game?

Last thing we want is for the attention of the game to be on them rather than the match and the keep the red and white campaign.

If the weather's OK I think there'll be a good crowd to see Harry play for the last time. He'll come off at some stage a bit like Skoko did and there'll be a standing ovation for him.

Next season I hope our last home game is against someone else. WSW supporters are not the best to have around.

Aussie legend Harry Kewell fit for farewell match when Melbourne Heart travels to Western Sydney

Matt Windley

April 8, 2014

HARRY Kewell has brushed aside injury concerns to be ­declared fit for his farewell game on Saturday night.

The Melbourne Heart captain has missed the past two games with an abdominal strain suffered in the closing stages of Heart’s Round 24 loss to Central Coast.

But the 35-year-old successfully completed training at Epping Stadium on Tuesday and will play against Western Sydney at AAMI Park.

Kewell, 35, had been on a modified training program ­before Tuesday’s session, but the club’sfitness staff were happy with how his injury has progressed.

Harry was initially injured against the Central Coast Mariners, an abdominal strain, on March 23. Since that time he has been working with the club’s medical staff in order to be fit for this particular game and he’s now pretty eager to get out there and play in his final match,” a club spokesman said.

“He returned to full training with the team today and is scheduled at this stage to train with the team again tomorrow.

“Everything is looking good for him to play a part in the game on Saturday.”

Kewell’s final professional appearance will be marked with several tributes.

Before the game players from Heart and the Wanderers will form a guard of honour for the 58-times capped Socceroo who, in 2012, was voted Australia’s greatest ever footballer.

Kewell will be wired to field questions for Fox Sports as he walks on to the pitch.

Kewell has made 39 appearances in the A-League, 25 for Melbourne Victory and 14 for Heart.

He has also played at Leeds United, Liverpool, Galatasaray and Qatar club Al-Gharafa.

Career record

181 games at Leeds United, 93 for Liverpool, 63 for Galatasaray and three for Qatar club Al-Gharafa.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/aussie-legend-harry-kewell-fit-for-farewell-match-when-melbourne-heart-travels-to-western-sydney/story-fnk6rlg0-1226878181734

News Limited Journalism  :droy:

Edited by Murfy1

Last thing we want is for the attention of the game to be on them rather than the match and the keep the red and white campaign.

Not that I'm privy to the inner workings of the RBB, but I've heard they're bringing quite a large number, and the away bay allocation on the Ticketek website alludes to this, too. 

Someone more in the know would be better off confirming, though.

Well we can start to see how Saturday is going to pan out already. RBB wankers come to town but instead of trashing the place they're on their best behaviour. At the match they unfurl a large "Harry We Love U" banner while the rest of us are waving "Keep The Red and White".

News media lauds RBB wankers for their support for Harry while at the same time lambasting us for being small minded about saving our colors when there was a big event at hand. Hope this doesn't come true.

There seems to be a lot of them coming too Melbourne for the game,if Ticketek is anything to go by.

They`ve sold out bays 32,33,34,35 and half of bay 36.It said the next best for away active is Bay 36 row J.

It's actually a pretty big game for WSW so not surprised really. If they lose it's likely they will at least lose second spot but quite easily they could end up fourth and out of ACL. They could even end up as low as sixth if they are really unlucky! 

So for this game I know the club is planning on doing some sort of tribute to Harry, but are we??? Not necessarily for him playing at heart but for his career. I think down the track he will always be remembered for where he finished his career, it'd be nice that we have something for him like a banner. And it looks good for our supporter base as well.

Not that I'm privy to the inner workings of the RBB, but I've heard they're bringing quite a large number, and the away bay allocation on the Ticketek website alludes to this, too. 

Someone more in the know would be better off confirming, though.

Parole Officers OK with them heading interstate?

• Like 1