Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby XII - 7:45pm 1st March AAMI Park

GreenSeater

Loved waving off all the vicmongs leaving straight after the Kewell goal.

Yarraside was a little flat tonight but the last 15 min things kicked off again.

Benny G motm for me.

Yeah, we gotta get the "is there a fire drill?" Chant going next time there is a mass exodus by the scum

The send off:

14m5rts.jpg

ajp2e1.jpg

nq3ifk.jpg

xoeaac.jpg

I actually wasn't sure about it when I saw it (I was behind the Heart bench, and the replays shown were completely unhelpful), but it was a bad shirt pull, a bad foul, and with it happening in that part of the pitch I don't think there can really be any complaints.

• Like 2

Things really went according to plan. It's almost shocking how well things went to plan, and that there were no surprises (quality coaching perhaps?). Pressing, good keeping of possession, and not settling for a 1 or 2 goal lead. A very good night of attacking football, with a great team performance. I'm pretty sure everyone made useful contributions: Engelaar with the first goal and a great overall game, Ramsay with the good cross for that goal, Dugandzic getting the second goal and setting up the third, Williams getting the third goal, Garuccio being an impressive LB, etc etc etc.

Great coaching. JVS deserves massive praise for this performance and our turnaround, and it was good to see him get a fine reception from Yarraside.

Really looking forward to the remaining games, and I reckon we'll roll on with the good performances.

• Like 2

can anyone recall what row the guy playing the drums (matty) was is in? i was sitting in the row infront and need to workout what row i was in because i want to press charges against a fellow 'melbourne heart fan' during an incident that happened to me tonight. im absolutely fuming 3 hours on.

what happened?

Who lit the flare down our end too? Why do people still risk it.

i heard the guy got caught, i lol'd, idiot/10

The guy the police took for the flare did not rip it 100%.

Very cool and nice guy and didn't deserve the excessive bullshit he copped for something he didn't do.

• Like 1

Did anyone see which clown lit the flare? We are the Heart not Victory. We support the best (the only) team in Melbourne and don't want to get labelled as "football hooligans". Maybe we should think about policing our own area.

I think that is a great idea, the better job we do of it the more ACG will need to justify why they are there

• Like 2

Not bad but we should have scored more. Ramsay keeps crossing square balls right in front of defenders, a waste of time and real low percentage football. Hoffman was solid defensively but still offers little going forward and this decreases our width in attack. Engelaar, Murdocca and Germano were great in midfield although Engelaar and rogic were a class above the rest of the field. JVS please keep Willo as a striker, I and many others have suggested this all season, it's his natural position. 

Tactically JVS destroyed Muscat, long may Muscat reign in the MV job. The real test for us will come next week though, away to Newcastle where we have never won.

I agree with everything you said except Williams.

He's not a starting 11 player, no matter where he plays.  He makes too many bad decisions (nearly another Berisha type moment), has a heavy touch and his finishing is unpredictable.

IMO the club should cut him at the end of the season.

We need a true finisher as a striker.

Yes, he needs to improve his decision making and his consistency, but you can't discount his 10 goals either. I think that he's actually been more consistent since JVS returned, now that he has a decent coach he has a chance to work on his decision making. 

Got searched for flares twice, did lol that somebody snuck one in xD

i felt violated getting touched up. My Mrs was disappointed they refused to pat her down.

Anyhow flare guy was 2 rows from me but I was to busy looking at the hot chick in front of me. My bad.

• Like 1

10-0 in last 3 games! Patty G to return, maybe start Gooch on the wing and interchange him with Aziz, not a big fan of Ramsay. We have equal best goal difference of the teams fighting for finals which is half a point. We could of won the league this year :(

I have to say that the thing that pleased me most about last night - including the four goals and generally shit victory performance, was that it actually felt like a home game. Looking around the stadium last night was the first time I reckon we have played them that there seemed to be as much red or even more than there was blue (or road works yellow)

As the game went ours that became increasingly so.

Watching them take troisi and Thompson off as well wasn't half bad.

Was a very pleasant night

• Like 5

can anyone recall what row the guy playing the drums (matty) was is in? i was sitting in the row infront and need to workout what row i was in because i want to press charges against a fellow 'melbourne heart fan' during an incident that happened to me tonight. im absolutely fuming 3 hours on.

Did I throw a chip at you? :) sorry if I hit you.

Not sure exactly but roughly row F?

Great game. Police / ACG a joke. Cops were searching under the black tarp for flares prematch. But the thing that really pisses me off is the way they herd us all like animals after the match, restrict how we get out and the path we can take. Doesn't happen I'm any other sport in Australia.

Thought yside was decent tonight. Good atmosphere is the heart end.

Anyway, victory can eat a dick. Melbourne is red and white!

• Like 3

Did anyone see which clown lit the flare? We are the Heart not Victory. We support the best (the only) team in Melbourne and don't want to get labelled as "football hooligans". Maybe we should think about policing our own area.

I think that is a great idea, the better job we do of it the more ACG will need to justify why they are there

If a flare gets ripped just tip your beers/water on it. If those responsible don't feel like heros for doing it there is a more likely chance it will stop.

I helped out with the distribution of Schip Happens and walked in to Bay 16 with a White Bag - The Police swooped on me like a Peado outside Kindy school , " Have you got flares ?" they said.

I couldn't think of a sarcastic reply instantly , within a few seconds an Italian Dude must have seen & heard them and shouted to The Ol Bill  "yeah he's a Hippy leave him alone" 
:) :) 

• Like 1

Great result, and some really good moments. But still plenty to work on, because we should have wrapped the game up much earlier than we did.

Lovely little cameo from Kewell, capped with a great goal.

Garuccio covered in another thread, but on the other young players:

- Nice to see Archibald get a few minutes at the end. After a slightly nervous start he settled quickly. 

- Who was the young goalkeeper throwing himself around during the warm-ups?