Melbourne Football

Members Survey - 2014

Tommykins

Not having to book a seat for home derby should be top priority for GA members. Everyone should mention keeping club colours

Definitely keep club colours.

Reserved seating for Derby's is a pain for us all, but it's in the best interest of the club...all seats will be allocated, more revenue, often leads to success. I think it needs to be communicated better upon taking out the m/ship. Alternative is to turn up 3hrs before the game, to avoid a Victard taking my allocation.

Keep Red and White

More merchandise (Forgot to mention long sleeve jerseys :/ )

Cheaper food/drinks

I mentioned L/S jerseys, and jerseys with lettering/numbers.

Along with club colours I also mentioned the crest as being important to me. Not so much out of concern that we'll lose our current one but that whatever we have as the crest of this club moving forward should be something all the members/supporters can feel proud of.

• Like 1

I hope as many of you as possible use this opportunity to get your voice heard, In particular about sensitive questions ..I expect that soon some bright young executive will sit there and break it all down into a report that (along with other surveys and stuff) might be a basis for decisions this very summer.

But there will be lots and lots of similar stuff, perhaps not like this exactly but similar in some ways.
Basically it all boils down to "How can we keep you happy and spending money on the club" of course, the advantage now is that these guys have been in the top end of the business for decades and catered to the "hard to impress" followers of English and Spanish football successfully.

• Like 1

Disappointed there wasn't an option to select club name in the question that asks you to list the three most important aspects of Melbourne Heart.

Anyways made the point elsewhere strongly, that I did not want the club name, colours or logo to change.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 3

So this is the first official involvement of the new owners? Already doing what our friends in Manchester said they would. Will try and do the survey tonight . Red and white my main issue at this point. Quality of football next, then youth development.

Maybe, but this isn't the first time a survey like this has come out. Very similar to last year(s) though with a couple of current questions.

Survey has made the news.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/melbourne-hearts-new-owners-quiz-fans-on-clubs-future-and-potential-brand-changes/story-e6frf4gl-1226836375936

Melbourne Heart’s new owners quiz fans on club’s future and potential brand changes

MELBOURNE Heart’s new owners will soon have a clear feeling of its members on a ­potential name and colours change following the club’s sale to Manchester City.

A survey has been sent out to members asking about match-day experience, digital habits and membership satisfaction, before delving deeper into their thoughts about the future direction of the club.

Responses to five questions in particular will give the ­owners a clear idea as to how fans feel about the takeover, including:

HOW favourable are you ­towards the new ownership?

DOES the change in ownership make you more or less likely to purchase a membership next season?

DO you think this change in ownership will have a positive or negative impact on the club’s success?

Another question on the survey, being done in conjunction with La Trobe University, asks members which three aspects of the club are most important to them.

They are asked to choose from a list that includes the crest/badge, colours and kit ­design, mascot, style of play, on-field success, commercial success, marquee players or having Socceroos at the club.

“We are conducting a survey of Melbourne Heart FC members to find out more about how we can provide you with even greater services and experiences in season 2014-15,” the survey’s introductory statement reads.

Melbourne Victory surveyed a select group of its members and fans this season about their experiences and preferences for Etihad Stadium or AAMI Park.

Heart’s clash with Victory at AAMI Park on Saturday night is set to be the last derby in its current guise before Heart’s new owners set about laying the foundations for change during the off-season.

After MHFC Holdings Pty Ltd registered “Melbourne City Football Club” as a trademark on January 16, a name change appears a foregone conclusion — although a team of the same name, based in South Kingsville, wants to protect its identity by keeping its name — but the issue of ­colours is more clouded.

Manchester City players wear sky blue outfits, but Heart’s red-and-white stripes are a good contrast to Victory’s navy blue.

One suggestion has been that the club play home games in red and white and have a sky blue away kit, although that also poses issues as Sydney FC wears those colours.

Football Federation Australia did not close the door on a potential rebranding of the club when the takeover was announced last month.

There are other "stakeholders" that will have their input as well.. Sponsors, local partners, the league itself just to name a few.

If for instance clubs like Victory and Sydney oppose the idea of another blue team it will carry weight, surely the guys behind Storm will also have an opinion?