Melbourne Football

Members Survey - 2014

Tommykins

As others have mentioned, it's mostly the same survey they've done a couple of times before. As a guage on people's attitudes to re-branding, it doesn't go very far at all.  

Normally I wouldn't click colours and uniform as one of the important things about my club because you normally take it for granted that it will never change. But with the current circumstances, I felt I had to.

The new part of the survey asked about attitudes to the takeover. And at this stage, my attitude is very positive. As a current member, it doesn't affect my likelyhood of buying a membership next year. However, the main issue I had with the survey was that if all of colours/name/badge were changed, it would make me less likely to buy a membership. And there wasn't really any way of expressing that in the survey.

• Like 1

im sure this is an old admin survey and ManCity probably wont take over completly until the end of the season. I think that they wont budge on the name but will have wiggle room with the colours, for example we may be white and red rather than red and white if that makes sense

im sure this is an old admin survey and ManCity probably wont take over completly until the end of the season. I think that they wont budge on the name but will have wiggle room with the colours, for example we may be white and red rather than red and white if that makes sense

Why on earth would they do that? It would make no difference. We will either keep our current colours or change to Man City blue. There won't be an inbetween.

Why on earth would they do that? It would make no difference. We will either keep our current colours or change to Man City blue. There won't be an inbetween.

What I ment was is the wiggle room we have regarding the name and the colours is that they change the name but keep the colours

ive now received a second survey to complete !!! 

There's a second one?

Nah, Same one ( i think, didn't bother to open ) 

Staff are great at the Heart eh, some havent received one yet 

Yep top notch. I get mine all the time but sometimes they send duplicates or send 2 separate emails  :droy:

As others have mentioned, it's mostly the same survey they've done a couple of times before. As a guage on people's attitudes to re-branding, it doesn't go very far at all.  

Normally I wouldn't click colours and uniform as one of the important things about my club because you normally take it for granted that it will never change. But with the current circumstances, I felt I had to.

The new part of the survey asked about attitudes to the takeover. And at this stage, my attitude is very positive. As a current member, it doesn't affect my likelyhood of buying a membership next year. However, the main issue I had with the survey was that if all of colours/name/badge were changed, it would make me less likely to buy a membership. And there wasn't really any way of expressing that in the survey.

Agreed - I didn't really see the "heavy hand" of the new owners in the survey. Sure there were questions about attitude to the change, but it would have been ludicrous to run a members' survey at this time and not mention the takeover, which is, I'd say, the biggest thing to happen to the club since it was formed.

I'm not an insider, but it's not clear to me just how much the new owners are poking into the everyday affairs of the club. AFAIK there haven't been any changes in administration structure or personnel. I'd imagine that some overall directives have been given, so that decisions are not made that are in direct conflict with what City want to do in the future, but other than that it looks as though any changes for 2014-15 will take place at the end of our season.

My view is that the first things City will want to do is set the club on the football path they wish to take for sustained success in Australia and Asia. I doubt that there's much debate about those. The "branding" issues are the contentious ones with supporters, and I don't see City rushing to do things that really won't affect what happens on the field and in the club but will certainly alienate a large group of supporters - I just don't see any advantage for them to do that. 

Like you Sash I found certain sections of the survey inadequate for what I wanted to say. There was one place where there was room to add some comments, so I used that to make points that I couldn't make elsewhere, even though they weren't related to that particular section.

Overall I though it was much better than previous surveys - and it didn't break down half-way through - but in the future I'd really like a space for additional comments on every section, and also a "Not relevant to me" option on each question.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

Was I the only cunt that just went to town on that fucken pre game announcer in the survey....

His first line

WELLAGOODAFTERNOONTOYOUALLANNNNDDDDDDWELCOMETOAAMIPARKFORTHISHUGECLASHBETWEENOURMELBOURNEHEARTANDBRISBANEROARRRRRR

fucken hell, chill bloke...

And not to mention.....

OOOHHHHHHHHEEEAAARRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTIIIICCCCKKKKKEEERRRRRRRRR

is it just me or does everyone get that little bit embarrassed on the inside...

• Like 6

I don't recall seeing the results of the previous surveys - certainly not expressed in statistical terms - and it will be interesting to see whether members see anything from the present survey.

It always frustrates me to take part in this sort of thing only to find that the results are never published in any reasonable form.

We have just over 7,200 members, and for starters I wonder how many of those have actually taken part.

• Like 1

Was I the only cunt that just went to town on that fucken pre game announcer in the survey....

His first line

WELLAGOODAFTERNOONTOYOUALLANNNNDDDDDDWELCOMETOAAMIPARKFORTHISHUGECLASHBETWEENOURMELBOURNEHEARTANDBRISBANEROARRRRRR

fucken hell, chill bloke...

And not to mention.....

OOOHHHHHHHHEEEAAARRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTIIIICCCCKKKKKEEERRRRRRRRR

is it just me or does everyone get that little bit embarrassed on the inside...

I don't know about being the only c***, but I told them to get rid of the embarrassing artificial enthusiasm.
  • Like 1