Melbourne Football

R12 - MHFC v Wellington - Friday 27th Dec - 7.30pm

Caddy

Need to lose this

No we don't Dylan.

We need to win but probably won't.

We are braking all the wrong records at the moment which will stay with us for many many years if not for ever.

Management and players will come and go

Those demoralizing titles will stay

It won't matter down the line, when we finally achieve success.

Just look at the Swans in the AFL! They didn't win a game for 2 seasons in the early 90's!

When we finally broke the longest drought ever in the AFL, (72 years) it was all worth it regarding the years of disappointment.

Nobody regards the Swans as soft nowadays, do they!

Having extra money in the salary cap helps

Need to lose this

No we don't Dylan.

We need to win but probably won't.

We are braking all the wrong records at the moment which will stay with us for many many years if not for ever.

Management and players will come and go

Those demoralizing titles will stay

It won't matter down the line, when we finally achieve success.

Just look at the Swans in the AFL! They didn't win a game for 2 seasons in the early 90's!

When we finally broke the longest drought ever in the AFL, (72 years) it was all worth it regarding the years of disappointment.

Nobody regards the Swans as soft nowadays, do they!

Not too many current Heart supporters will be around in 72 years time...

• Like 1

Out.

Work has changed my roster so now there's no way I can go the game and get back home in time for work, absolutely spewing as this will probably be our first win  :(

Just go tot he first half - get in as much football and Heart as you can!

I did that last season when I had a wedding - went to the church, went to AAMI Park for the first half then went to the reception from there! haha

A-League: What to look out for in round 12

Wednesday 25, 2013

Paul Connolly

[...]

A Christmas Miracle

After Wellington’s win over Sydney FC last round the Melbourne Heart remain the only winless side in the competition. Considering that you’d think it fair enough that John Aloisi’s position has been questioned by Mark Bosnich and many, many others, but you can understand Aloisi bristling all the same. He’s found himself painted into a corner and he’s aggrieved. And so he should be. The brush is in his hand. What will be interesting to see, however, is how he reacts should the Heart beat the Phoenix at AAMI Park on Friday night (hey, it’s not that unrealistic, and it is Christmas, a time of miracles – the main one being that we don’t all kill each other in the lead up). So many coaches (and players) in similar situations act as if that drought-breaking win (or century, or goal, or try, or whatever) has put paid to any criticism. But it’ll take more than one swallow for Aloisi’s summer to be proof of anything, so perhaps he’ll avoid this well-trodden path and recognize that there will be a lot to do yet. But of course I’m getting ahead of myself. The Heart have to win yet. The thing is, I’ve a feeling in my waters that this week is the week (and if I continue to say this every week then eventually I’ll actually be right). The Heart were much better last week than the 0-3 scoreline suggested, and Kewell will benefit from the hit out, while the Heart will further benefit on Friday night from Patrick Kisnorbo not being around to get himself sent off. The Phoenix, meantime, facing the Heart for the first time this season (Adelaide and Perth have already played each other three times!) will miss the unlucky Paul Ifill, and their recent busy schedule might well catch up with them.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/25/a-league-what-to-look-out-for-in-round-12

Edited by Murfy1

Nick Kalmar backs Melbourne Heart as John Aloisi and club face a must-win A-League assignment

David Davutovic   Herald Sun   25 December 2013

MIDFIELDER Nick Kalmar believes Melbourne Heart is a much better team than the A-League ladder suggests and is adamant his teammates can turn their season around and launch a late finals assault.

Bottom-placed and winless Heart faces a must-win game against bellow battler Wellington Phoenix at AAMI Park tomorrow night with coach John Aloisi under mounting pressure to keep his job.

Kalmar said he admired the way Aloisi had handled the intense scrutiny, adding that it was time for the players to start repaying their coach who's persisted with a similar team since Round 1.

"He (Aloisi) has handled it really well, that's something I admire about JA. If he is under pressure he's never shown that to us,'' Kalmar said.

"He fronts up to every training and has stayed positive and kept encouraging us ... and it's time for us to start winning and performing.

"We all have to stand up and I really think that we have the squad that can turn it around.

"Everyone knows how important (the Wellington game) is. It's no secret we're on the bottom and haven't won a game but I firmly believe our squad is a lot of better than the table reflects.

"It may not look that way but I think a win would do wonders for the whole club. Hopefully it can be this weekend and it can really start something.''

Kalmar, who scored a fortuitous goal in the 3-1 derby loss to Melbourne Victory, will start his third consecutive game having impressed as a holding midfielder.

The 26-year-old is confident he can play a role in a Heart revival.

"I tore my calf in pre-season and it set me back, but I've got my fitness back and I feel I can run out 90 minutes and play a part for the team,'' Kalmar said.

"I've played the No. 10 role most of my career at Heart and maybe it was a fact of not being fit enough and various other reasons, maybe immaturity, but I feel I've grown as a person and footballer and my fitness is at the best level it's ever been.

"I'm glad for the opportunity he's given me and I'm ready to play that deeper role and help drive the team forward.''

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/nick-kalmar-backs-melbourne-heart-as-john-aloisi-and-club-face-a-mustwin-aleague-assignment/story-fnk6pqot-1226789809631

Edited by Murfy1

Like I said, we're going to go through 23 of these, one for each senior squad member.

If these players are actually saying these things, then they are delusional.

MIDFIELDER Nick Kalmar believes Melbourne Heart is a much better team than the A-League ladder suggests and is adamant his teammates can turn their season around and launch a late finals assault.

"We all have to stand up and I really think that we have the squad that can turn it around.

Nicky, the table doesn't lie 11 games in to the season. The coach is crap, the team is crap, the game plan is crap.

Seriously, half if you blokes wouldn't recognise diplomacy if it hit you fair and square in the face.

What exacty do you think nicky us going to say?

"We are shit and most of us should be sacked?"

Turn it up, a) that is a worst case scenario for the club when players question the clubs authority publicly B) he would be in that risk group of getting sacked and c) why piss your coach off in public unless you're untouchable.

Some of you take things way too literally here, just think about the impact of shit players say publically these days

Sheesh, it's Xmas. Somebody get me a beer

• Like 3

Like I said, we're going to go through 23 of these, one for each senior squad member.

If these players are actually saying these things, then they are delusional.

Nicky, the table doesn't lie 11 games in to the season. The coach is crap, the team is crap, the game plan is crap.

fixed.

• Like 2

A-League: What to look out for in round 12

Wednesday 25, 2013

Paul Connolly

[...]

A Christmas Miracle

After Wellington’s win over Sydney FC last round the Melbourne Heart remain the only winless side in the competition. Considering that you’d think it fair enough that John Aloisi’s position has been questioned by Mark Bosnich and many, many others, but you can understand Aloisi bristling all the same. He’s found himself painted into a corner and he’s aggrieved. And so he should be. The brush is in his hand. What will be interesting to see, however, is how he reacts should the Heart beat the Phoenix at AAMI Park on Friday night (hey, it’s not that unrealistic, and it is Christmas, a time of miracles – the main one being that we don’t all kill each other in the lead up). So many coaches (and players) in similar situations act as if that drought-breaking win (or century, or goal, or try, or whatever) has put paid to any criticism. But it’ll take more than one swallow for Aloisi’s summer to be proof of anything, so perhaps he’ll avoid this well-trodden path and recognize that there will be a lot to do yet. But of course I’m getting ahead of myself. The Heart have to win yet. The thing is, I’ve a feeling in my waters that this week is the week (and if I continue to say this every week then eventually I’ll actually be right). The Heart were much better last week than the 0-3 scoreline suggested, and Kewell will benefit from the hit out, while the Heart will further benefit on Friday night from Patrick Kisnorbo not being around to get himself sent off. The Phoenix, meantime, facing the Heart for the first time this season (Adelaide and Perth have already played each other three times!) will miss the unlucky Paul Ifill, and their recent busy schedule might well catch up with them.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/25/a-league-what-to-look-out-for-in-round-12

We didn't lose 3 - 0 but who really gives a shit anyway

Seriously, half if you blokes wouldn't recognise diplomacy if it hit you fair and square in the face.

What exacty do you think nicky us going to say?

"We are shit and most of us should be sacked?"

Turn it up, a) that is a worst case scenario for the club when players question the clubs authority publicly B) he would be in that risk group of getting sacked and c) why piss your coach off in public unless you're untouchable.

Some of you take things way too literally here, just think about the impact of shit players say publically these days

Sheesh, it's Xmas. Somebody get me a beer

You're quite correct.

Don't take my post too literally.

I'm simply saying that as well as everything else this type of PR is also meaningless crap. If Aloisi said there's a man on the moon the players would back him up. It's the players' equivalent of Munn's "...working hard to achieve, we believe."

I think I'm living in the real world. MHFC isn't.

Edited by jw1739

Same old bullshit.

Melbourne Heart FC Head Coach John Aloisi has labelled tomorrow night’s clash with Wellington Phoenix as a "must-win" for the Red and White.

“It’s a big one; it’s must-win for us,” Aloisi said.

“We have to start winning and this is an important one and we feel we can beat Wellington.

“We know that they are a decent side; they’ve got some good players that can make a difference, but we are confident we can win on Friday.”

I like this article

Aloisi arrives at coaching judgment day

Ben McKay

December 26, 2013

John Aloisi has called it a must-win match for the Melbourne Heart and it may also be just that for his A-League coaching career.

Already three points adrift at the foot of the table, a home loss against second-bottom Wellington Phoenix on Friday night would effectively end the Heart's season before the halfway mark.

It could also spell the end of the road for Heart coach Aloisi, who hasn't secured a win since February.

It really is a match the Heart should win.

They started the better against Melbourne Victory last week before being reduced to 10 men, and were acknowledged by opposing coach Frank Farina as the better team in their loss to Sydney FC the week before.

On paper, Wellington look the ideal opponents at such a critical stage, with just one win from 11 games this season and now without veteran forward star Paul Ifill, lost to a long-term achilles injury.

But at Melbourne Heart, winning just doesn't come naturally.

And their record is tough to defend, even if recent performances have not yielded the points they have merited.

In the wake of his side's 3-1 derby loss to Melbourne Victory, Aloisi suggested his board would not act on a single result but he must know a loss to the Phoenix could leave them feeling they have no choice but to let him go and start afresh.

He has again dismissed the notion of walking away from the position.

"I'm not a quitter. I love this job," said Aloisi on Thursday.

Aloisi said there had been no discussions about his role following the derby defeat and his players still had confidence in their mission.

"The players still believe in what we're doing and that's the main thing," he said.

"(They) still want to show that we can be a force this year and that's why morale's still high."

Aloisi can again call on captain Harry Kewell after swelling on his knee from a knock in the derby match subsided.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8776381

Questions are slowly getting tougher. Questions included (paraphrasing): 'what was the fallout' to another disappointing loss, 'has there been any discussions about your coaching career at Heart' and 'do you attribute it [the Kisnorbo send off] to bad luck'? A number of the questions are tame, like 'did you break a mirror? Why are you unlucky every game', but even these questions, that go along with the narratives that Heart espouses, pretty much expose how ridiculous Aloisi's answers are.

The questioning reflects the stage of football maturity of the football media. Most media reports are game reports without analysis. Those analysts that we do have are mates (rudan) or ex-team mates (Foster) and don't want to damage the career of (in a parallel universe) a promising young coach. The cruel irony is, that they are damaging his career by not asking questions and putting pressure on the board to move him on to a level where he can learn and succeed. I'm surprised that there is little media pressure on the Board and CEO though

• Like 3

We are fucked either way. But yes, a small part of me does want aloisi to remain winless this season so the idiots who gave him the job will suffer for every second he is coach.

Fuck the idiots who gave him the job, how about us fans?

If you have not gone numb to the feeling of watching horrible football then you can't have been watching Heart play for all that long

The players get a day off, and a relaxed training session at AAMI park...! Not bad for a team at the foot of the table, and a winless record that is a joke..

JA stated that himself and the players put pressure on themselves.. It can't be to much pressure WE ARE WINLESS..

How are we going to beat Wellington?? For us Losing has become a habit :(