Melbourne Football

R12 - MHFC v Wellington - Friday 27th Dec - 7.30pm

Caddy

The players get a day off, and a relaxed training session at AAMI park...! Not bad for a team at the foot of the table, and a winless record that is a joke..

JA stated that himself and the players put pressure on themselves.. It can't be to much pressure WE ARE WINLESS..

How are we going to beat Wellington?? For us Losing has become a habit :(

Are u suggesting that they should have trained on Christmas Day

I just can't come at the idea of wanting my team to lose no matter what that might then trigger. My number one preference is we win against the nix this week and win all our games there after as well and nothing will ever change that.

as an aside; I think we all know now too - win, lose to draw, JA is going nowhere 

• Like 3

The players get a day off, and a relaxed training session at AAMI park...! Not bad for a team at the foot of the table, and a winless record that is a joke..

JA stated that himself and the players put pressure on themselves.. It can't be to much pressure WE ARE WINLESS..

How are we going to beat Wellington?? For us Losing has become a habit :(

Well, given our diabolical performances and position on the table, perhaps if the coaches and players were really serious about actually winning, yes. I wouldn't say that players in Australia are overworked. Many leagues around the world have a full programme of matches over the Christmas/New Year period.

I just can't come at the idea of wanting my team to lose no matter what that might then trigger. My number one preference is we win against the nix this week and win all our games there after as well and nothing will ever change that.

as an aside; I think we all know now too - win, lose to draw, JA is going nowhere 

One sobering thought is that even if we do win, it has to be by at least six clear goals to move above Phoenix on the table.

And if we don't win tomorrow the season is as good as over.

The players get a day off, and a relaxed training session at AAMI park...! Not bad for a team at the foot of the table, and a winless record that is a joke..JA stated that himself and the players put pressure on themselves.. It can't be to much pressure WE ARE WINLESS..How are we going to beat Wellington?? For us Losing has become a habit :(

There is only one way to become successfully and that is to work harder than your completion...

The players get a day off, and a relaxed training session at AAMI park...! Not bad for a team at the foot of the table, and a winless record that is a joke..JA stated that himself and the players put pressure on themselves.. It can't be to much pressure WE ARE WINLESS..How are we going to beat Wellington?? For us Losing has become a habit :(

Are u suggesting that they should have trained on Christmas Day There is only one way to become successfully and that is to work harder than your completion...

Wrong.

Couldnt agree with you more mate. I've been saying that for ages myself.

You know what my preference would be??

Aloisi turns it around, we go on an awesome run and push ourselves back into the top 6 and Aloisi ends up being a success manager for us.

Not saying its gonna happen, but i think the bloke loves the club and wants it to go places so id be happy for him to be the man to be the one that took us to where we wanna be, but from what we've seen, that aint gonna happen.

Edited by [LIBBA]
  • Like 1

There is only one way to become successfully and that is to work harder than your completion...

I hope your not for real here?

Did you work on Xmas day??

Are u suggesting that they should have trained on Christmas Day There is only one way to become successfully and that is to work harder than your completion...

I did. Not that I think the players or coaches should have been training

I dont see though how a team with zero confidence would benefit from training on Xmas Day.

Worried about this one, Nix have looked good in recent weeks. We have looked ok. Hopefully this doesnt end up like the Sydney game at AAMI earlier in the year.

Worry is but a distant memory. I miss the days of worry. It meant that we really had 'every' chance to win the game. Not that we can't win or anything, but now I prepare myself for a lesser result from our team.

I dont see though how a team with zero confidence would benefit from training on Xmas Day.

I wish they were forced to train Xmas day, might have given another reason for the players to revolt against the coach. 

Need to lose this

No we don't Dylan.

We need to win but probably won't.

We are braking all the wrong records at the moment which will stay with us for many many years if not for ever.

Management and players will come and go

Those demoralizing titles will stay

It won't matter down the line, when we finally achieve success.

Just look at the Swans in the AFL! They didn't win a game for 2 seasons in the early 90's!When we finally broke the longest drought ever in the AFL, (72 years) it was all worth it regarding the years of disappointment.

Nobody regards the Swans as soft nowadays, do they!

Not too many current Heart supporters will be around in 72 years time... The legacy will remain.

I can't see how training harder will really help. If they don't get JA's game plan by now they never will, and if it's JA's game plan that sucks then training harder isn't going to help. Really they should probably take some time off and have some fun really. Do some team bonding and try to enjoy themselves. It's probably going to piss fans off, but we are pissed anyway. The more pressure they put themselves under the worse they will do. I'm not saying they should run around the pitch giggling, but we have two major problems with the team, JA's game plan and mental problems with the players. Can't fix JA's game plan, but maybe it might help getting the players heads right so they don't keep shitting themselves and making dumb mistakes. 
Also it's the quality of training rather than the amount. 

We know who will be starting:

Mifsud                        

Williams       Kewell           Dugandzic

Murdocca   Kalmar

Behich Wielaert  Gerhardt   Hoffman

Redmayne

I'm interested who will make the bench. The remaining players are:

- Velaphi

- Ramsay

- Mebrahtu

- Vrankovic

- Garuccio

- Mauk

- Migliorini

(Two to be omitted)

I'd like us to drop Ramsay and Migliorini, and give Garuccio and Mauk a spot on the bench, and a 20 to 30 minute appearance each. But unfortunately Mauk and Garuccio seem to always be the 2 players who get omitted...

With the news of a pending takeover, I now think everyone can cheer Heart on and hope for a win, because I think the new owners will replace Aloisi after the takeover, because most new owners replace the coach to stamp their authority and influence on their new club.

So I think we can get the best of both worlds, a win tonight and hopefully a good performance, and new ownership that will almost certainly replace Aloisi and maybe some other club staff in the near future.

• Like 1

We know who will be starting:

Mifsud                        

Williams       Kewell           Dugandzic

Murdocca   Kalmar

Behich Wielaert  Gerhardt   Hoffman

Redmayne

I'm interested who will make the bench. The remaining players are:

- Velaphi

- Ramsay

- Mebrahtu

- Vrankovic

- Garuccio

- Mauk

- Migliorini

(Two to be omitted)

I'd like us to drop Ramsay and Migliorini, and give Garuccio and Mauk a spot on the bench, and a 20 to 30 minute appearance each. But unfortunately Mauk and Garuccio seem to always be the 2 players who get omitted...

With the news of a pending takeover, I now think everyone can cheer Heart on and hope for a win, because I think the new owners will replace Aloisi after the takeover, because most new owners replace the coach to stamp their authority and influence on their new club.

So I think we can get the best of both worlds, a win tonight and hopefully a good performance, and new ownership that will almost certainly replace Aloisi and maybe some other club staff in the near future.

Would love to see all three young boys start but its a shame JA is a one trick pony, with a trick that hassnt worked for almost a year. Just keeps on flogging that dead horse.

Cant think of a third horse analogy

God damn aloisi, Mauk and Garuccio are overlooked again so dreadfully out of form Ramsay and Migliorini are in the matchday squad.

Anyway, the squad should be good enough to beat Wellington at home. I'm looking to see us actually play with a midfield, and for Kewell and Mifsud to link up even more, as they looked pretty good in the first 20 minutes last round.