Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

It's painful waiting for this sale to go ahead, but it's probably a sign that Heart's incoming owners aren't fools, and they know what they are doing. Doing due diligence, taking their time and researching Heart's history and potential just makes sense, given Heart's up and down 4 seasons. So when Campbell and co. take over the club, they'll know exactly what they're in for, and they'll have a good idea what they have to invest in to improve Heart.

I'm confident the sale the happen soon enough.

What would be the point of a sale halfway through the season.  Maybe finalise it in the last month of season so they know where everything stands and able to work the night of a last game.

Actually the sale can happen at any time BUT the new owners can take posession at some time in the future - very much like buying/selling a house. You buy the house but only take possession at a time in the future (60/90/120 days) when settlement happens that is the final transfer of monies take place. So if an in principle agreement has been reached then the new owners are probably haggling over the price of the curtains but in the mean time may be assembling a new management team, coaching team, etc.

Ferran Soriano, CEO of Manchester City, said: “We are excited about the opportunity to make Melbourne Heart one of the most successful football clubs in Australia and throughout the region. We believe the strong sports culture of Melbourne combined with the football and commercial expertise within our consortium will make for a powerful combination both on and off the pitch”.

How about that.. QUALITY!!!

• Like 1

Hope to hear something first week of Feb I have been told tonight. Don't take that as gospel but positive

Lol.

Anyways not about to jump up with joy just yet. Still very little known about who exactly this group is, whether they will continue with the same community programs, whether they will keep us playing at AAMI, whether they will keep the same colours and most importantly whether they will keep up the good relations the previous admin established with active supporters.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 4

Hope to hear something first week of Feb I have been told tonight. Don't take that as gospel but positive

Lol.

Anyways not about to jump up with joy just yet. Still very little known about who exactly this group is, whether they will continue with the same community programs, whether they will keep us playing at AAMI, whether they will keep the same colours and most importantly whether they will keep up the good relations the previous admin established with active supporters.

^ This ^

I have a smile on my face but its so important that the Club's Identity needs to remain in tact.

However I cant really seeing the club changing to Sky Blue considering SFC are the Sky Blues and our City's rival wear Navy Blue.

• Like 2