Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

i like the idea of our lads training at city during the off season. or at least being used as witches hats for the city players

Lol owe you a like for this

FFS need more then 5 likes on a day like this!

Happy happy joy joy !

Edited by Jestr

In regards to 'identity changes': 1) Don't mind name change. Prefer Melbourne City to Heart, but dont really care.

2) Don't want a colour change. Already a team with sky blue, and our derby rivals have navy blue as their main colour. 

3) Want to stay at AAMI park, but I doubt this will occur and we will probably move to Etihad.

Regardless, this is still excellent news. Just hope Heart fans who support other English clubs don't leave.

Love the ability to share resources with Storm while having the financial backing of the City owners.

If this model doesn't grow the club and win championships, I'd be surprised.

4 years of mediocrity for this has been worth it.

I suspect most of the people told this news at Heart today, will be excited then realise they'll be sacked.

We won't go to etihad just because etihad also sponsors man city :droy:

It all depends on the lease we have signed for AAMI park. Does anyone know how long its for?

Obviously Etihad just have sponsorship rights at Docklands Stadium, but I'm sure they will consider it. Why wouldnt they, its all marketing to them.

• Like 1

Although this is all great news i hope we retain some independence. I think that 20% stake is probably there so storm owners run the club.

I think the 80% is a good idea as it doesn't leave a total control by a foreign entity

I also don't think they will change the colours as it might be seen as a little too much change regardless of how bad it is the club has history and one way to honour that is keep the colours and have the nick name the hearts

Edited by Dylan

I am so happy (together).

- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

- Shake up of the club

- Increased scouting

- Possibility of a W league team.

- Buyers are looking to expand into Melbourne as a sporting lanscape, linking fans from Storm ect, can only boost interest and membership.

- Wouldn't mind the city name change (shame for bloke who got heart tattoo though).

- Must keep red and white colours.

- Get Nike on board.

- Surely won't play at Etihad despite the name. AAMI parks is #1 football venue by far.

- Hope they treat the yarraside well. continue to work with active.

- Simon Hill will love us.

- ya ya ya ya ya toure will surely come out here.

- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In regards to 'identity changes': 1) Don't mind name change. Prefer Melbourne City to Heart, but dont really care.

2) Don't want a colour change. Already a team with sky blue, and our derby rivals have navy blue as their main colour. 

3) Want to stay at AAMI park, but I doubt this will occur and we will probably move to Etihad.

Regardless, this is still excellent news. Just hope Heart fans who support other English clubs don't leave.

My preference is to retain the Heart identity -- I don't mind a change to Melbourne City as long as we retain our red and white -- I feel no ill will towards Man City and feel we can only become stronger with the alignment -- however I hate the Melbourne Storm with a passion and if we change to purple and gold with a pathetic lightning bolt it will make it very difficult for me to like the 'changed' club. 

Let's buy Vic park and make it Heart of Melbourne stadium! Have fun in Wellington Gol Gol!

As in Victoria Park in Carlton? Excellent idea. Would include great area for a training base. You mean in collingwood right?

Won't happen collingwood has it's vfl team there and we all know what Eddie is like when someone tries to push around collingwood

The only really available ground is windy hill. Glenferrie has too many planning and heritage issues around it and there is no room too it's surrounded by houses

Edited by Dylan

Pretty excited. Opens a lot of doors and makes us an attractive club to be at as a player, coach or supporter again. Actually gives our current members a reason to sign up for next season other than just hope.

Can't see us leaving Aami for Etihad for a sponsor that isn't even ours. That's just stupid. The only change that may happen here is that Etihad just buy the naming rights to Aami park causing mass confusion for sportsgoers across Melbourne.

Really like Melbourne City as a name, and I think it is what the club is angling for with it's positioning anyway. Also players well with Victory being "Victoria" and City being the actual City part. Surely we will retain our colours, I don't believe Man City are buying us to become a mini me and I'm sure they are smart enough to realise making us the same colour as Victory isn't a smart idea. Although it would shut up all those people that have a cry over the whole "but so happy together says the skies will always be blue, this is an outrage".

Really excited about the prospect of a large investment in the infrastructure associated with the club.

Certainly changes our outlook on what we hope to achieve in the near future, almost completely throws the idea of a slow burn rebuild out the window.

Now to hope they deliver in a way that doesn't take away from the things we love about the club.

There's now a Fox Sports video on this site.

Have a look. Says a lot of good things about the future. And I think it largely puts to rest worries about a change of identity.

This is not really about a change in ownership - it's about embracing a new philosophy and a new paradigm. Listening to the City people you know they've put a lot of thought into us and our future.

Sidwell & Co. have done us proud in the end.

Edited by jw1739

Let's buy Vic park and make it Heart of Melbourne stadium! Have fun in Wellington Gol Gol!

As in Victoria Park in Carlton? Excellent idea. Would include great area for a training base. You mean in collingwood right?

Won't happen collingwood has it's vfl team there and we all know what Eddie is like when someone tries to push around collingwood

The only really available ground is windy hill. Glenferrie has too many planning and heritage issues around it and there is no room too it's surrounded by houses Yes in collingwood! Train station right out the front!

Eddie doesn't have Oli money like us though.

There's now a Fox Sports video on this site.

Have a look. Says a lot of good things about the future. And I think it largely puts to rest worries about a change of identity.

I am hard at the conclusion of this...

They've done their HW, studied the market, devised a plan ... this is going to be amazing! 

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

The only really available ground is windy hill. Glenferrie has too many planning and heritage issues around it and there is no room too it's surrounded by houses

Sorry, all this excitement is sending blood to the wrong places. 

I was referring to Princes Park in Carlton.

3. We need to keep playing at AAMI (unless we were to build our own ground)

Don't think they'll be investing that much money mate! AAMI is a beautiful ground to play at regardless.

Neither do I, but I just wanted to put in there to negate any smart ass that came along and said what if they built a new ground

• Like 1

Caddy are you fkn drunk?!! We just got bought by city! And your worries are our colours? Man we almost folded first year in! Let these money hungry football minded Arabs do what ever the fuck they want! P.S bey bey Murdoca, you've got no chance in a city style middfield!

Lol. I don't know about you, but I couldn't support a Man City transplant into Australia, unless it respects our albeit short history. Otherwise it's not the same club I've been supporting for 4 years.

Their CEO has said they will respect our history though, so I hope they do just that.

• Like 1