Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

:hkpalm:

With our name change now official maybe it is time to change our walk out song. Dare I suggest Paradide City.

Where the grass is green......

Whats our current walk out song? :hkpalm:

SHT.........

multi quote

Atleast I am not having a go at people for not knowing our walk out song only to get it wrong....

Edited by malloy
  • Like 4

With our name change now official maybe it is time to change our walk out song. Dare I suggest Paradide City.

Where the grass is green......

Whats our current walk out song? :hkpalm:

SHT .........

:hkpalm::hkpalm:

multi quote

Atleast I am not having a go at people for not knowing our walk out song only to get it wrong....

I was having a go at him as well, said multi quote because its going to piss off mobile users haha

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/06/new-york-city-fc-to-sign-gilardino/

New York City FC To Sign Gilardino Forza Italian Football are looking for NEW WRITERS, so if you are interested, click here for more info

Gilardino-Genoa1-300x217.jpgNext season North America’s Major League Soccer will see the debut of two new soccer franchises.

New York City FC and Orland City SC will both join the league as the twentieth and twenty-first teams inMLS, respectively.

NYCFC have already made waves by signing fromer Barcelona striker David Villa and are attempting to lure Chelsea’s Frank Lampard; and club have now set their sights on Serie A.

According to SportItalia TV’s Michele Criscitiello, the MLS new-boys have placed Genoa’s Alberto Gilardino high on their priority list.

Gilardino was left out of the Azzurri squad ahead of this year’s World Cup after finishing the season with 15 goals. The striker is apparently so disgusted with his omission from the Azzurri that he is ready to quit both Genoa and Serie A.

Gilardino is currently weighing two options with one in China with Guangzhou Evergrande coached by Marcelo Lippi and the deal with NYCFC. 

Gilardino was linked to MLS team Toronto FC last January, but his excellent form prevented a deal from being made.

giphy.gif

Edited by Libero
  • Like 2

How about an instrumental of California Love by 2 Pac and Dr Dre? Would be sweet if we could get active to sing along to the "In the City" bit.

Do we put our scarves up when Oakland is mentioned or Sacramento?

In the cityyyyyyyyy, the city of Melbourne would be pretty sick

Yeah totally......... if you're 12

How about an instrumental of California Love by 2 Pac and Dr Dre? Would be sweet if we could get active to sing along to the "In the City" bit.

Do we put our scarves up when Oakland is mentioned or Sacramento? In the cityyyyyyyyy, the city of Melbourne would be pretty sick

Yeah totally......... if you're 12

Yet I bet you chanted along to snoop dogg drop it like it's hot

Turn it up you Muppet

Do we put our scarves up when Oakland is mentioned or Sacramento?

That's why I said instrumental. The song would be perfect if not for that pesky Califorinia business.

Here's an opinion on our name change that may be of interest.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/legal-fight-over-8216melbourne-city8217-name-set-to-lose-expert-20140615-zs8ff.html?

If you want to follow what's happening with the application to trademark the new logo, here is the link.

http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon_details.show_tm_details?p_tm_number=1626860&p_search_no=1&p_ExtDisp=D&p_detail=DETAILED&p_rec_no=17&p_rec_all=17

Edited by jw1739

I think this is the point I was trying to make in an earlier post-

“It would be difficult to prove that the [suburban] club is trading and secondly that anyone is going to be confused or deceived,” he said. “Who’s going to be deceived? A few people; and that’s not going to be enough for a court.

“It’s going to be a tough one for them to win.”

When people hear of Melbourne City FC, who do they think of? The team that the Sheikh bought to represent the whole of Melbourne or the pissy club from South Kingsville with a population of around 1830 people spanning a few streets near Spotwood LOL.

I don´t really understand what South Kingsville MCFC hope to achieve.. It´s not like it would change anything for them even if they got the TM for the name.

If I was in charge of them I would try to get a deal with Heart that makes sure that it meant that they got a lot of goodies for free, calling in a lawyer against a global group sets you up for a long and expensive court case that you will struggle to win unless you got a solid case..

I don´t really understand what South Kingsville MCFC hope to achieve.. It´s not like it would change anything for them even if they got the TM for the name.

If I was in charge of them I would try to get a deal with Heart that makes sure that it meant that they got a lot of goodies for free, calling in a lawyer against a global group sets you up for a long and expensive court case that you will struggle to win unless you got a solid case..

They are just after money. Bringing in big lawyers etc shows (or gives the impression) that they are willing to fight it out in the long run. I am not too sure how these things work, but could a court order that neither team can use the name until it is all resolved? If that were the case then it is likely the amateur club are hoping to settle out of court and are pushing to make things as inconvenient as possible to ensure that city will take the easy option

They are just after money. Bringing in big lawyers etc shows (or gives the impression) that they are willing to fight it out in the long run. I am not too sure how these things work, but could a court order that neither team can use the name until it is all resolved? If that were the case then it is likely the amateur club are hoping to settle out of court and are pushing to make things as inconvenient as possible to ensure that city will take the easy option

I imagine they will be hiring a no-win-no-fee law firm, which there will be an abundance of wanting to have their 15 minutes of fame against CFG. 

It will play out similar to an unfair dismissal case:

*Employee is dismissed

*Employee takes on a NWNF lawyer

*Will cost company $15,000 to go to court to prove they were right to dismiss said employee.

*Law firm asks for $7,000 to drop the case out of court

Actually I'm not surprised at all.  I bet Man City have really pissed them off.

Here they are with a club name they established over 20 years ago, that gives them a lot of status beyond their league position and a world football power comes in and uses it.  Do they buy it off Melbourne City though?  No.  They offer some coaching assistance etc (something Heart would have given to pretty much anyone who asked to promote themselves in the community) and that's it.

Melbourne City just want to be paid out I reckon but I assume things fell down because they wanted a lot more money than Manchester were willing to pay.  The big problem for Melbourne City though is the legal fees will bleed them dry quickly and seeing as they forgot to trademark their name, their case might not be as strong as the average member of the public would think.  I don't think they deserve to have their name stolen though, so hope a settlement can be reached.

Here they are with a club name they established over 20 years ago, that gives them a lot of status beyond their league position and a world football power comes in and uses it.  Do they buy it off Melbourne City though?  No.  They offer some coaching assistance etc (something Heart would have given to pretty much anyone who asked to promote themselves in the community) and that's it.

Melbourne City just want to be paid out I reckon but I assume things fell down because they wanted a lot more money than Manchester were willing to pay.  The big problem for Melbourne City though is the legal fees will bleed them dry quickly and seeing as they forgot to trademark their name, their case might not be as strong as the average member of the public would think.  I don't think they deserve to have their name stolen though, so hope a settlement can be reached.

This situation that this club faces is truly ironic. They actually took over another and assumed their league position and as far as i recall their debts ground etc. In the late 80s early nineties Footscray J.U.S.T in the then NSL changed their name to Melbourne City J.U.S.T. Now 20+ years later after dropping down so many divisions this little chestnut pop ups. Irony!!!!

Surfing the web at all hours on behalf of the club more or less, reporting to the top brass what people say about things..Tweeting about games, players and stuff and upload pics and articles on Instagram and Facebook etc etc.

Makes me recall when Chris Neild started at Manchester City as the "social media guy", people assumed it was someones nephew with a bad haircut ... :lol:

Now they are a whole team! :unsure:

What a load of drivel..Melbourne City did not own the name they used it.  They didnot register it until after MHFC was bought so thought they might get to own the tradename but they were too late

How can someone steal something from you that nobody owns.  Clearly the court case will hinge upon who owns the name of Melbourne City nut also VERY VERY clearly Man City have done nothing wrong in this but if I was in a major city in the world and I belonged to a football team I would change the name to City and register it as these wont be the last purchases

To do a role like this these days a degree is crucial, social networking is the face of the brand. Whoever gets this job will be in charge of brand recognition, public engagement and crisis management.

I'm sure there will be a team of PR people, but with social networking having become the way of the future they really won't want to stuff this up.

It really isn't a job for any old person who can take a selfie and has used twitter once before haha.

Saying a degree is required is probably just a proxy to filter out useless people from the selection process. There probably are people without a degree with the skills to do it, but maybe only 10% of those are worth considering for the later stages of the interview process, whereas maybe 30% of people with a relevant degree are worth considering for the later stages of the interview process. It costs money to interview people, probably just not worth the cost of considering those without a degree.