Melbourne Football

MHFC vs WSW @ Parramatta Staduim on Sat 7/12/13 @ 5:30pm

cadete

Lol delusion with ev everything coming out of the club at the minute.

So the club continues playing us for fools. When will enough be enough? Kewell ' s whiplash and German's hamstring now calf. Just a joke.

Agreed.

No Walker, no Vranks.

HTF Dugandzic and Kalmar get selected is beyond me. They made nil contribution against Adelaide.

I've had enough. Aloisi must go.Totally agree.

Where is our youth? Where is the competition for places? Same names different positions and we have 3 points for the season.

This is the worst run professional sporting club I can ever remember. From top to bottom. From board to management to football department. Just an absolute poorly run club.

Aloisi, Munn, JD and Sidwell can all go as far as I'm concerned. Didn't you say you support Newcastle as well? You sure know how to pick em. I tell myself that everyday.

At least Newcastle has provided me with a lot of joy and entertaining football. The current ownership mirrors ours in a lot of ways. Drained the ambition from the club.

Ever been to St James Park? Best stadium in world football. Bar none.

This club is another two or three levels of crap in the way it's run.

Craven Cottage begs to differ

Not even best in London.

Wielaert is much more levelheaded than the write ups of that press conference let on. But at the same time, he is reasonably ambitious, and thinks we should be able to beat anyone in the A-League. Also, he mainly seems to think that our strikers should score (almost) every game because we create so many decent chances (as opposed to just thinking we have strikers good enough to score goals in every game).

IMO Wielaert and Murdocca are very plainspoken and levelheaded, and also pretty ambitious, which makes them a great counterweight to so many other pretty delusional persons at our club.

"The most positive thing is that we can improve a lot" RW says it as he sees it.

Melburnian, I was at St James Park and an Alan Shearer header from the edge of the penalty box hit the cross bar. The silence from the crowd followed by the noise from the ball hitting the woodwork ricocheting around the ground will stay with me until I die. Agree, brilliant stadium. And we were done 3-1.

I am looking forward to the game against WSW. We will either turn things around or else it will be a night of R&R, pizza and a few laughs at how bad we are. Surely this can't go on much longer.

• Like 1

Melburnian, I was at St James Park and an Alan Shearer header from the edge of the penalty box hit the cross bar. The silence from the crowd followed by the noise from the ball hitting the woodwork ricocheting around the ground will stay with me until I die. Agree, brilliant stadium. And we were done 3-1.

I am looking forward to the game against WSW. We will either turn things around or else it will be a night of R&R, pizza and a few laughs at how bad we are. Surely this can't go on much longer.

The noise oh that sweet noise. I've been there 5 times now and every time it leaves me breathless. Been to 14 countries and a shitload of stadiums, for me it's the best.

Dortmund would be the loudest. But oh St James is beautiful.

On our issue well things won't improve to an acceptable point unless change occurs. It's that simple. Until then it's going to be disappointment after disappointment for our fan base.

Has Macallister now broken Germano's record for longest time to return from a 2-3 week hamstring injury?

nahh still got about 3 months on him... 

btw where the fuck is Retre? deserves a spot. 

tbh im sick of these inconsistent and wasteful wingers. play a 4-3-2-1 plz

Melbourne Heart out to end to road woes at Wanderers, says John Aloisi

By Iain Strachan

John Aloisi claims Melbourne Heart will be playing to win away to Western Sydney on Saturday, despite his team's woeful record on the road and the Wanderers' imposing home form.

The Heart have not won a match outside Victoria since December 2011, while Tony Popovic's reigning premiers have only lost four times at Parramatta Stadium, and are unbeaten from three matches there so far in 2013-14. 

And while the A-League's bottom side are yet to claim a victory this season, Aloisi rejected any suggestions the pressure is off in this weekend's game. 

"No, we want to win," he said. 

"We're going there to get a result. We know it's going to be tough. We know that Western Sydney are good at home, but that second half has given everyone a boost (and the belief) that we can turn things around," he added, referring to Heart's recovery from 2-0 down to draw 3-3 with Adelaide United last Sunday. 

"We're looking for that as a platform, now we need to go on and do well. We're hoping that's going to turn the season around for us. 

"We're not going to be happy going there and not getting a result. We want to go there and get a win. The pressure itself is from us. Because we don't want to be where we are at the moment." 

Japanese marquee player Shinji Ono is back in the Wanderers squad after missing their 0-0 draw away to Wellington Phoenix last week through injury, and Aloisi is well aware of the threat posed by the veteran playmaker. 

"Yeah, we're expecting him (Ono) to be involved," he said.

"I'm not sure what Popa will do, if he will start him. I'm pretty sure he'll be involved. He's a top player ... he's got a great presence when he's out on the pitch. He can set something up that other players can't. We're expecting that he's involved. And if he's not, we know it's still going to be a tough game." 

Youssouf Hersi returned to action off the bench for the Wanderers last week, having recovered from a niggling foot problem which had kept him out since Round 3, with Heart's coach tipping the livewire winger to return to the starting XI. 

"I'm pretty sure Hersi will start ... Hersi showed last year what he can do," he said.

"With and without the ball he's dangerous. When he's got the ball he's so quick and direct.

And when he hasn't got the ball, he puts so much pressure on the players in terms of when he presses and chasing back. So he's a real handful for any opponent." 

Finally, Harry Kewell has travelled with the Heart squad as he nears a return to fitness, but Aloisi is yet to decide if the club captain will be available to play. 

"We have to see how he pulls up," he said. 

"He trained today, we'll see how he goes tomorrow. If he pulls up alright then he'll be in the squad. We're hoping that ... we can put him on the bench and hopefully he can play a part. 

"If he doesn't feel good then we'll have to leave it. It probably wouldn't be much more than 15 or 20 minutes if he does get on." 

There's a video of this press conference with Aloisi above this article in the link

Edited by Murfy1

Typical of the sorts of things Aloisi should NOT be saying:

We know it's going to be tough. We know that Western Sydney are good at home,

We're hoping that's going to turn the season around for us. 

we know it's still going to be a tough game

Hersi showed last year what he can do," he said.

"With and without the ball he's dangerous. When he's got the ball he's so quick and direct.

And when he hasn't got the ball, he puts so much pressure on the players in terms of when he presses and chasing back. So he's a real handful for any opponent." 

Aloisi is yet to decide if the club captain will be available to play. 

"We have to see how he pulls up," he said. 

"He trained today, we'll see how he goes tomorrow. If he pulls up alright then he'll be in the squad. We're hoping that ... we can put him on the bench and hopefully he can play a part. 

"If he doesn't feel good then we'll have to leave it. It probably wouldn't be much more than 15 or 20 minutes if he does get on." 

All cop-out statements.

• Like 2

Western Sydney Wanderers v Melbourne Heart: The Lowdown

December 7, 2013

Sebastian Hassett

Pirtek Stadium

Kick-off: 5.30pm

TV: Fox Sports 1

Radio: ABC Sydney (second half only)

Odds: Wanderers $1.36, draw $4.75, Heart $8.50 (Sportsbet.com.au)

Head to Head: Wanderers 4, Heart 0, drawn 0

Twitter: #WSWvMHT

FIVE TO WATCH

1. Youssouf Hersi (Wanderers)

Hersi managed 25 minutes against Wellington last week, and should be fit to start against the Heart in his preferred right-midfield position. It will be interesting to see whether his injured foot can last all night.

2. Rob Wielart [sic] (Heart)

There's still plenty of question marks on Wielart. The Dutchman has a fine pedigree - think PSV, Ajax and FC Twente - but at 34, maybe his standards have dropped. He has played every game but the Heart seem to leak goals every week.

3. Nikolai Topor-Stanley (Wanderers)

He has kept his place in recent times despite the coach mercilessly rotating Michael Beauchamp and Matthew Spiranovic. If he doesn't want to be involved in the defensive musical chairs, he simply must keep delivering.

4. Mate Dugandzic (Heart)

Such a tricky customer on his day, Dugandzic's consistency probably isn't what it should be for a player of his immense talent. Left the field after just 45 minutes last week - might give way for Harry Kewell this time if he's not firing.

5. Jerome Polenz (Wanderers)

Has been given a tentative pass to play and resume at right-back after injury. Might have some tricky battles with David Williams and Dugandzic as the night wears on.

THE KEY MATCH-UP

Shinji Ono (Wanderers) v Massimo Murdocca (Heart)

Shinji's back - and it couldn't come at a worse time for the Heart. The little Japanese maestro still isn't assured of a starting place as he returns from injury but if he starts, expect at least an hour of tricks. Murdocca might be a workhorse but defensive duties should be his priority.

IN THE DUGOUT

Tony Popovic (Wanderers)

He boasts the perfect record - four from four - over John Aloisi, and only a brave man would bet against the Wanderers this time. If anything, Popovic's fifth straight win over his friend could lead to Aloisi being sacked.

John Aloisi (Melbourne Heart)

No coach in the A-League has felt the heat like Aloisi in recent weeks, and a dramatic 3-3 draw last week barely eased the pressure. He surely needs another point here to keep the wolves at bay.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers-v-melbourne-heart-the-lowdown-20131206-2ywp6.html