Melbourne Football

MHFC vs WSW @ Parramatta Staduim on Sat 7/12/13 @ 5:30pm

cadete

Goal by wsw was at fault by our central defenders and migliorini. Btw Lol at the Hoffman haters. He's hasn't been great but has been good. Keeps the ball on the ground and has also pushed forward far more than gerhardt ever did. His only fuck ups have been when he has slipped. That's got nothing to do with ability. So many negative cunts on here, everything bothers them. Can u guys for once look at some of the good things were doing?

Main problem is we give too much time to our opposition on the ball. When we pressure them and give them less time we look pretty good.

Edited by n i k o

Aziz Man of the Match. Great defensive performance

Kewell looked great after coming on... Let's hope he holds up well and either starts next Sunday or at least plays 45 mins.

Once again Mifsud missed a great opportunity... It may have been a half chance but he should've put it away.

We could've conceded another 1-2 goals but defensively did what we needed to bar the equaliser.

EDIT: On a side note; is it me or do the RBB only have like 5 chants? So repetitive.

Edited by hakz7
  • Like 2

Very pleased to not lose for two weeks in a row. And looked at on its own, a point against WSW away is a solid, good result.

Pretty good first half. if we play that well weekly, we should stop being pushovers. In the main, we just did many little things right, and players like Behich, Murdocca and Kisnorbo played closer to their potential. It was a pleasure to see Behich play like he has in seasons past. And just in general our intensity was impressive in the first half, and if the players keep having a go like that I'll be much less critical of the players and coaches.

However, our intensity dropped after the WSW goal right at the end of the first half, and our second half was a level below our first half performance, with only a small bump in improvement after Kewell came on. Perhaps our tactics were exposed for being rather ineffective after our intensity dropped by that notch after the goal.

I'm just a bit weary that this is as good as it gets under Aloisi. Also, I was hoping to see the team try a bit more for a win in the second half, but we barely had a shot or two in the second half. When Aloisi is subbing off a striker for Gerhardt in the last few minutes, Redmayne is booked for time-wasting and commentators are calling a draw a 'massive result' for us, things aren't as they should be, and I believe we need to keep prodding the club to aim higher and achieve more.

Nonetheless, as I said, on its own a point away against WSW is respectable, for any A-League team really. Hopefully now we kick on and get some of that momentum that Aloisi has long said we'd have after getting a few points, and get a real solid win next week against Sydney in Sydney. Then I'll admit I've underestimated the coaches and some of our players, and I'll be heaping praise on Heart.

Edited by Murfy1

Disappointed with the boys tonight. Mooy, Spiranovic, and La Rocca had chances to bury it and bring this thing to a close.

Yes, we got a result, but the long ball rubbish along with the constant turn overs is consistent with what we have been putting up with since the start of last season. We were lucky not to go down by four goals. Apart from Redmayne and Mass, and Williams on occasion, who showed anything? We have quality players but I don't remember thinking take your time, which means they have not made space.

No, this was just another Heart away performance. Sorry to be negative as a number of you seem happy with the result, but this club still needs a big turn around. We have seen these false dawns before and the performances that follow. Change is needed now or this season will be a complete write off. These types of results only delay the inevitable and do nothing to forward the cause of MHFC.

• Like 3