-------------Migliorini-------------Murdocca------------------

---Aziz----------Kisnorbo---------Weilart---------------Walker

Please.

-------------------------Williams-----------------------------

Golgol-----------------Mauk--------------------------Dugandzic

Please.

Only one issue with that. the wanderers back 4 is way to good for Williams to play up front as he's unable to score from more than 7 yards in open play...

-------------------------Williams-----------------------------

Golgol-----------------Mauk--------------------------Dugandzic

Please.

Only one issue with that. the wanderers back 4 is way to good for Williams to play up front as he's unable to score from more than 7 yards in open play...

Fair point, I think we just need to try something different though, what we're doing just isn't working, bar 25 minutes against Adelaide.

would love a win here (obviously) 

Lets lose this 'record' we are making and turn things around. Would love Kalmar or Mauk to start CAM. Walker at RB. 

What did Kalmar do yesterday to justify starting a game of professional football at this level?

i'd suggest that the emerging trend of people insisting kalmar should play is an emotional choice rather than a rational one.

• Like 2

would love a win here (obviously) 

Lets lose this 'record' we are making and turn things around. Would love Kalmar or Mauk to start CAM. Walker at RB. 

What did Kalmar do yesterday to justify starting a game of professional football at this level?

i'd suggest that the emerging trend of people insisting kalmar should play is an emotional choice rather than a rational one.

The trend of insisting Heart should play is an emotional choice rather than a rational one. Come on you boys in red.

Big loss coming up to put Aloisi & Friends back in their places.

Feeling this tbh. Just like last season, we'll show signs of life at home, than go away and play like shit.

However, we can win the 'community awareness award' if we cancel the teams plane tickets, and use that money to donate to charity. We'll be frontrunners for sure :up:

WSW haven't been amazing by any stretch of the imagination this season, so call me delusional but I'm feeling pretty confident that we can win this.

We just need to plug the hole in our defensive midfield area maybe with Gerhardt (with Walker reverting back to RB) to add some steel into our midfield because all of Adelaide's attacks yesterday came straight through the middle, and with worrying ease. 

Lineup I'd like to see: 

Williams - Mifsud

Kewell

Murdocca - Migliorini

Gerhardt

Behich - Weilaert - Kisnorbo - Walker

Subs: Velaphi - Vrankovic - Mauk - Ramsay - Mebrahtu

WSW haven't been amazing by any stretch of the imagination this season, so call me delusional but I'm feeling pretty confident that we can win this. We just need to plug the hole in our defensive midfield area maybe with Gerhardt (with Walker reverting back to RB) to add some steel into our midfield because all of Adelaide's attacks yesterday came straight through the middle, and with worrying ease.  Lineup I'd like to see:                 Williams - Mifsud                         Kewell              Murdocca - Migliorini                       Gerhardt Behich - Weilaert - Kisnorbo - Walker Subs: Velaphi - Vrankovic - Mauk - Ramsay - Mebrahtu

Would like to see Migliorini play further forward but we need more width particularly against WSW then what your starting X| has.

WSW haven't been amazing by any stretch of the imagination this season, so call me delusional but I'm feeling pretty confident that we can win this.

We just need to plug the hole in our defensive midfield area maybe with Gerhardt (with Walker reverting back to RB) to add some steel into our midfield because all of Adelaide's attacks yesterday came straight through the middle, and with worrying ease. 

Lineup I'd like to see: 

Williams - Mifsud

Kewell

Murdocca - Migliorini

Gerhardt

Kind of like this.The battle with WSW will be won in the midfield where we have to nullify Oh-No and Mooy and then put pressure on their back four. Miss-fud should play off the shoulder of someone like Willo or GoalGoal where he acts to take defenders away or looks for a thru ball that splits the defence. He's main role should be as goal poacher just buzzing about in the front line but not as a lone attacker - he's not built for that IMO. And for FFS, if JA puts GoHard at right back we are fooked because they'll try to exploit that just as AU tried.

Lineup I'd like to see: 

Williams - Mifsud

Kewell

Murdocca - Migliorini

Gerhardt

Kind of like this.The battle with WSW will be won in the midfield where we have to nullify Oh-No and Mooy and then put pressure on their back four. Miss-fud should play off the shoulder of someone like Willo or GoalGoal where he acts to take defenders away or looks for a thru ball that splits the defence. He's main role should be as goal poacher just buzzing about in the front line but not as a lone attacker - he's not built for that IMO. And for FFS, if JA puts GoHard at right back we are fooked because they'll try to exploit that just as AU tried.

Yep, WSW's strength is in the middle of the park so if we set up against them the same way we did against Adelaide, we're gooooone. 

As for the lack of width, it's time to acknowledge that our wingers have had little to no effect all season playing under the current system so I'd much rather see our full backs in Aziz and Jezza (no doubt Hoffman will play though) push up the ground with Paddy G to screen and cover in preparation for a counter. 

But yeah, Mifsud and Williams are both forwards in my eyes who need to play off another forward to maximise potency, neither can play the role of a lone striker imo and with Harry (assuming he plays, but Mauk is capable too) providing decent service, we could well have a properly functioning side.

But truth be told, I've been playing far too much FIFA lately so I probably have no idea but the 4-2-3-1 just does not seem to work for us.

Kewell no certainty to return this week
By Ben McKay
18:09 AEST Tue Dec 3 2013

An ankle knock is proving hard to shake for Harry Kewell who is no certainty to return for the Melbourne Heart this week.

Kewell trained on the Heart's rest day on Tuesday as he looks to gain an extra jump on his recovery as the A-League club prepares for a key stretch of matches.

Kewell sustained a neck injury in round one and then an ankle injury in training just after declaring himself fit to come back in a round four clash with Western Sydney.

Heart have two games in Sydney - playing the Wanderers then Sydney FC - before another Melbourne derby and will be keen to have Kewell available to play some part in all three.

He was optimistically named in the squad for Heart's 3-3 draw with Adelaide on Sunday but pulled out on Friday.

After missing Heart's morale-boosting draw, Kewell has just 68 minutes of football in the red and white all season.

John Aloisi's forward line has drawn a complete blank this season - with no goals from eight games - making the availability of the veteran Socceroo keenly anticipated.

But Heart won't promote Kewell's return without an iron-clad guarantee of his fitness to save further embarrassment for both club and player.

Last weekend's goalscorers Andrea Migliorini and David Williams have shared Heart's six goals this term.

Edited by ThePolo

Would like to see Mauk, Garuccio, Mitchinson and Walker get a run. I know it isn't going to happen but I can dream. :)    

AR - JW - RW - PK - SMn - DW - MMa - AM - BG - GGM - MMd in a 442

or

AR - PK - DV - RW - DW - MMa - PG/SMk - AM - BG - GGM - MMd in a 352

Aziz and Mate are not the players they were.

• Like 2

3-0 loss.

JA will say we had alot of 'good charrnces' and a few errors cost us the game.. AGAIN.

Well for any team to go to Western Sydney and put them under that much pressure for the first 30 mins you know you're doing something right. With Kewell still out David Williams was played out of position again so we didn't have his finishing prowess up front and unfortunately luck wasn't on our side when Mifsud and Ramsay sprayed 2 clear chances again.

So yes we lost 3-0 in the end, but that doesn't do justice the pressure we put them under in that first half hour.

Would like to see Mauk, Garuccio, Mitchinson and Walker get a run. I know it isn't going to happen but I can dream. :)    

AR - JW - RW - PK - SMn - DW - MMa - AM - BG - GGM - MMd in a 442

or

AR - PK - DV - RW - DW - MMa - PG/SMk - AM - BG - GGM - MMd in a 352

Aziz and Mate are not the players they were.

media_xl_3976727.jpg

And this means?

I would encourage Migliorini to push forward a bit more and play ahead of Mauk and Murdocca, any chances he gets to go for goal. Quite often he doesnt chase back quick enough if we have turned over the ball which I think would further suit him and the team to the role. I see in Murdocca and Mauk a more defensive midfielder role due to capability to get up and down the pitch quickly and support both our defenders and forwards. I would play mifsud for the first half and if he is not perfoming I would sub him. In my mind golgol has well and truly deserved that right winger spot over mate. I see in williams and golgol two players with a lot of speed to use up our wings and that will be willing to take defenders on.

041213020531.png

Edited by n i k o

We have played WSW 4 times, and we have lost each game. In 3 of those games we lost by a goal, and in the other game we lost by 2 goals (WSW scored 3, but we pulled a goal back through a screamer from Golgol).

We pretty much get bullied out of these games, and I expect that to happen this weekend. I reckon we will probably lose this game more due to our lack of intensity compared with WSW, us not winning enough 50/50s and us not being physical/strong enough. In a game like this I don't think tactics will count for an awful lot, but I doubt our tactics would help us a lot if this was a tactical game anyway.

I was pleased with the effort we showed last weekend, but I don't expect us to follow up with similar effort, especially since we're playing outside of Victoria. And despite me being pleased with some things last round, I still think we're going in the wrong direction under Aloisi, and I think we'll be strongly reminded of this against WSW.

I would encourage Migliorini to push forward a bit more and play ahead of Mauk and Murdocca, any chances he gets to go for goal. Quite often he doesnt chase back quick enough if we have turned over the ball which I think would further suit him and the team to the role. I see in Murdocca and Mauk a more defensive midfielder role due to capability to get up and down the pitch quickly and support both our defenders and forwards. I would play mifsud for the first half and if he is not perfoming I would sub him. In my mind golgol has well and truly deserved that right winger spot over mate. I see in williams and golgol two players with a lot of speed to use up our wings and that will be willing to take defenders on.

041213020531.png

when watching the game last week, i came to the conclusion that Heart might be better off playing the three in midfield like you say but with a player (Mauk or Kalmar) sitting behind Murdocca and Migliorini.

ultimately that would mean dropping one of the three attacking mids, which also means;

(1) there is an extra option for playing it short outta the back so we can then build the play up more / actually play to the strengths of our players by playing the ball on the deck, and

(2) players can no longer just lump it long with the hope the number 10 role / player in the hole (ie Williams from the last few weeks) can pick the ball up the many times our short arse forward gets out jumped.

mind you, Aloisi seems to love the long ball so chances are nil that he'll change it

Neither mauk nor kalmar should play defensively behind murdocca and migliorini. Unless you meant to say in front??

I still think migliorini should be played in a more attacking role because he just doesnt get up and especially down the pitch quick enough. Have murdocca and mauk as defensive mids and migliorini as attacking mid.

3-0 loss.

JA will say we had alot of 'good charrnces' and a few errors cost us the game.. AGAIN.

Well for any team to go to Western Sydney and put them under that much pressure for the first 30 mins you know you're doing something right. With Kewell still out David Williams was played out of position again so we didn't have his finishing prowess up front and unfortunately luck wasn't on our side when Mifsud and Ramsay sprayed 2 clear chances again.

So yes we lost 3-0 in the end, but that doesn't do justice the pressure we put them under in that first half hour. Your baby must be born because you sound like suffering from sleep deprivation or worse you have been writing JA post game speeches.

"We pressed them so we deserve better"

"We created chances"

Hahahaha

We didn't score, they did 3 times.

We deserve what we got = nothing

• Like 1

Time for Petreski's call-up IMO, and I really wanna see Mauk start. Garuccio has also been in really good form running around with the kids.

I feel neither Gol or Dugandzic deserve a starting place, and are probably more deserving of place in the twos, considering there are kids in the waiting.

The team needs a real shake up, its been too much of the same with players keeping their places after consistantly shit performances.

Redmayne

Petreski - Wieleart - Kisnorbo - Behich

Migliorini - Murddoca

Mauk

Garuccio - Williams - Ramsay

B: Tando, Gerhardt, Kalmar, Mebrahtu, Mifsud

Willo in that false 9 role, and Benny Garrucio playing inverted on that RW, running riot against either shit cunt Heff or D'Appuzo.

Ramsay and Behich have started understanding each other a bit better in recent weeks, so hopefully they can continue to improve.

I reckon Wieleart and Patty K will come good as pair, but its a bit like that Beachamp/Colosimo partnership we had in S1, they are both leaders and similar CBs. Time will tell.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 2