Melbourne Football

Round 8 - Aloisi Farewell game: Melbourne v Adelaide, Sunday 5pm

LR9

The heading should read...."Farewell Melbourne Heart board and off field football department"....the whole lot should just disappear.

The damage has already been done....the crowd will be luck to break 2K.

The FFA should be asking questions and demanding answers as to why these muppets have allowed this club to be the laughing stock of the A-League and damaging the status of Melbourne as the sporting capital of the world.

Surely we can't lose to Adelaide?

After all, they are just practising this season.

They play a high line and play it with incompetence because they haven't learned how to organise themselves properly or can't carry it out in a game.

Surely we'll be able to get behind them and score goals? 

Surely we can't lose to Adelaide?

After all, they are just practising this season.

They play a high line and play it with incompetence because they haven't learned how to organise themselves properly or can't carry it out in a game.

Surely we'll be able to get behind them and score goals? 

If Aloisi is our coach we will lose and play shit, just like always. 

If we beat Adelaide next weekend then it says more about them than it does about us, win or lose changes need to occur all throughout the club.

This is the point. It's a mistake to over-analyse one particular game - win, lose or draw - analysis has to be done over a period to look at trends. Our trend is clearly downwards - any highs that we have now are lower than previous highs, and the lows are lower than before.

Yes the Board did make an error of judgement in the appointment of the present coach, but I don't think we can hold them accountable for everything that goes on on a daily basis. And yes, we might think that the Administration makes a few stuff-ups from time to time, but the issues are principally connected with what's happening on the field. Given that there has been a significant turnover in players and that at the start of the season many thought that we had a pretty strong squad, it's seems clear to me that the blowtorch needs to be applied to the football department.

• Like 2

I don't think that JA is telling the players to do all those mistakes at the back game after game.

Change JA nothing is going to change to the team,,,we still going to have same back 4 , we don't have anymore choice of players.

We need to stay positive ,lucky we don't have relegation.

• Like 1

Change JA nothing is going to change to the team,,,

Hmmm.  But we seemed to have the same problems last year, so we sacked half the squad.

I think this squad is good enough to compete but morale is now so poor it will take a while to turn things around.  Still the longest journey starts with a single step...

I don't think that JA is telling the players to do all those mistakes at the back game after game.

Change JA nothing is going to change to the team,,,we still going to have same back 4 , we don't have anymore choice of players.

Then palm hits forehead. First post .......................... ????? Troll. Cudos if true.

Tempted to get work off for this and make the drive just to be a part of the vitriolic backlash from the fans that's bound to occur.

We don't need vitriol, in fact we need to avoid it. JA still has his media mates protecting him, attacking the players now, next week we need to be sure that it isn't us. Just a clear message. It's about got to be about the message not about the people who deliver the message. I think that we need to support the team as we always do but with a huge banner that says 'you want us to believe, give us something to believe in'. I'm happy to pitch in $50 towards it.

• Like 5

I still think the board are looking to sell before having to make a decision that will lose them close to 1m.

And if he does get sacked, I expect Hayden Foxe to takeover for rest of year.

Foxe is part of the problem....

while i am not disagreeing with you, i struggle to think of one mistake that he is responsible for.

...except for the match day attire of course. 

Edited by nicotera5

Jvs got us to a final series. Surely he can caretake for the season

Anyone but JA!

No! Not anyone, the next appointment is absolutely crucial.

When I say anyone, I'm not trying to say bring in Jim Magilton. I'm just deeply frustrated that anyone can be better than JA!

Anyone but JA!

Bela, I agree. But we're not talking about the next "permanent" appointment. We're talking about a caretaker coach.

JvS is here and he could do it. Also Palatsides.

And my understanding is that the Cruyff organisation (for whom JvS now works) can and does provide coaches on an interim basis for whatever time period is involved.

So there are options.

A quarter of the season has gone. We're rock-bottom. A circuit breaker is required. NOW.

If we act now a new "permanent" coach can be in place before the end of the season to assemble the squad he wants for the next one.

• Like 2

We can't rush the next appointment, that's the worst thing we could possibly do.

JA needs to go and unless there is an amazing candidate just sitting there who is willing to correct this horrible mess then yes, there needs to be a caretaker implemented until we can find someone suitable of appointing to the role.

If the club panics, sacks JA and hires the first bloke that walks in for an interview we'll be stuck in this same mess for another 2 seasons (if we last that long).

Anyone but JA!

Bela, I agree. But we're not talking about the next "permanent" appointment. We're talking about a caretaker coach.

JvS is here and he could do it. Also Palatsides.

And my understanding is that the Cruyff organisation (for whom JvS now works) can and does provide coaches on an interim basis for whatever time period is involved.

So there are options.

A quarter of the season has gone. We're rock-bottom. A circuit breaker is required. NOW.

If we act now a new "permanent" coach can be in place before the end of the season to assemble the squad he wants for the next one.

yeah, let's get Cruyff :) . That would be some circuit breaker! If JVS is here to st up a youth academy then he should concentrate on that - that's our future

This has to be challenged - I can't believe I'm reading this.

How about trying Vrankovich, a national underage centreback?? How about playing Walker and building his confidence?? How about rebuilding Aziz?? How about trying anything at all when something's not working, instead of making the same mistake over and over again for 15 games. Postecoglu and Arnold are renowned for giving youth a chance on the proviso they do exactly as instructed or they'll be dropped. It's called being a manager in control With absolute authority.

But most importantly, how about stopping this long ball crap so the ball doesnt rebound rapidly like a pinball machine?? Fascinating to hear our national coach screaming from the bench against Costa Rica for his players to keep the ball on the deck. We just keep bombing away to midgets losing the ball time and time again, and guess what?? The ball rebounds cheaply putting our defence under immense pressure. Given a porous midfield, and unfit or lazy forwards who have no expectation to track back, the poor bastards are under siege.

This comes primarily down to coaching - authority and game plan. I'm hopeful, no expectant, that a serious manager could turn this around. But to keep stumbling along like this is madness - plain and simple.

...................................end rant.

Great post Defibrillator.

"John Aloisi: I can turn Melbourne Heart around

John Aloisi remains adamant he is the man to rescue Melbourne Heart's A-League season despite watching his team suffer yet another loss after going down to the Newcastle Jets on Sunday.

... The pressure is sure to mount further on embattled coach Aloisi this week, but the former Socceroos striker insisted he has what it takes to salvage the Heart's season.

"I (can) turn it around by making sure the players keep working, I keep working hard, the coaching staff, everyone at Melbourne Heart is working hard to turn this around because we're good enough to turn it around," he said. 

"Sometimes it's a little bit of luck (we need) but also make sure the players focus for 90 minutes, concentrate, believe in what we're doing. They are believing, just sometimes they're losing that concentration and making silly errors."

At http://www.sportal.com.au/football/a-league/john-aloisi-i-can-turn-melbourne-heart-around/1lpqnojnntczq1q9p63eg51pl1

My comments:

What we have in place is an unattractive game plan of boot it long football. 

What we have are too many players imo in a small squad who are at least one of these:

1. Injury prone.

2. Lazy

3. Or unfit -  just think of the times some players have hardly raised a sweat jogging after a ball booted to them that then goes out of play.

4. Lacking in concentration.

5. Not sure what they are meant to do on the pitch.

6. Scared of taking responsibility on the pitch.

7. Not up to A League standard.

• Like 1

"Sometimes it's a little bit of luck (we need) but also make sure the players focus for 90 minutes, concentrate, believe in what we're doing. They are believing, just sometimes they're losing that concentration and making silly errors."

Fuck I wish he would stop using luck as an excuse. Its insulting to us all. What next? Are we going to make the away teams walk out of the sheds under a ladder to even up the score?

• Like 4