Melbourne Football

TERRACE ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AUFC match dec 1

Braveheart

Basically, I want a positive result for you guys cause the whole situation has the stink of GCU, and Munn has nearly the arrogance & the cluelessness of Clive & co. I don't think we can afford to have another club like GCU - that is, in near-permanent crisis mode for one reason or another.

Obviously a large difference is a larger, more passionate fanbase, and hopefully that passion can pressure the club into better performance. It's not my place to interfere obviously, but it's pretty obvious that fan pressure hasn't done anything to affect the situation so far, so why would that change now?

I just wish you guys luck in affecting change before it's too late.

Basically, I want a positive result for you guys cause the whole situation has the stink of GCU, and Munn has nearly the arrogance & the cluelessness of Clive & co. I don't think we can afford to have another club like GCU - that is, in near-permanent crisis mode for one reason or another.

Obviously a large difference is a larger, more passionate fanbase, and hopefully that passion can pressure the club into better performance. It's not my place to interfere obviously, but it's pretty obvious that fan pressure hasn't done anything to affect the situation so far, so why would that change now?

Don't worry, we aren't a GCU. We aren't owned by Jabba the Hutt to start with, we are in a large sports mad city with enormous potential. Like GCU though we have owners with money who choose not to invest sufficient in the club, probably because they have little knowledge of what is required to run a successful sporting club. Hopefully they sell it to someone who does

Comparing Munn to Palmer :droy:

Think you have gone Troppo mate...

• Like 1

Comparing our board to Palmer's mob is going a bit far. We have made some major fuck ups and let things go on for far too long, but I dont think our club is that arrogant that they are going to dig their heals in until we die, like GCU.

It's not my place to interfere obviously, but it's pretty obvious that fan pressure hasn't done anything to affect the situation so far, so why would that change now?

Well thats the problem. There really hasnt been all that much fan pressure. Heart's fanbase are generally extremely optimistic, patient and willing to trust in the club even through bad times (to the point it is painful sometimes!). Well at least that has been the case up until the last month or so. Its started out as a few grumbles here and there and has steadily gotten louder until now, even the most delusional fan can now see that this is a complete piss-take. I think that the Heart board are about to find out just how much pressure their own fans can put them under.

Edited by KSK_47

Hope you get a result out of it, but Munn and co have consistently demonstrated they don't give the remotest shit what the fans think.

And how many pints at the pub have you had with munn? Oh that's right you're a Brisbane fan. I can't believe how close he is to the fans and he's willingness to help over the years.

But at the end of the day he isn't the boss. The main decision maker. He has people above him that he has to do the dirty work for. Think it's well unfair to blame him.

• Like 3

hi all, I believe that this silent protest is a good idea.

Point 1:

Then the mongs did a protests it was against the ffa/security after they stuffed things up themselves- all politics within the terrace. Idiots really. I was actually at the protest game and it was very funny because the south terrace still sang meaning it wasn't really silent and plus it meant nothing really to the club and thus they didn't take attention. Also that half many goals were scored by victory and members of there 'core' started yelling at those who cheered and were not part of their special violent group who took matters into their own hands.

Point 2: Our reason is clear to see, the club is going backwards- against our own ideals and motives.. If we did not protests, the  it would seem as though we are unaware of the injustices that are going on in our club. If we celebrate a goal (unlikely that it would happen) It shows that see short term solutions and forget about the big problems at hand.

I will be fully participating and will have passionate anger- Aloisi out

For those against it- remember how you feel when we lose, again and again. When we concede and know the game is over. When watching an away game and knowing we will not win. When the manager does not come and thank the fans. When the players do not commit and do not feel upset after the games. Just ask the players- how many would even know who the yarraside are?

Mediocrity has been accepted for too long. This is my team. My main team in all world football. I don't want to lose it and I am sick of wasting my time not being recognised by the club/team I love.

• Like 6

The club are well aware of the protest it seems.

From the newsletter:

"YOUR VOICE WILL RALLY THE TROOPS 

Sunday sees the visit of Adelaide United to Melbourne Heart FC with both teams searching for three points to kick start a winning streak up the Hyundai A-League table.  Make sure you're there to cheer on the boys in Red & White and make the most of the monumental game day experience."

The club are well aware of the protest it seems. From the newsletter:"YOUR VOICE WILL RALLY THE TROOPS Sunday sees the visit of Adelaide United to Melbourne Heart FC with both teams searching for three points to kick start a winning streak up the Hyundai A-League table. Make sure you're there to cheer on the boys in Red & White and make the most of the monumental game day experience."

You must have been a gun at finding Hidden Meanings in Eng Lit...

Edited by cadete

I hate the thought of going to a home game and hearing the opposition supporters out singing the home support - its Bollox.
Its bad enough when Visitors are there 

The one good thing that has come out of the last 2 years ? - Yarraside have kept supporting and kept singing .

Silence is a Nonsense 

Supporters have strong and conflicting views on this issue, as expected.

Just because the management has abandoned some of the core values doesn't mean we should follow them on here and slag each other off.

99% of posters would not be bothered to input if they didn't care what happens next.

Division amongst supporters is last thing we need

It's not what we are about

Edited by Jestr

Just because the management has abandoned some of the core values doesn't mean we should follow them on here and slag each other off.

99% of posters would be bothered to input if they didn't care what happens next.

Agree, we are all passionate about the club whether we are active fans or not, we need to be united with our message about what we expect from our club and players

• Like 1

99% of posters would be bothered to input if they didn't care what happens next.

Agree, we are all passionate about the club whether we are active fans or not, we need to be united with our message about what we expect from our club and players

The only thing I'm happy about in this whole affair is the level of passion I'm seeing. Bodes well for the future.

• Like 1

I don't agree with this silent treatment. I'm a regular in YS. I've designed and painted a few people's shares of flags and have been to the pub. I'd like to think I'm vocal enough in the terrace. I pimp this club out till I'm blue in the face and make friends unfriend me on Facebook.

I hope this is one of those times in hindsight that I say. "Wow! What the yS core did then was awesome".

First up, it's only for the first half. Once the terrace fires up in the second, it will be clear to the players and club that we are still behind them, but are not happy.

I'd also expect the terrace to be the most passionate it has been in the second half. No room for sponges when the club is on the line.

Secondly, I have complete faith that core will ensure that the protest is done in taste, and will effectively get the message across, whether that is through the use of message banners and other items or not.

However, for the protest to be fully effective, the terrace requires full co-operation from its members. If you won't do this, I personally think you should perhaps step away for at least the first half, and allow those who agree with the protest to do their thing. Don't ruin a collective view by hampering the message delivery, in favour of your personal beliefs.

• Like 1

It's Adelaide, there might be 17 away fans at AAMI Park this Sunday, at best!

There was probably x3 that amount here on the weekend for the Victory game.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure they couldn't all afford to stay another 7 nights in Melbourne so most of them would have gone back to their village.

I still think the clearest way to send messages to the club about the coach and how the club is being run is just to come out and say:

- 'We need a coach who's a winner'

- 'We need players to fight for 90 minutes'

- 'We need the board and management to take us forwards, not backwards'

Or messages to that effect. Just coming out and voicing such messages is the clearest and most unambiguous way to get points across, IMO. 

But as I don't have all the information about what's happening at the Adelaide match, I trust that these messages will sufficiently get through to the club. All supporters want these messages to be heard loud and clear by the club, and I reckon they inevitably will be come Sunday.

Ok Chaps, im with ya ... 
Still against silent protests and more against silence at football - but for the first half of this game I will.

The Second half Has to be the loudest  ever . 

i feel some singing and chants that bring out the spirit of what we believed in the club is in order 

This may be too late in the week, but the tune below I feel will give some lift to the supporters who stand around and occasionally chant along & encourage them to join in.

Im not a Chelsea fan, but i did visit the shed a few times in the early 80's as an away supporter & found the few thousand singing along to this tune moving .. 

The words are in the spirit of Melbourne and our team. ( obviously ive changed a few things to fit in with the Heart )

"Red & Whites the colour,

Football is the game.

Were all together, 

and Winning is our Aim.

So Cheeer us on through the Sun & Rain.

Cos Melbourne, Melbourne Hearts Our Name"

Visit CFC on you tube for an example ( ignore the Blue bit :)