Melbourne Football

TERRACE ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AUFC match dec 1

Braveheart

Do we have a say on this? Like a poll

They probably already polled the people who's decision matters.

I think someone said something last week. Sounds like they have thought about this for a while.

Edited by dRoy

While I agree that something needs to be done, is directly copying the tards something we want to do? Wouldnt a banner along the lines of "wont somebody think of the supporters/yarraside?" (Works quite well when said in maude Flanders voice), "enough is enough", "sack the board/aloisi out" etc get your point across much more than a silent protest where the majority of people not in the loop wont know the reason of the protest therefore making said protest rather pointless?

Dont get me wrong, I think what you guys do is great, I just reckon you could get your point across more directly and sternly with a strong worded banner

This was not a light hearted decision. It was discussed and debated for numerous hours. This is our way of saying that we are not happy. It is alot more respectful than booing the team or chanting Aloisi out.

In the second half we will be loud and proud of being MHFC supporters

• Like 5

This was not a light hearted decision. It was discussed and debated for numerous hours. This is our way of saying that we are not happy. It is alot more respectful than booing the team or chanting Aloisi out.

Quite frankly right now they need to earn our respect. Softly softly approach has gotten us this far, time to get some mongrel in us.

We are the worst team in Australia at the moment and I don't think anyone can question that. Our game plan relies on luck nothing more nothing less.

Don't really care about this "I didn't think we were like this" or "sack the silent protest" crap. It's about time the club finanlly understand we aren't happy about the mediocre performance that the club seems to dish up to our hard core supporters. We go week in, week out, giving up both our time and money. It's been 12 games without a win, picking up 2 points in that time. We have gone scoreless 5 times already (not including the jets game) this season, haven't scored in over 7 hours and on the verge of breaking the record for most away games without a win. Simply not good enough.

29kw0fp.jpg

Edited by Heart4Life

this ffs

its either a silent protest for a half, and going wild for another, or a whole game of chanting 'Aloisi Out.'

this ffs

its either a silent protest for a half, and going wild for another, or a whole game of chanting 'Aloisi Out.'

I vote for yelling "aloisi out" until our throats bleed!

Seriously though. I completely respect the cores decision.

• Like 1

I think that we need to continue to vocally support the team on the pitch in our usual way but clearly show our demand for change through tifos, banners etc. Silence is too ambiguous a message, we are demanding that the players don't give up, our silence may be construed as us giving up. We need to demand excellence from the players and excellence from the club, support the team. #aloisiout

• Like 2

I think that we need to continue to vocally support the team on the pitch in our usual way but clearly show our demand for change through tifos, banners etc. Silence is too ambiguous a message, we are demanding that the players don't give up, our silence may be construed as us giving up. We need to demand excellence from the players and excellence from the club, support the team. #aloisiout

We will be chanting in the second half.

sure but silence is no message or at very least a confused message, we are asking the players to try hard, we also need to try hard. Silence is not try hard, it'll be interpreted as 'given up'

• Like 2

sure but silence is no message or at very least a confused message, we are asking the players to try hard, we also need to try hard. Silence is not try hard, it'll be interpreted as 'given up'

I'm not gonna go into the logistics of what is planned, but our message will be heard.

If Aloisi is sacked before the match this won't go ahead, correct?

Will there be a banner displayed clearly explaining what is being protested against?

I have 100% faith the people in charge of making the decisions for the terrace will make the right ones. They do an amazing job and have continuously done so for some time now. Dont sweat it mate.

If only we could say the same for the ones making the decisions at club HQ.

• Like 3

As others have said before I'm totally confused by this. A banner or two calling for Aloisi's resignation is all you need. Direct the anger at the management of the club, silence however affects the players and fundamentally what fans turn up to see is Melbourne goals, taking away our twelfth man undermines that and the commitment to support the club every second of every match.  

The core can do as they please, their motives are more than valid and I respect that. I just personally don't agree with a silent protest.  

• Like 3

This is a ridiculous notion. This is worse than you lot not wearing your team colours yet calling yourselves 'core'! I've since come to terms with that, however I don't think I can come terms with this ridiculous way you want to send out your 'message'.

If you want to send the board or Aloisi a message, write it on a banner!

If you want a silent protest you do it for the first 10 or 20mins! We'll be lucky to get 6,000 to this game so staying silent for a whole half will suck whatever atmosphere is left...then even less people will come to the next game, even if we get a new coach!

If you want to silent protest for a whole half you will be doing more damage to this club than Aloisi is doing right now....who mind you will probably get fired after the Adelaide game anyway so this protest will be useless in regards to that outcome.

I agree with the majority, sack the full half silent protest. We are not Victory, we don't want to be like Victory so stop doing the same shit.

#AloisiOut on a big banner will have a much better effect and won't suck the life out of our home game.

Boffins and Bza I eagerly await your response :-)

• Like 2

This is a ridiculous notion. This is worse than you lot not wearing your team colours yet calling yourselves 'core'! I've since come to terms with that, however I don't think I can come terms with this ridiculous way you want to send out your 'message'.

If you want a silent protest you do it for the first 10 or 20mins! We'll be lucky to get 6,000 to this game so staying silent for a whole half will suck whatever atmosphere is left...then even less people will come to the next game, even if we get a new coach!

If you want to silent protest for a whole half you will be doing more damage to this club than Aloisi is doing right now....who mind you will probably get fired after the Adelaide game anyway so this protest will be useless in regards to that outcome.

I agree with the majority, sack the full half silent protest. We are not Victory, we don't want to be like Victory so stop doing the same shit.

#AloisiOut on a big banner will have a much better effect and won't suck the life out of our home game.

So to sum up you think that Yarraside not chanting for 45 mins will do more damage than not winning a game in 10 months and not winning an away game in almost twice as long?

No where was it said that we would or would not have message banners so stop making assumptions

All possibilities were debated with consideration given to effectiveness and execution.

A 45 minute protest will gain much more attention and pressure from the media than a message banner then going back to acting like nothing is wrong.

1. watch last week's home game.

2. fast forward to 93"17'

3. listen to a guy screaming at the top of his lungs for Aloisi to get out.

That one person, louder than everyone else (including YS) is not an atmosphere sponge mate, that's me who had enough of shit football. That's how I tell Aloisi to get out, by yelling it so he can hear me, not by sitting down and shutting up!

• Like 1

This is a ridiculous notion. This is worse than you lot not wearing your team colours yet calling yourselves 'core'! I've since come to terms with that, however I don't think I can come terms with this ridiculous way you want to send out your 'message'.

If you want a silent protest you do it for the first 10 or 20mins! We'll be lucky to get 6,000 to this game so staying silent for a whole half will suck whatever atmosphere is left...then even less people will come to the next game, even if we get a new coach!

If you want to silent protest for a whole half you will be doing more damage to this club than Aloisi is doing right now....who mind you will probably get fired after the Adelaide game anyway so this protest will be useless in regards to that outcome.

I agree with the majority, sack the full half silent protest. We are not Victory, we don't want to be like Victory so stop doing the same shit.

how can there be such a difference between 20 mins of silence and 45 mins of silence?

20 mins = ok?

45 mins = damage to the club?

Edited by yelawolf
  • Like 1