Melbourne Football

TERRACE ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AUFC match dec 1

Braveheart

Core, you should start thinking of something to do for our next home game (after AU match) if JA isn't sacked. There is a chance he'll stay because our board are tightasses and would lose even more money by paying him out. I guarantee we are running at a fair loss atm so that's why he's still on the job :(

I'm not speaking for the core, but they aren't waiting for next week... they have asked for everyone in active support to take action THIS weekend! In doing so, we as a whole, can show our displeasure with the current proceedings.

Rather than people acting holier than thou, on social media and the like, it would be in the best interest of everyone involved that these specific actions that have been asked by the hard working personal to be carried out without a hitch. 

I will be sitting in silence as per the specific system that WILL BE put in place. This does not, in any way, mean i am abandoning the club! In fact it's the opposite. Like the rest of the active support we voice or love and devotion to the club week in week out as opposed to sitting down and just watching. This time, for the first half only, we sit and stay silent as a sign of displeasure and a sign that change is needed. 

We all want the best for the club. And this is a physical presence that we will not stand for mediocrity. 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Core, you should start thinking of something to do for our next home game (after AU match) if JA isn't sacked. There is a chance he'll stay because our board are tightasses and would lose even more money by paying him out. I guarantee we are running at a fair loss atm so that's why he's still on the job :(

I'm not speaking for the core, but they aren't waiting for next week... they have asked for everyone in active support to take action THIS weekend! In doing so, we as a whole, can show our displeasure with the current proceedings.

Rather than people acting holier than thou, on social media and the like, it would be in the best interest of everyone involved that these specific actions that have been asked by the hard working personal to be carried out without a hitch. 

I will be sitting in silence as per the specific system that WILL BE put in place. This does not, in any way, mean i am abandoning the club! In fact it's the opposite. Like the rest of the active support we voice or love and devotion to the club week in week out as opposed to sitting down and just watching. This time, for the first half only, we sit and stay silent as a sign of displeasure and a sign that change is needed. 

We all want the best for the club. And this is a physical presence that we will not stand for mediocrity. 

Great post, but I hate the fact that people need to be told this.

What happens if we score in the first half

This event is so unlikely we don't even have to plan for it........

Just to piss us off they'll kick our way the first half and score 3 goals, i have to admit that if we kick 3+ goals its going to be hard to sit down

Kisnorbo to score from a massive header:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

• Like 2

What happens if we score in the first half

This event is so unlikely we don't even have to plan for it........

Just to piss us off they'll kick our way the first half and score 3 goals, i have to admit that if we kick 3+ goals its going to be hard to sit down

Kisnorbo to score from a massive header:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

am i the only one who sees that his sword magically appears in his other hand?

• Like 1

More than happy to comply with the silent protest.

I'm only in my first season on the Yarraside so I don't know a lot of you personally but it's clear to me that the core does a lot for YSide and the club in general, if this is what is deemed necessary then I'll definitely take part.

It's about time the board fucking paid attention to the fan.s

• Like 3

Is the second half going to be business as usual for yarraside or will some of the chants from the second half of the Sydney game come out?

Loved the lets pretend we scored a goal and you're getting sacked in the morning chants so I am hoping so!

Rip out a "Last in the league and we're 'avin a laugh" while we're at it

Could not believe the ga people who were shouting at the terrace for not singing but didn't participate in anything in the second half, fucking hypocrites.

Atmosphere sponges

I can understand their frustration with Yarraside's decision for the silent protest, but as you said, they never participate or get involved, so they can F off. It was the longest 45 mins of crap football that I've ever sat through in the first half which was made worse by our lack of singing. But I think our point was made and the second half was amazing. But the GA just sat back and watched it happen instead of standing and singing along with us.
  • Like 2

Could not believe the ga people who were shouting at the terrace for not singing but didn't participate in anything in the second half, fucking hypocrites.

Atmosphere sponges

I can understand their frustration with Yarraside's decision for the silent protest, but as you said, they never participate or get involved, so they can F off. It was the longest 45 mins of crap football that I've ever sat through in the first half which was made worse by our lack of singing. But I think our point was made and the second half was amazing. But the GA just sat back and watched it happen instead of standing and singing along with us. Was good to see some kids getting into it and really chanting. These were kids on the right of yside facing pitch.

Atmosphere sponges

I can understand their frustration with Yarraside's decision for the silent protest, but as you said, they never participate or get involved, so they can F off. It was the longest 45 mins of crap football that I've ever sat through in the first half which was made worse by our lack of singing. But I think our point was made and the second half was amazing. But the GA just sat back and watched it happen instead of standing and singing along with us.To be honest with you (and I mean this in the most respectful way possible) I see absolutely no right for any member of GA that doesn't participate in; chanting, singing, clapping - so on and so forth, to be frustrated at the choice of a silent protest. In what way does it affect them? To those who took part in any type of active support during the second half, well in and continue it on at every home game after this. Edited by CALZALOL