Melbourne Football

Round 6 v Sydney FC - AAMI Park Friday 16th

Mstrkrft

Unavailable: 4.Orlando ENGELAAR (Fractured tibia – long-term), 9.Dylan MACALLISTER (Hamstring – 3-5 weeks), 10.Harry Kewell (ankle – 2 weeks), 13.Jonatan GERMANO (Hamstring – 3 weeks), 17.Jason HOFFMAN (groin – 1-2 weeks) 24.Patrick KISNORBO (knee – 2 weeks).

Jonatan "Three weeks" Germano.

• Like 6

Fuck forgot that Mark Warren was suspended, he's in the Jason Hoffman category of spuds so it'll be shit for us that he's missing. However, anything less than a draw would be a dissapointment against these blokes.

Ha?

Less then a draw would be a dissappointment?

You are kidding..... Surely

Win only!!!!

Nothing else!

Unavailable: 4.Orlando ENGELAAR (Fractured tibia – long-term), 9.Dylan MACALLISTER (Hamstring – 3-5 weeks), 10.Harry Kewell (ankle – 2 weeks), 13.Jonatan GERMANO (Hamstring – 3 weeks), 17.Jason HOFFMAN (groin – 1-2 weeks) 24.Patrick KISNORBO (knee – 2 weeks).

Jonatan "Three weeks" Germano.

And he is probably still complaining to Argie that he is underpaid.

Edited by cadete

I was told Kisnorbo was out for 8 weeks the day after he got injured from a very, very reliable source. They said 2 weeks in the media but I'm backing that he might not play until around Christmas.

He had an artroscopy and a 'tidy up' rather than a major knee procedure, however given his history I'd think that 6-8 weeks would be prudent.

• Like 1

Fuck forgot that Mark Warren was suspended, he's in the Jason Hoffman category of spuds so it'll be shit for us that he's missing. However, anything less than a draw would be a dissapointment against these blokes.

Ha?

Win only!!!!

Nothing else!

You have to crawl before you walk son :P. If I go in with low expectations I can't be dissapointed, we might even score a goal but lets not go crazy

Edited by kingofhearts

Ha?

Win only!!!!

Nothing else!

You have to crawl before you walk son :P. If I go in with low expectations I can't be dissapointed, we might even score a goal but lets not go crazy Hahaha

JA sets low personal standards then constantly fails to achieve them

I was told Kisnorbo was out for 8 weeks the day after he got injured from a very, very reliable source. They said 2 weeks in the media but I'm backing that he might not play until around Christmas.

Why can't our club ever tell us what the fuck is actually going on with injuries, what good does covering up the lay-off time possibly do? 

It does nothing but frustrate the fans, that's what.

FFS I hate this lack of communication on injuries

The club clearly hides it. We get no updates and are left guessing until they are fit. Then the club promotes the shit out of the fact they're returning. Usually weeks after the original said return date.

We have no idea what's going on with minglorini. We know Kisnorbo is 1-6 weeks away lol and have NFI About Kewell, Germano or how Engelaar is progressing.

I'd completely forgotten about Kisnorbo somehow, he's due back this week or next, isn't he?

Aloisi said today 'Patrick Kisnorbo's coming along well. We were hoping that he might be available tomorrow [against Sydney], but he won't be. But he definitely should be available for the Newcastle game [next week]'.

Here's what Michael Lynch wrote today:

Aloisi may make one significant structural change on Friday by picking Nick Kalmar to start for the first time this season. The tall midfielder certainly offers something a bit different and is effective from set pieces. Kalmar is likely to fill the No. 10 slot vacated by Kewell, with David Williams, who has been playing there, moving out to a wide berth with Iain Ramsay on the bench. Mate Dugandzic could also be a contender for a starting spot.

"There is a good opportunity that Nicky might play. He's feeling good, he's feeling better, he showed that when he came on last weekend. Nicky gives us something different – he also has got those midfield runs into the box, he's good in the air and he's got a great through ball," Aloisi said.

"I am sure if he does play he can give a couple of passes through to Michael [Mifsud] or our wingers."

Aloisi believes Mifsud is ready to come good having had a couple of games to get used to his new teammates.

But the coach is not happy about the lack of support he gets in the penalty area, suggesting that Heart's wide men could offer more of an offensive threat.

"The new players are getting to understand our style of play and the players who are here are getting to understand the movement of the new players," he said.

"Michael Mifsud is getting better each game and will start scoring goals very soon. He will go on a good run because he's one of those players who is always scoring in training.["]

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/crunch-time-for-melbourne-heart-20131114-2xicp.html

I just looked through that squad again and realised that Retre is missing. After last week, that's astonishing. What on earth is going on?

Pretty sure when talking to him after the game he strained his calf during the match. Memory is a little sketchy though, made the most of pre match at the Imp.

When he was subbed he limped off.  I just assumed it was your typical sportsman with a "managed injury" but might be a little more?

Here's what Michael Lynch wrote today:

Aloisi may make one significant structural change on Friday by picking Nick Kalmar to start for the first time this season. The tall midfielder certainly offers something a bit different and is effective from set pieces. Kalmar is likely to fill the No. 10 slot vacated by Kewell, with David Williams, who has been playing there, moving out to a wide berth with Iain Ramsay on the bench. Mate Dugandzic could also be a contender for a starting spot.

"There is a good opportunity that Nicky might play. He's feeling good, he's feeling better, he showed that when he came on last weekend. Nicky gives us something different – he also has got those midfield runs into the box, he's good in the air and he's got a great through ball," Aloisi said.

"I am sure if he does play he can give a couple of passes through to Michael [Mifsud] or our wingers."

Aloisi believes Mifsud is ready to come good having had a couple of games to get used to his new teammates.

But the coach is not happy about the lack of support he gets in the penalty area, suggesting that Heart's wide men could offer more of an offensive threat.

"The new players are getting to understand our style of play and the players who are here are getting to understand the movement of the new players," he said.

"Michael Mifsud is getting better each game and will start scoring goals very soon. He will go on a good run because he's one of those players who is always scoring in training.["]

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/crunch-time-for-melbourne-heart-20131114-2xicp.html

Thank god that JA is reading the forums then, all us amateur coaches need to keep up the tips :P

• Like 2

So we've had Williams playing no.10 whilst Mauk is on the bench often unused. Now that Kalmar is back from yet another injury he is put straight into the starting line up.

Why not play Mauk from the start and then either bring on Kalmar who seems to struggle to play a full match at best of times or move Williams into the playmaker role if things aren't going well?

I like Kalmar and hope he tears it up, but I don't want to see him with yet another injury which will probably be the end of him at Heart (like Fred who helped him last season).

• Like 1