Melbourne Football

Round 6 v Sydney FC - AAMI Park Friday 16th

Mstrkrft

Has there been a reason given to Kalmar being taken off? Honestly did more in the first 10 minutes of the game than what Dave Williams did in the no.10 role all season. Played through balls to our wide players and Mifsud at least 5 or 6 times in that first half and then was taken off at half time, reason?

IMO most things have been said about last night so I won't repeat them. It's pretty obvious when we line up before the game that on average we are on average physically smaller than our opponents, and that is always going to count against us. We are too easily muscled off the ball. Redmayne OK but has no idea when it comes to penalties, so we're pretty much going to cop a goal every time one is awarded.There's not a lot wrong with our back four, except we're short on height with Walker and Behich.Retre was our star last night. Presents himself well, and doesn't need speed to beat his man - just does it with hip movement like a true midfielder should.Mauk is good too, and needs more game time.Dugandzic never in the contest. Would be knocked off the ball in an U-10 game.Kalmar never in the game. Painfully slow. So often fires the ball straight back to the player who's just passed it to him.Murdocca ineffective, poor defensive marking and tries too much on the ball. Likewise Golgol - has all the skills (and gets his head nicely on the aerial ball more often than not) but tries to beat three men instead of laying the simple pass.Williams - missing in action. Overall the team is a shambles. Anxious and tentative, and zero confidence. Refer to other threads for what is needed - a "circuit breaker."

Retre was shithouse misplaced passes and lost the ball while dribbling. Regarding kalmar, what would you have him do when he is given the ball with two players on his back, you expect him to make something of it? Of course he's going to pass it back, murdocca was a culprit of this in the first half, did it three times inside 5 minutes. Kalmar inside that first 15 minutes created more going forward than any other player. And while I agree regarding dugandzic being knocked off the ball, let's add walker in there cause he absolutely shits himself in any 50/50 contest.

Agree on Kalmar. In principle, he takes the ball and attracts two defenders. Plays a ball to a creative mid like Matt McKay or even Fred FFS who can exploit the gaps created with a pass. Last night , it goes back to Mass or Retre who take it side aways or back further.

Gol gol actually looked like he gave a fuck last night which was good.

No he didn't, and he is hopeless, and he missed far more headers than he won, ffs worst player in the team.

Yes he did, i watched the replay and unlike previous weeks he was actually running to space and fighting for the ball in one on one's. I'm not saying he played amazing by any stretch of the imagination but he actually was having a go last night. Can't say that about 90% of the team

Edited by kingofhearts

To some up the night my trains ran over a wheelie bin and cannot move. And I start work in 5 and a half hours. Wish I drank more.

Was it one of MH's wheelie bin?

Knowing us, Harry was in there and is now ruled out for a further few weeks.

I don't post often but I had to login just now to say that this is top-shelf stuff. Well done.

Edited by Total Eclipse

I think these are in order

that is so cute and awesome !!! One thing with football fans, at least they have a good sense of humour. We should scrap the heart go marching in music and play the benny hill theme tune

Now that is all class, the Germans have thrown out a challenge to us :lol:

be funny to have them on the wings also for when they pass back to the keep from the half way line hahaha

To some up the night my trains ran over a wheelie bin and cannot move. And I start work in 5 and a half hours. Wish I drank more.

Was it one of MH's wheelie bin?

Knowing us, Harry was in there and is now ruled out for a further few weeks.

I don't post often but I had to login just now to say that this is top-shelf stuff. Well done.

:D

I think these are in order

Genuinely lol'd at this, fucking brilliant! Was in tears when they started running across to follow the ball ahahaha, top sense of humour  :up:

• Like 1

If we are still this shit by Sydney away we will have to try it hahaha. There will be enough people and enough space to move around :P Hopefully we have scored before then though hahahaha. I'm not even mad anymore. I think I have gone passed that stage. It's got ridiculous !!

This is exactly how I feel ahahaha.

Things honestly cannot get any worse, all you can do is laugh at how shit we are  :P

• Like 2

enjoyed 'let's pretend we scored a goal.'

honestly got to the point where we could've done 'let's pretend we had a shot'

If place went off for a pretend goal, imagine the explosion of emotions when the real one goes in!!!

St. John's ambos better be ready.

If place went off for a pretend goal, imagine the explosion of emotions when the real one goes in!!!

St. John's ambos better be ready. Lol. Im calling for a pitch invasion to celebrate such a huge occasion

St. John's ambos better be ready.Lol. Im calling for a pitch invasion to celebrate such a huge occasion

Love that idea!

St. John's ambos better be ready. Lol. Im calling for a pitch invasion to celebrate such a huge occasion

Love that idea!

With huge giant arrows charging in to zone on the scorer ha !!

Watched the WSW v Victory game. Victory looked to be an organised unit under a guy that was a hack all of his life. Us on the other hand, look disorganized with a coach that was a good player.

He inherited a system and a team that works. The test for Muscat is when it's game time and it's tactics that need to win games and both times thus far he has failed

Watched the WSW v Victory game. Victory looked to be an organised unit under a guy that was a hack all of his life. Us on the other hand, look disorganized with a coach that was a good player.

He inherited a system and a team that works. The test for Muscat is when it's game time and it's tactics that need to win games and both times thus far he has failed

Could also look at the Wellington game when Wellington were coming really hard at the end of the game and Muscat had no idea

SYDNEY 4 - MELBOURNE 0

Anyone notice that both Sydney sides defeated both Melbourne sides in just the last two weeks?

Western Sydney Vs Melbourne Heart: 1-0

Western Sydney Vs Melbourne Visitors: 1-0

Sydney FC Vs Melbourne Visitors: 3-2

Sydney FC Vs Melbourne Heart: 2-0

Sydney Goals: 7

Melbourne Goals: 2

SYDNEY 4 - MELBOURNE 0

Anyone notice that both Sydney sides defeated both Melbourne sides in just the last two weeks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM

• Like 3

SYDNEY 4 - MELBOURNE 0

cant-explain-it-aliens.jpg