Melbourne Football

Round 5 v WSW @ AAMI Park Friday 8 November

Ando

Should flog the wsw chant this week

"Who do we want out?"

"We want Aloisi out"

If we're gonna mock one of their chants I want to do the Poznan when we score. Or in the 79th minute.

Would rather neck myself tbh :up:

Naaar Nah Nah Nah... :lawl:

Edited by cadete

I dunno, it would really piss off their fans. Who i fucking hate more that Victree fans tbh.

Then sing:

"We are Hearts FC, We hate the Tards and West Sydney..."

Always do  :up: . Also sometimes change the fuck em all chant to Wanderers from United.

Fair enough if you don't want to do it though, I just think it would be a big flick off to them.

Kewell return will make huge change: Heart

November 4, 2013 - 2:21PM

Sam Lienert

AAP

Melbourne Heart expect captain Harry Kewell to make a world of difference to their struggling attack when he makes his A-League return against Western Sydney Wanderers on Friday night.

Kewell, subbed off during the opening round with a whiplash injury, has not played since.

The Heart are on the bottom of the table, with losses in the past two rounds following two draws.

They have been scoreless in three of their four games.

Melbourne squandered a host of opportunities, particularly in the first half, in their 3-0 away loss to Brisbane Roar on Sunday.

Chief executive Scott Munn said Kewell's return at AAMI Park on Friday night could make all the difference.

"He'll be back this week playing against Western Sydney Wanderers on Friday night," Munn told Melbourne's SEN radio on Monday.

"If you saw the game yesterday, there was plenty of opportunity.

"To have Harry up the front there just finishing one of them off, it would make a different world for us."

While there had been speculation that Kewell's injury might be more serious than the club will admit, Munn said he trained fully last week and would definitely face the Wanderers.

"How about I guarantee you he plays this week," Munn said, when asked about the speculation

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/kewell-return-will-make-huge-change-heart-20131104-2wwfv.html

Audio of SEN interview here: http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Kewell-to-play-this-week-Munn/62411

Edited by Murfy1

Kewell return will make huge change: Heart

November 4, 2013 - 2:21PM

Sam Lienert

AAP

Melbourne Heart expect captain Harry Kewell to make a world of difference to their struggling attack when he makes his A-League return against Western Sydney Wanderers on Friday night.

Kewell, subbed off during the opening round with a whiplash injury, has not played since.

The Heart are on the bottom of the table, with losses in the past two rounds following two draws.

They have been scoreless in three of their four games.

Melbourne squandered a host of opportunities, particularly in the first half, in their 3-0 away loss to Brisbane Roar on Sunday.

Chief executive Scott Munn said Kewell's return at AAMI Park on Friday night could make all the difference.

"He'll be back this week playing against Western Sydney Wanderers on Friday night," Munn told Melbourne's SEN radio on Monday.

"If you saw the game yesterday, there was plenty of opportunity.

"To have Harry up the front there just finishing one of them off, it would make a different world for us."

While there had been speculation that Kewell's injury might be more serious than the club will admit, Munn said he trained fully last week and would definitely face the Wanderers.

"How about I guarantee you he plays this week," Munn said, when asked about the speculation

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/kewell-return-will-make-huge-change-heart-20131104-2wwfv.html

Audio of SEN interview here: http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Kewell-to-play-this-week-Munn/62411

Oh jesus, pinning all of our hopes on a 35 year old, this is going to end well

At least we'll definitely have a real number 10 in the 10 position, instead of Williams, this Friday. Kalmar also played 60 minutes in the NYL match, so he should be match fit for Friday as well. 

Others have said it, and I agree. Given the way we're set up, we need to play a real 10. I reckon playing a real 10 instead of Williams will be very noticeable.

• Like 1

At least we'll definitely have a real number 10 in the 10 position, instead of Williams, this Friday. Kalmar also played 60 minutes in the NYL match, so he should be match fit for Friday as well. 

Others have said it, and I agree. Given the way we're set up, we need to play a real 10. I reckon playing a real 10 instead of Williams will be very noticeable.

We did have Mauk on the bench but chose to play him as a 6 instead of a 10

Yeah it will be noticeable, it will suit the way we play. But that's the problem isn't it, aloisi isn't good enough a coach to make a team of very capable players win matches. The only way he thinks he can get a win is through kewell.

Can't win???

Simple...

Put on Kewell

Kewell can't play, what then JA??

.....?????????

Counterattack sounds pretty professional, we'll do that

Good choice JA

The season certainly hasn't started how any of us wanted but it is only 4 games in. To see some posts on here that certain people dont want to go on Friday night does shit me. To ever complicate jumping off at all let alone after 4 games is putrid.

Well said Hobart. 

Im not looking forward to Friday either - simply because WSW could tear us apart... 

But as always..... I will be there in RednWhite cheering my home team till the end 

• Like 1

The season certainly hasn't started how any of us wanted but it is only 4 games in. To see some posts on here that certain people dont want to go on Friday night does shit me. To ever complicate jumping off at all let alone after 4 games is putrid.

Well said Hobart.

Im not looking forward to Friday either - simply because WSW could tear us apart...

But as always..... I will be there in RednWhite cheering my home team till the end

Me too. Back to back trips for me.

• Like 1

Well said Hobart.

Me too. Back to back trips for me.

Me too, wearing my blue hoodie from last year

• Like 1

WSW are the league's over-achievers.  They play on spirit.  They were outplayed by AU and resorted to endless professional fouls and could easily have had 2 red cards.  So I don't fear that they could "tear us apart".  

Their key players are Ono, Mooy and Juric.  Mark them out of the game and we will win.

Popo says they'll mark Harry - looks like they're not counting on having to mark Willo, Hoff and others.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/wanderers-coach-tony-popovic-pinpoints-harry-kewell-as-melbourne-heart-danger-man-20131105-2wytw.html

Definitely be there.  A tough game, but we need something out of this one.  it will be important to go into the following 2 rounds against 2 of the lesser lights of the league with momentum and this game is the place to start.  If we are going to be a threat this year we need to get moving on the table now.

• Like 1

Don't see why everyone is hating on us after 4 games. WSW had 1 point after 3 rounds last season and went on to come top of the table after a new team all together. We also have a fairly new team that once we start to string a few games together can easily become a finals contender.With Kewell most likely back he will be able to feed Mifsud a whole lot better than anyone else in the team. Everyone needs to back heart and get them over the line this week because we nearly did it last time against the Wanderers.

Heart 2-1

• Like 1

In all seriousness anyone who lives within two hours of AMMI Park and CBF rocking up this Friday to a match so important to:

Our Club, Our Team and Our Terrace

IMO can pretty much stop kidding themselves that they are a Heart Fan, as nobody else will be treating them as one. :up:

And the counts The Work Excuses:

Full Timers - Call In Sick.

Casual Workers - You are a Casual Worker.

I loled at that  :lol:

But i'll be there, will be getting full use out of my membership :up: Won't be paying 30 bucks for parking again though, fuck that

Our first appearance of FTA

We must put on a good spectacle so get your red&white on!!!!!

Don't want cameras on housos too many times.

We own this city!!!!!

Exactly! 

Everyone had better sing their hearts out, the last thing we want is everyone getting wet over WSW and the RBB yet again at our home game.