Melbourne Football

Round 5 v WSW @ AAMI Park Friday 8 November

Ando

Melbourne Heart FC Squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 2.Jeremy WALKER, 3.Robbie WIELAERT, 5.Sam MITCHINSON, 6.Patrick GERHARDT, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 11.Michael MIFSUD, 14.Golgol MEBRAHTU, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Aziz BEHICH, 18.David VRANKOVIC, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 21.Stefan MAUK , 22.Nick KALMAR, 23.Mate DUGANDZIC, 25.Andrea MIGLIORINI

***Two to be omitted***

Ins: 5.Sam MITCHINSON, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 22.Nick KALMAR

Outs: 10.Harry KEWELL (ankle – 2 weeks)

I would want Kalmar to start behind Mifsud but knowing Aloisi....

Can only assume that since Hoffman isnt there that Aloisi has the fucking light with Walker.  although Hoffman could be injured .....

I suspect the following:

.................................. Redmayne

....... Walker ...... Gerhardt ....... Wielaert ...... Behich

....................... Murdocca ......... Migliorini

....... Dugandzic .......... Williams ............ Ramsey

.................................... Mifsud

personally, I like to see Behich replaced with Mitchinson and Dugandzic with Kalmar to play central and Williams on the right.

i'd be dropping Behich to get him to pull his finger out a bit more.  maybe some of his past performances come down to instruction, but Christ he looks shit.

Kalmar coming in is to change things up a little.  facts are facts, what we were doing first half last week looked nice but didnt work

10mm of rain tomorrow at AAMI, they didn't bother building a roof over the seats!  Could struggle with a 5k crowd.

We should get more then that and if we don't I will be extremely disappointed. People need to toughen up just because it's a bit wet doesn't mean you should go and support your club, put a rain coat on,sit under the covered areas or if you wanna show your love for the club sit in the open areas and so what if you get a little wet.

Looking forward to a good contest. It will be huge if we can get up, but I think WSW are too solid. A settled squad, now with Juric as a strike threat, I can't see them losing many games this year. I don't know how strongly we'll run the game out after consecutive road trips to Perth and Brisbane and a short turnaround from Sunday evening to Friday. Most players should be ok I guess but Migliorini is still coming off a short pre-season and might've been taken off last game to preserve his legs a bit.

But back home, I think we'll give a good showing. Hopefully Mifsud to display the clinical finishing skills I'm sure he's about to unleash. I think Kalmar will play some part, but who knows, they might go for a similar set up that worked against CCM, but not since. 

Actually, fuck it. We'll win. Go Heart!

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

I'm wondering 2 things ahead of this game.

- What will happen with the number 10 position?

and 

- Which wingers will be played?

I think we could see Kalmar or Mauk start, most probably Kalmar. Aloisi has come out and said Williams isn't a 10, and now that Kalmar is fit I reckon he'll get the nod. Hopefully Mauk gets subbed on for 20 to 30 minutes, as well.

I reckon our best and most complete wingers ATM are Ramsay and Dugandzic. I hope they both start, however I can see JA benching Ramsay and playing Williams. Also, I'd say there's an argument for playing Golgol ahead of Dugandzic. Dugandzic hasn't been very good at taking on his defender and having a shot this season, whereas Golgol is capable of doing both. However, I'm happy to persevere with Dugandzic, as I reckon he'll get better.

Looking forward to this. I back the players we have available, and think we'll see them perform at AAMI tomorrow.

It frustrates me when I hear WSW, as a settled solid squad which is true (one season latter)

Melbourne Heart...(how many seasons until we are known by that)

Well, a number of us have been on about injury prevention and injury management for quite a while, saying it is something that Heart just has to do better at. It just gets tedious when we keep hearing comments such as "These things happen in football" etc. To have a quarter of the squad out though injury makes it that much harder to be competitive. We really have had a bad trot last season and this one so far.

Edited by jw1739

It frustrates me when I hear WSW, as a settled solid squad which is true (one season latter)

Melbourne Heart...(how many seasons until we are known by that)

Well, a number of us have been on about injury prevention and injury management for quite a while, saying it is something that Heart just has to do better at. It just gets tedious when we keep hearing comments such as "These things happen in football" etc. To have a quarter of the squad out though injury makes it that much harder to be competitive. We really have had a bad trot last season and this one so far.

Yes. it would be interesting to compare how other teams are tracking with their injury lists, which I believe are a lot shorter then ours has been

For all of floggy wankers who say you don't want to go. I'm waking up at 6 in the morning to watch red pixels on a screen via a shit connection on the other side of the world.

You people are the reason why our attendances are shite. Get to the game, support the team through thick and thin and sing louder than the FFANRMAFC fans. FFS

End rant.

You mean 'Through thin and thin'.

Only thick thing this club has ever produced is Sibon's cock.

For all of floggy wankers who say you don't want to go. I'm waking up at 6 in the morning to watch red pixels on a screen via a shit connection on the other side of the world.

You people are the reason why our attendances are shite. Get to the game, support the team through thick and thin and sing louder than the FFANRMAFC fans. FFS

End rant.

Who do you stream for?

Go Heart.

End rant.

Only thick thing this club has ever produced is Sibon's cock. Too scared to ask how you know that

• Like 1

End rant.

Only thick thing this club has ever produced is Sibon's cock. Too scared to ask how you know that

You only have to look at him to know he's sporting a huge one to be fair

I'll be there, little bit of fucking rain isn't going to keep me away, neither is the poor form.

See you all at the Imp (for my first visit there!) and on the Yarraside afterwards.

Come on you boys in Red.

Shame too many soft metrosexual casuals will spend this evening on their Winnie the Pooh beanbag wearing onesies watching TV

Is word bloody fags permissible here???

I'll be there, little bit of fucking rain isn't going to keep me away, neither is the poor form.

See you all at the Imp (for my first visit there!) and on the Yarraside afterwards.

Come on you boys in Red.

Shame too many soft metrosexual casuals will spend this evening on their Winnie the Pooh beanbag wearing onesies watching TV

Is word bloody fags permissible here???

I'm a soft metrosexual casual and I'll be there so no excuse ;)

• Like 2

Here's my prediction:

We'll go down 1-0 in the 65th minute. Aloisi will take off 2 attacking players and bring on a couple of defenders. We'll park the bus, coz losing 1 nil is a 'great effort'.

Harry Kewell to strain his neck watching the game to put him out for a further 3 weeks

• Like 2

Here's my prediction:

We'll go down 1-0 in the 65th minute. Aloisi will take off 2 attacking players and bring on a couple of defenders. We'll park the bus, coz losing 1 nil is a 'great effort'.

Harry Kewell to strain his neck watching the game to put him out for a further 3 weeks

Are you kidding me? He won't even watch the game. Probably play a round of golf instead.