Melbourne Football

City vs Geelong United Wednesday 19th August, Jubilee Stadium

fensaddler

14 hours ago, TheStig said:

Do we have a little league whose players we could use?

Zinedine style headbutt into Berisha's sternum at the 61st minute mark

(which resulted from Delbridge slipping over in the box. No malice at all)

Edited by haz
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Superstar Wales being rested for the finals .

Colakovski to show Wales how it's done tonight - I like this kid, but just needs more game time so this is a great opportunity to show his unbelievable tekkers 😉

1 minute ago, kingofhearts said:

Should've rested windbleicher too, that guy is injury prone as he is

Nah, needs more game time in those lungs, calves and hammys so he should be mickey mouse for the finals!

• Like 2

Who we'll probably play in the Semi-Final based on tonight's result:

WIN: WU stay in 5th and play Brisbane in 4th (WU to probably win) - Nix in 3rd play Glory in 6th (Nix probably win) and we play Nix in the Semi. SFC Vs WU
Draw: WU move to 4th and play Brisbane 5th (WU to probably win) - Nix in 3rd play Glory in 6th (Nix probably win) and we play Nix in the Semi. SFC Vs WU
Lose: WU move to 3rd and play Perth in 6th (WU to probably win) - Nix in 4th play Roar in 5th (Nix probably win) and we play WU in the Semi. SFC Vs Nix

Considering their results since the restart I would rather play Wellington over Western United so this is definitely not a dead-rubber as I wouldn't want to play WU again in a week if we lose tonight. Happy to meet them in the final after they beat SFC (this will also remove any crowd advantage) 😀

• Like 2

Solid enough first half, feels like neither team wants to get anyone injured. 

I'd bring Najjarine on now, give him 45 minutes to put his case forward for a winger spot next week. Also Galloway for Windbicher pretty soon, just to give him minutes and put Windy on ice

Well done boys. Well done. Congrats Mombaerts. Best manager we've had. Throw money at him to stay. Great season with beautiful football that brought such a great balance of defensive and attacking football. Best standing in any season, ACL, most points achieved and probably a host of other accolades. 

Onto the finals series. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2