Melbourne Football

Orlando Engelaar

Murfy1

It's starting to piss me off that we don't definitely know whether Saturday will be his last game with us or not. Whilst it would be good if we could keep him in the cap, if that's not possible then we should give him a decent send off too. The fact he stuck around after a potentially career ending injury and willed himself through all that rehab deserves respect and praise. If he's leaving it shouldn't be all about Harry. I'm worried OE's contribution will get lost in all the hype.

• Like 2

I don't think we can get around this. Behich and Gerhardt are similar. IMO it's fairly obvious that City don't want him as a marquee, and I'm not even sure that they want him under the cap either, and from a couple of reports it could be that they are overriding JvS on this one.

If he plays and is subbed off then the safest thing to do is give him a standing ovation - it's the least we can do.

...  Would not be surprised to see someone like Gareth Barry sign for the Heart next season.

Money is no longer an issue for us, but my word, he would have to be paid. He would become the highest ever paid player in the A League.

"Everton line-up £8million Gareth Barry deal as Roberto Martinez looks to land loan star permanently

Everton boss Roberto Martinez is offering Gareth Barry an £8million deal to sign on permanently, reports Alan Nixon in the Sunday People.

Martinez is so impressed by the experienced ­midfielder – a star in his loan spell – that he is ­prepared to offer him £50,000-a-week for the next three seasons.

Barry is on more ­money at Manchester City and would have to take a cut, but he is a free agent in the summer and there may not be a better offer.

Goodison supremo Bill Kenwright is willing to splash out after the former England star fitted in ­snugly into the side. Barry, 33 last week, would have two guaranteed ­seasons at Everton in the deal and a third if he plays enough games.

That would take him to 36, a grand old age, ­however Barry has shown no signs of flagging.

Martinez also knows that finding a similar ­player in the market would cost millions in transfer fees."

At http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-news-gareth-barry-3197785

Someone fuck my ass with a sledgehammer if we let this guy go.

Favourite Heart player of all time and nearly rivalling Pirlo, Diamanti and Dean Ashton as all time favourite

I'd say you'd better get in a large jar of lubricant, now. He's going.

• Like 1

Just some fyi.

- 12 appearances (11 starts)

- 5 Goals

- 3 Assits

- 5 HAL Team of the Week apps

- Record of 5-3-4 (1-5-12 w/o)

- Life long memories.

Edit:

- Runner-up Heart POTY... :clap:

Edit (2):

- HAL Goal of the Season... :clap: :clap: :clap: