Melbourne Football

Orlando Engelaar

Murfy1

I just hate how they never officially announced his departure or did anything to thank him for his time at the club...

I've raised this point before - although not specifically about Orlando. IMO the club should acknowledge the arrival and departure of all players and other staff as a matter of courtesy. It's not that hard, because we are a small organisation.

• Like 4

I just hate how they never officially announced his departure or did anything to thank him for his time at the club...

Agree. He was one of the very few exciting aspects of last season and really gave us a lift when he returned. A quick paragraph of thanks and acknowledgement would have been nice.

• Like 1

Agree. He was one of the very few exciting aspects of last season and really gave us a lift when he returned. A quick paragraph of thanks and acknowledgement would have been nice.

Agree  :clap:

I've raised this point before - although not specifically about Orlando. IMO the club should acknowledge the arrival and departure of all players and other staff as a matter of courtesy. It's not that hard, because we are a small organisation.

True mate, but not everyone who has left deserved thanks.  Orlando did.  Worked very hard to come back from that injury when perhaps some wouldn't have.  Then he delivered when he got the chance.

• Like 1

True mate, but not everyone who has left deserved thanks.  Orlando did.  Worked very hard to come back from that injury when perhaps some wouldn't have.  Then he delivered when he got the chance.

If anyone from the club is reading this forum, it would be respectful and the right thing to do to acknowledge his all too brief contribution (and others) during our first home game against Jets. It would give the fans a chance to farewell them publicly. If nothing else Engelaar's freak long range goal would have got the franchise worldwide (brief) TV coverage.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...