Melbourne Football

Re-Sign Garcia

MARKMILES

This is bullshit. If a player is not training with us and has not signed up with us again 4 months after the season ended then stop stuffing around and pull the offer. Bet you Ange Postecoglou would not put up with this shit at Victory. Why does it matter what Ange would put up with? When will people understand we are not victory so please please stop comparing us to them, the context of our two clubs are completely different apart from been in the same city.

Did you just argue with yourself then? :/

• Like 2

I'm a bit weary that Garcia is the midfielder that JD spoke of earlier this month, that might be slowing up our pursuit of an attacking player, which JD referred to in this statement: 

"Our preference is to try and find a defensive midfielder. We want to ensure we can get the right person to add to our midfield group. And that will [help us to] make a decision on who we sign as the attacking option," Didulica said.

(http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2013/07/09/4105220/exclusive-heart-confirm-failed-karagounis-approach)

Garcia is a fine player, and I'm fine with Heart taking some time to re-sign him, but if he is complicating other signings then we should rethink the merit of re-signing him. This is especially the case now because we would need to play him as a central midfielder, which is a position he's not too familiar with.

This is bullshit. If a player is not training with us and has not signed up with us again 4 months after the season ended then stop stuffing around and pull the offer. Bet you Ange Postecoglou would not put up with this shit at Victory.

Why does it matter what Ange would put up with? When will people understand we are not victory so please please stop comparing us to them, the context of our two clubs are completely different apart from been in the same city.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1162105/Change-of-Heart-leaves-Garcia-in-limbo

looks like RG is a bit annoyed that we didnt come back to him with a better offer. It appears that he is trying to pretend he is the victim.

Those statements attributed to Garcia contradict what has been said by MHFC during this on-going saga.

This is a guy who has hung out for more money (which he's entitled to do).

It appears now as though the club drew a line in the sand and that the final offer the club made made has either lapsed or been withdrawn. As I see it the club is perfectly entitled to take that approach. Otherwise the saga could go on indefinitely.

Garcia is old enough and big enough to understand the risk he was taking. The outcome is unfortunate, but them's the breaks.

• Like 3

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1162105/Change-of-Heart-leaves-Garcia-in-limbo

looks like RG is a bit annoyed that we didnt come back to him with a better offer. It appears that he is trying to pretend he is the victim.

Look it will be the same as last year, with Garcia looking for a big deal in Asia somewhere. When he doesn't find it, he'll come crawling back to us and will play for peanuts again with his tail between his legs. 

This is bullshit. If a player is not training with us and has not signed up with us again 4 months after the season ended then stop stuffing around and pull the offer. Bet you Ange Postecoglou would not put up with this shit at Victory.

Why does it matter what Ange would put up with? When will people understand we are not victory so please please stop comparing us to them, the context of our two clubs are completely different apart from been in the same city.

From article:

”We were in the middle of negotiations which were going well and then I think they had to reschedule their budget and I believe they also tried to sign another player in another position.

”So I'm still waiting for them to come back with another offer."

the way i see it Garcia has stalled and stalled and stalled, trying to get more outta the deal.  don't blame him for that, but to act like a whinging bitch now the club has restructured their offer is plain wrong.  what was he expecting.  just so disappointed it has all become so public.

Bullshit. Here's what Garcia said on May 20th this year:

“I am still talking with the club and I am waiting to hear back from them and I also have feelers out elsewhere and there are a few possibilities,” said Garcia

[...]

“A few things have come to light that are of some interest but I am not rushing into anything and I want to make an educated decision when the time comes.

“I also certainly haven’t given up on staying with Heart and I know John Didulica (Heart's football operations manager) is doing all he can to come to an agreement and we are certainly getting closer.”

[...]

“I am pretty relaxed about the future,” he added. “I am the good side of 30 and more experienced and level headed as a player and a person. And I just want to enjoy my football – wherever that may be.”

There was interest from Garcia’s hometown club Perth Glory eight weeks back but negotiations stalled and Asia, the home to a gallery of Australians, is also a possibility.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1152452/garcia-pondering-heart-bypass

And May 25th this year:

"At the moment I'm just looking at my options," he added.

"I'm waiting on a few things but that should probably become clearer in the next three weeks.

"I'm still in negotiations with Melbourne Heart and there's another couple of A-League teams as well.

"There's also options in the Middle East and in Asia.

"I've got to consider everything for the good of my career. Ideally I'd like to play in a league that runs all year round.

"To get the best out of yourself you need to be playing as much competitive football as possible and this might be my last chance to make a World Cup squad."

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Richard-Garcia-delighted-Hull-City-big-time/story-19088168-detail/story.html#axzz2antKynsV

He is disrespecting the intelligence of Heart supporters if he thinks he just can turn around now and act the innocent victim. I agree with others, that he demanded a very high price, perhaps because he knew he was asking for too much, and he wanted negotiations to go on for long enough so that other clubs might offer him contracts.

Very disappointed with how Garcia has approached negotiations to re-sign.

Edited by Murfy1

Fucking hell, twg really hate us don't they. Awesome one sided "journalism"

Garcia's last interview with TWG completely contradicts what he told them in this interview. Very weak journalism to just accept what Garcia told them and print it as gospel.

Edited by Murfy1

Garcia's last interview with TWG completely contradicts what he told them in this interview. Very weak journalism to just accept what Garcia told them and print it as gospel.

given how many positive Heart stories they have written because of Kewell i dont think its them disliking us - more they are just shit

Edited by mattyh001

given how many positive Heart stories they have written because of Kewell i dont think its them disliking us - more they are just shit

Well, they did have that beat up that "Heart has lost Kewell", when he went off for a short holiday when we were negotiating to sign him. Of course, as Munn later said, Heart knew exactly where Kewell was, and Heart and Kewell had things sorted out, but nonetheless they ran with the story.

I agree, though, that overall it's just very lazy and poor journalism. Unfortunately, though, their bad journalism often seems to run with negative and suspicious stories about Heart.

IMO we'll sign a foreign DM and striker first, and if Garcia still hasn't found a club by then we'll probably offer him something a bit more depending on whatever remaining salary space we have

I think this is completely the right approach, and I'm glad that Heart appear to be doing this.

The fact remains that if we re-signed Garcia, he would have to play as a DM next season. If there's a quality foreign DM, who's played in that position for most of his career (unlike Garcia), why not take him instead? Many supporters have rightly questioned Heart when the club has played players repetitively out of position, so it should be welcomed that we are hesitant to do that again with Garcia. Furthermore, given that Garcia would cost a lot more money, it simply wouldn't be worthwhile to get an expensive player and play that player out of position.

After we've secured a proper DM and a striker, then I'd be more than happy for Heart to seriously attempt to re-sign Garcia.

• Like 1

It looks as though the MHFC website is being updated over the past 24 hours or so.

Garcia has been removed from the list of players.

Velaphi, Ramsay and Kewell added; Wielaert, Murdocca, Mitchinson, Mauk not added yet.

The site has been updated again. Mitchinson and Mauk are the only two missing now.

"At the moment I'm not too sure what's going to happen with me. Negotiations are on hold so I'm looking for a club, really. So I'm still waiting for them to come back with another offer. But I can't afford to wait around for them to make up their mind. I thought the deal would have been wrapped up by now and I would have already been back in training. From my point of view it was always a case of 'when' I was returning to Melbourne not 'if'. But the about-turn became a spanner in the works and it all happened because apparently they had an opportunity to sign another player. But that's football, I know the business ... and now I'm back to square one."