Melbourne Football

Jamie Coyne

Jimmy

Disgusting signing, Perth and Sydney fans wanted him out of their club due to his general shitness. If we don't have anyone in the Youth team that is better than Jamie Coyne, we should scrap the youth team entirely.

Signings like this make us the laughing stock of the league. We should be out trying to sign the best youngsters from the NYL down to full time contracts, not sign an older version of the Hoff who plays defence.

Maybe we can sign Bob Malcom to replace Gray, he seems to fit the mould perfectly.

Hang on. He's basically been signed because Aziz has gone and Mitchinson is out for four weeks. The only other player possibly suitable is Petreski from the Youth squad.

I agree that it looks like an ad hoc signing, but at this stage of the season what other options do we have?

I just hope to goodness that we're learning from this season.

Edited by jw1739

Hang on. He's basically been signed because Aziz has gone and Mitchinson is out for four weeks. The only other player possibly suitable is Petreski from the Youth squad.

I agree that it looks like an ad hoc signing, but at this stage of the season what other options do we have?

I just hope to goodness that we're learning from this season.

This, but more so your last line is on the money!

Wheelhouse has the creativity of a broken Marie Biscuit.

How is it that other clubs can pick up young guns returning from overseas, like Lustica going to Roar?

Wish we held on to Sarkies, are we able to bring in another VISA player like WSW were allowed?

Out of contract Aussie defenders: Chris Coyne? Jamie Coyne? Matthew Park? Carney? Ryan Marveggio? Is Ante Drazina still at Hertha Berlin?

Out of contract Aussie Mids: Adrian Ucchino? Nick Terezakis?

From the January Transfer thread... I know I named half of Australia, but oh yeah!

There's no consistent message being delivered.

A day or two before this signing Scott Munn was quoted as saying we're not interested in signing Lucas Neill just for the rest of the season. While I'm not a Lucas Neill fan anymore, he would have been far better for us for just the rest of the season than Jamie Coyne.

What is going on at out club? Think Dylan McAllister etc. Are we the new A League home for experienced A League journeymen no longer up to good A League standard?

A day or two before this signing Scott Munn was quoted as saying we're not interested in signing Lucas Neill just for the rest of the season. While I'm not a Lucas Neill fan anymore, he would have been far better for us for just the rest of the season than Jamie Coyne.

What is going on at out club? Think Dylan McAllister etc. Are we the new A League home for experienced A League journeymen no longer up to good A League standard?

I think by that he may have been saying that they weren't looking to sign Neill just for the remainder of the season. ie. If we were to sign Neill, it would have to be a longer term contract, not the equivalent of a tacky 10 match guest stint.

Coyne however has been signed as cover for the remainder of the season. We aren't worried about whether he is a long term signing or not, just that he can play a role for the remainder of the season.

Why would we sign Neill, on a short term contract, for ridiculous dollars? The money that would be wasted on Neill is hopefully being used to entice a quality foreign signing.

We need cover for the left back position which Coyne provides, at minimal cost.

Jamie Coyne is a semi-decent defender, but his passing game resembles that of a 12 year old on speed. He makes the simple look so difficult when in posession, as was shown by passing the ball to Smeltz. His entire career has been based on working hard and closing down his opponent, unfortunately when he has the ball it's heart in mouth stuff.

Luckily today he rarely saw much of the play down his side and when he did it was against an overweight and out of form Travis Dodd. Next week James Virgili will be a whole different story I fear.

Luckily today he rarely saw much of the play down his side and when he did it was against an overweight and out of form Travis Dodd.

Yeah but why did the play not go that way? Was it because Perth didn't want to go to Travis, or was it because Jamie had marked him out of the game? Don't know the answer- am just asking. In football a lot that happens off the ball influences what happens on the ball- identifying that off the ball stuff is the tricky part.

I think he played ok today, he had that shocker of a pass to Smeltz but apart from that I think he was pretty solidly defensively.

decent performance, does look a little unfit, but still can do the job.

when the alternative is hoffman I definitely know who I would prefer...

I think this and perhaps an early mis-kick out of play were pretty much his only real mistakes all game.

He certainly doesn't bring the speed and explosiveness from the back that Aziz did, but just from what I saw today, he is probably a little bit more comfortable in the defence. I guess our game wont have that same bounce it had with Aziz down the left side, but I believe Jamie will help keep a clean sheet or 2... assuming these mistakes are just him finding his feet.

With a bit more work and experience I would probably take Sam over Jamie, but for now he will do just fine!

Muuuuuuch better left back then the Hoff!

• Like 1