Melbourne Football

Represent the Heart.

Mentor

Then it's hardly organic is it?

The is absolutely nothing stopping the GA and wings from joining in on what is going on in YSide.

What seem to be the problem with south GA area.

we can pack it almost full yet trying to get them involved during the game is a such a chore.

we were in 18 near the tarps and even when we had a corner we yelled at them to get up .....all for nothing

I guess those short corners aren't very exciting to watch

#NoMoreShortCorners

a topic for it's own thread, very few goals are scored from 'long' corners', there's a high chance of losing possession and then the team is (even more so in our case) vulnerable to counter-attack as defenders are poorly positioned if they are in the box. Our problem is that we are clueless when it comes to long or short corners and rarely convert them.

Edited by belaguttman

#NoMoreShortCorners

a topic for it's own thread, very few goals are scored from 'long' corners', there's a high chance of losing possession and then the team is (even ore in our case) vulnerable to counter-attack as defenders are poorly positioned if they are in the box. Our problem is that we are clueless when it comes to long or short corners and rarely convert them.

Medium???????

• Like 2

Just one further comment if I may.

I was a bit hard on the FRG and I apologise to Torn Asunder and other group members.

Since SHT was introduced midway last season our form has hardly been conducive to the crowd around the stadium getting excited. Despite this IMO SHT was beginning to get a response around the ground, and to fiddle about with what was beginning to take off doesn't make much sense to me. Having three pieces of music in about two minutes just before the kick-off just confuses people and so they just switch off.

In summary IMO too many changes have been made in too short a time. My interpretation of what people mean by "organically" is to give an initiative time to settle down before loading another one right on top of it.

Thanks to YS we have a shortened version of SHT. Forget everything else and stick to that, and once we start winning and the crowd has something to be excited about then it will gradually be accepted by everyone.

Now back in my box.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hey all

The Rep Group will be meeting with the club late Monday afternoon.

I have been informed that Scott Munn and a Board member will be in attendance at the meeting.

We have not been told what the meeting is about, so there is nothing more I can offer up at this stage.

If given the chance I will try to accurately represent the views expressed on this forum, particularly regarding the club's colours.

I will report back if any additional relevant information comes to hand and also following the meeting.

Finally, I will be offline for the majority of today due to family commitments.

Mate that's great.

The only way to express my feelings about this sky blue proposition is my analogy about changing one of the AFL club's colours to those of their biggest rivals.  (Fortunately for Man City's people I am not prone to violence, which is about the only part of that analogy that doesn't fit).

If a decision has not been made yet on our colours I'd really like to know when it will be made by and when we can expect an announcement. I really don't want this to drag out for months.

I think in may and they will spend this month consulting with everyone

If a decision has not been made yet on our colours I'd really like to know when it will be made by and when we can expect an announcement. I really don't want this to drag out for months. 

the season hasn't even finished yet. After the final whistle of the grand final i think we'll see plenty of announcements

the season hasn't even finished yet. After the final whistle of the grand final i think we'll see plenty of announcements Our season is finished. Thank fuck
  • Like 1

the season hasn't even finished yet. After the final whistle of the grand final i think we'll see plenty of announcements Our season is finished. Thank fuck

Word. 

Hey all

The Rep Group will be meeting with the club late Monday afternoon.

I have been informed that Scott Munn and a Board member will be in attendance at the meeting.

We have not been told what the meeting is about, so there is nothing more I can offer up at this stage.

If given the chance I will try to accurately represent the views expressed on this forum, particularly regarding the club's colours.

I will report back if any additional relevant information comes to hand and also following the meeting.

Finally, I will be offline for the majority of today due to family commitments.

Any updates?

• Like 1

Yesterday afternoon the Fan Rep Group met with the club, which was represented by Scott Munn, David Lyon and Simon Pearce (Board member of Manchester City).

The meeting was led by Simon and everyone was given a chance to put forward items for discussion.

In my words, the key points from the meeting (in no particular order) are summarised below:

Manchester City has been (and still are) working closely with Heart behind the scenes since the purchase to get an intimate appreciation on how the club currently runs.

In terms of the existing philosophies around community engagement, grass-roots programs, being a family friendly club, being affordable, wanting to play attractive winning football and giving back to football in Australia (with a focus on youth development and strengthening the A-League), they believe strongly that Heart's current ideals & approaches align nicely with the vision of the Manchester City brand.  It was acknowledged that the Heart has been hamstrung almost from the start by lack of finance.  Also, it was said that the people currently at Heart are good operators, with a connection to the club that has been there since its inception (which they believe is invaluable) and who have a real passion and desire for the club to achieve its goals and be successful.

Creating clear global connectivity between City's clubs is essential with regards to business setups and sharing intellect (this is already happening - some of Heart's community programs will be considered by City for implementation in the UK), sharing football resources, and players. 

Manchester City understands the passion the supporters have for the colours, and that the red and white are the colours of Melbourne.  This understanding exists at the highest executive level. 

City have been impressed with the way that Melbourne Heart supporters have conducted themselves with regards to presenting the message about the colours (particularly the placard and the text contained on the back), and they think the respectful approach adopted by fans gels with the way City like to engage and operate - hats off to all involved, you have been heard!

It is imperative for City to build a global brand.  For them to achieve this, they believe there must be easily identifiable synergies with Manchester and New York.  They indicated an acceptance that Heart is Red & White.  Acknowledging this, they intend to introduce sky blue into the club (as well).  They committed to achieve an outcome whereby the majority of supporters are in acceptance AND that will be respectful to the (albeit short) history of the club.  They were no commitments given with regard to a change in name, however, again they indicated that all processes undertaken in building the desired global brand will be respectful to Heart, the existing fans and club history.

On players, City want to make sure when a player within their system is given the opportunity to go to Melbourne / New York, they will know that they are still part of City, a global brand with a shared vision and resources, rather than thinking they are just being sent off to a feeder club.

In terms of the playing squad (including marquees & loan players), it was indicated that appropriate investments will be made and that the utilisation of the full resource at City's disposal will be considered to achieve KPI driven success that includes finals and Asian Champions League.

With regards to facilities, money will be spent as required and at present Latrobe is the front runner due to existing relationships / partnerships and the fact that Latrobe WANT to partner with Heart.  City has already had civil infrastructure & pitch experts out to Australia to look at improvement options.

It was said that City must continue building on what Melbourne Heart already has - there is no desire to create a mini Manchester City, because it won’t work.  What is sought is the achievement of an outcome where our team plays outstanding winning football (in the same style as Manchester City), along with a culture of outstanding community & fan engagement.

It was reiterated that City do not like to blow their own trumpet with regards to their successes - they just get on and do things the best.  It was also reiterated that when tough business decisions need to be made, they have the setups to make the decisions, but they will do it in the right (respectful) way.  It was also pointed out that the purchase of Heart is not a 'flash in the pan', but a long term strategy with a 10 year plan.

Going forward, the Fan Rep Group will continue to exist and will meet with the club again in the lead up to next season.

Out of respect to other A-League clubs in the finals, and also with consideration to the World Cup, announcements and further developments will be timed accordingly, but we can all expect an exciting off-season.

From reading this, sounds like what most of us thought, the name is most likely gone but maybe the colours can be saved, is that how you interpreted what was said at the meeting as well? I just hope their acceptance that we are red & white doesn't mean they'll just give us a red & white away strip while changing the main kit to sky blue.

• Like 2

For them to achieve this, they believe there must be easily identifiable synergies with Manchester and New York.  They indicated an acceptance that Heart is Red & White.  Acknowledging this, they intend to introduce sky blue into the club (as well).  

Any more information on what they mean by this Tom?

Yesterday afternoon the Fan Rep Group met with the club, which was represented by Scott Munn, David Lyon and Simon Pearce (Board member of Manchester City).

The meeting was led by Simon and everyone was given a chance to put forward items for discussion.

In my words, the key points from the meeting (in no particular order) are summarised below:

Manchester City has been (and still are) working closely with Heart behind the scenes since the purchase to get an intimate appreciation on how the club currently runs.

In terms of the existing philosophies around community engagement, grass-roots programs, being a family friendly club, being affordable, wanting to play attractive winning football and giving back to football in Australia (with a focus on youth development and strengthening the A-League), they believe strongly that Heart's current ideals & approaches align nicely with the vision of the Manchester City brand. It was acknowledged that the Heart has been hamstrung almost from the start by lack of finance. Also, it was said that the people currently at Heart are good operators, with a connection to the club that has been there since its inception (which they believe is invaluable) and who have a real passion and desire for the club to achieve its goals and be successful.

Creating clear global connectivity between City's clubs is essential with regards to business setups and sharing intellect (this is already happening - some of Heart's community programs will be considered by City for implementation in the UK), sharing football resources, and players.

Manchester City understands the passion the supporters have for the colours, and that the red and white are the colours of Melbourne. This understanding exists at the highest executive level.

City have been impressed with the way that Melbourne Heart supporters have conducted themselves with regards to presenting the message about the colours (particularly the placard and the text contained on the back), and they think the respectful approach adopted by fans gels with the way City like to engage and operate - hats off to all involved, you have been heard!

It is imperative for City to build a global brand. For them to achieve this, they believe there must be easily identifiable synergies with Manchester and New York. They indicated an acceptance that Heart is Red & White. Acknowledging this, they intend to introduce sky blue into the club (as well). They committed to achieve an outcome whereby the majority of supporters are in acceptance AND that will be respectful to the (albeit short) history of the club. They were no commitments given with regard to a change in name, however, again they indicated that all processes undertaken in building the desired global brand will be respectful to Heart, the existing fans and club history.

On players, City want to make sure when a player within their system is given the opportunity to go to Melbourne / New York, they will know that they are still part of City, a global brand with a shared vision and resources, rather than thinking they are just being sent off to a feeder club.

In terms of the playing squad (including marquees & loan players), it was indicated that appropriate investments will be made and that the utilisation of the full resource at City's disposal will be considered to achieve KPI driven success that includes finals and Asian Champions League.

With regards to facilities, money will be spent as required and at present Latrobe is the front runner due to existing relationships / partnerships and the fact that Latrobe WANT to partner with Heart. City has already had civil infrastructure & pitch experts out to Australia to look at improvement options.

It was said that City must continue building on what Melbourne Heart already has - there is no desire to create a mini Manchester City, because it won’t work. What is sought is the achievement of an outcome where our team plays outstanding winning football (in the same style as Manchester City), along with a culture of outstanding community & fan engagement.

It was reiterated that City do not like to blow their own trumpet with regards to their successes - they just get on and do things the best. It was also reiterated that when tough business decisions need to be made, they have the setups to make the decisions, but they will do it in the right (respectful) way. It was also pointed out that the purchase of Heart is not a 'flash in the pan', but a long term strategy with a 10 year plan.

Going forward, the Fan Rep Group will continue to exist and will meet with the club again in the lead up to next season.

Out of respect to other A-League clubs in the finals, and also with consideration to the World Cup, announcements and further developments will be timed accordingly, but we can all expect an exciting off-season.

From reading this, sounds like what most of us thought, the name is most likely gone but maybe the colours can be saved, is that how you interpreted what was said at the meeting as well? I just hope their acceptance that we are red & white doesn't mean they'll just give us a red & white away strip while changing the main kit to sky blue. I might be wrong but issnt man city's away kit traditionally red and black because they were the colours prior sky blue? If it is right then it might be an indication..

If we have to change I hope there is a push to have sky blue and white stripes as the home and red and white away so at least we have even some resemblance of heart on the home kit

Edited by Dylan

Thanks for the update.  Whilst I like City's style of not conducting business via the media, I've started to realise I've become addicted to it and am basically in withdrawal mode, grasping at whatever information straws are thrown by anyone.

Sounds hopeful in regards to the colours.  I will keep (those i haven't thrown out already!) my toys in the pram for now.  I would hope they would go with the only palatable option of red and white at home, sky blue away (unless against Sydney, same as WSW play in home strip away to us, for obvious reasons).  This would allow fans to see our colours, but give them the sky blue.

Still hate sky blue though, but would roll/bend over on that one, provided they "bought me dinner" via training facilities upgrade and marquees.  

Seems like they don't want to make any serious announcements till July then. 

In terms of the existing philosophies around community engagement, grass-roots programs, being a family friendly club, being affordable, wanting to play attractive winning football and giving back to football in Australia (with a focus on youth development and strengthening the A-League), they believe strongly that Heart's current ideals & approaches align nicely with the vision of the Manchester City brand.  It was acknowledged that the Heart has been hamstrung almost from the start by lack of finance.  Also, it was said that the people currently at Heart are good operators, with a connection to the club that has been there since its inception (which they believe is invaluable) and who have a real passion and desire for the club to achieve its goals and be successful.

Manchester City understands the passion the supporters have for the colours, and that the red and white are the colours of Melbourne.  This understanding exists at the highest executive level. 

It is imperative for City to build a global brand.  For them to achieve this, they believe there must be easily identifiable synergies with Manchester and New York.  They indicated an acceptance that Heart is Red & White.  Acknowledging this, they intend to introduce sky blue into the club (as well).  They committed to achieve an outcome whereby the majority of supporters are in acceptance AND that will be respectful to the (albeit short) history of the club.  They were no commitments given with regard to a change in name, however, again they indicated that all processes undertaken in building the desired global brand will be respectful to Heart, the existing fans and club history.

With regards to facilities, money will be spent as required and at present Latrobe is the front runner due to existing relationships / partnerships and the fact that Latrobe WANT to partner with Heart.  City has already had civil infrastructure & pitch experts out to Australia to look at improvement options.

It was said that City must continue building on what Melbourne Heart already has - there is no desire to create a mini Manchester City, because it won’t work.  What is sought is the achievement of an outcome where our team plays outstanding winning football (in the same style as Manchester City), along with a culture of outstanding community & fan engagement.

It was reiterated that City do not like to blow their own trumpet with regards to their successes - they just get on and do things the best.  It was also reiterated that when tough business decisions need to be made, they have the setups to make the decisions, but they will do it in the right (respectful) way.  It was also pointed out that the purchase of Heart is not a 'flash in the pan', but a long term strategy with a 10 year plan.

From reading this, sounds like what most of us thought, the name is most likely gone but maybe the colours can be saved, is that how you interpreted what was said at the meeting as well? I just hope their acceptance that we are red & white doesn't mean they'll just give us a red & white away strip while changing the main kit to sky blue.

If someone can direct me to a Bookie who takes money on this kind of stuff then I will def put some hard earned on this “Cardiff Solution” being exactly the way things pan out Colour wise for the club into the future.